Sign in to follow this  
shtkn

BBCS News only. Anything else = TEMPBAN BlazBlue Chrono Phantasm announced! Izayoi added!

Looks like CSII on the PSP will be released on the 31 of March, lets hope that the patch is released shortly after.

Shitty Babel fish translation:

If l' one believes the retailers of Japan of them, always also precise New year or not, Blazblue Continuum Shift II on PSP should be ready for the end of March. This adaptation of l' arcade is listed for March 31, 2011 with the country of Sun-Raising. Not more precise details with regard to a possible localization.

Original French text:

Si l'on en croit les revendeurs du Japon, toujours aussi précis Nouvel An ou non, Blazblue Continuum Shift II sur PSP devrait être prête pour la fin du mois de mars.

Cette adaptation de l'arcade est listée pour le 31 mars 2011 au pays du Soleil-Levant. Pas plus de précisions en ce qui concerne une possible localisation.

Source:

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-date-A0000089514.html

Since I'm french allow me:

Original French text:

Si l'on en croit les revendeurs du Japon, toujours aussi précis Nouvel An ou non, Blazblue Continuum Shift II sur PSP devrait être prête pour la fin du mois de mars.

Cette adaptation de l'arcade est listée pour le 31 mars 2011 au pays du Soleil-Levant. Pas plus de précisions en ce qui concerne une possible localisation.

According to the japanese resellers, always accurate no matter new year, blazblue cs2 psp should be ready at the end of march. This arcade port is listed for the 03/31/11 in japan. no further details for an hypothetic localisation (in europe I assume)

I'm not sure it's clearer but here it is.

Maybe this isn't a 100% Blazblue news thing, but you must know it:

It was confirmed today that the Nintendo 3DS won't be region free (unlike the NDS or the old GB series), so pray that Aksys Games also localizes 3DS BBCS2 for ameRRikan lands.

About the Phase 0 Prologue preorder bonus with BBCS2.

Buyers of the PSP version get it in the form of a Drama CD, buyers of the 3DS version get it in the form of a comic.

http://blazblue.jp/cs2_m/special.html

Cast of the Phase 0 Prologue Drama CD is as follows:

Tomokazu Sugita as Ragna

Masaki Terasoma as Mitsuyoshi

Iori Nomizu as Caelica A Mercury

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=374

Edited by Tokkan

BBCS2 Patch is being delivered to consoles on thursday according to this.

The preceding wildly inaccurate content assessment is to be ignored.

A NESiCAxLive update (v1.04) for CSII is coming to arcades February 24th.

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics194

Edited by Circuitous

^ And here's a picture:

04.png

Additionally, BuruRaji is returning for another run, starting on March 31st. It's called BuruRaji W (The W standing for widescreen).

news from a mori / daisuke ishiwatari conference in france at world game cup. My french isn't very good though, but this should be the gist of it:

BB:CS2 DLC for consoles will be free or really cheap. A date has not been set.

There will be a new GG ! No confirmation on whether it will be 2D or 3D.

No plans for a GG vs BB.

strong hints about kokonoe being the next character (for a next version of BB ?), but nothing official.

Will there ever be a blazblue version where tager is good ? "no" :)

unfortunately the stream went down at a certain point, so I missed quite a bit.

If a video of it shows up on ustream.tv i'll make sure to edit this post to include it, so people can check it out for themselves.

Edit: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12954543

Edited by nstalkie

Here's what they said :

Q: Is the BBCS2 DLC for console coming ?

Mori just answers "Kimasu" (coming) in the mic, and then mutters something that the spokesperson translates into "It's definitely coming, but he just doesn't want to say when. It will be either really cheap or free."

Q: Will there be a new GG ?

-Yes.

Q: Is a Guilty Gear x BlazBlue planned ?

Mori: Right now there's no plan about it.

Q: Will BlazBlue's chara design continue being as over-the-top as it as been so far, or is it going to favor a more serious tone in the future ? Because Makoto and Platinum are just "fun-looking" characters, just like Taokaka. (He then says that these characters remind too much of fan-service, and are closer to Arcana Hearts and loli-style than a serious style.)

Mori : What is planned right now is that more loli-like characters won't appear, and starting from now on, there'll be a lot more serious-looking character. But it doesn't mean that a character with pink cat ears and tail will never come out.

(He then asks "Who likes Kokonoe here ?!", and the spokesperson translates that into "Who likes that kind of character ?"...)

Q: Will Tager ever be a good character ? That's the third episode he's the weakest, is there any way you make him broken in the next game, please ?

Mori: No. :)

Non-Blazblue related questions

Q: What about Hokuto no Ken 2 ?

Mori : Please ask Sega. *giggles*

Q: What are your favourite video games of all times ?

Ishiwatari : Hard to choose, but I'll say Donjon Master and Tomb Raider 1.

Mori : Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers), Gears of War and Tekken.

Q: In Capcom & SNK games, the new characters are more focused on original moves and gameplay, while in GG & BB, characters are more focused on being original, things that we have never seen before. Where do you find inspiration ? Are you getting your inspiration from other things ?

Ishiwatari: When we create a new character, the first thing we think about is the character's range, and choose either the character will fight close or far form the opponent, and then the "type of character" is defined. Then there's a lot of inspiration from anime and mangas from the time being.

Mori: I'm just going under Ishiwatari's influence.

Q: In your opinion, what's more important : the design or the gameplay ?

Mori: We first focus on the fact that the character has to fit the physics and the system of the game. Then we think about the design.

Ishiwatari: It's still hard to tell which one arrives first when we think about creating a new character. (He means that sometimes it happens that he has a character design idea before even knowing how he'll fight)

Q: How do you feel when you are in a French tournament, if you compare it to Japan ? Are you happy to be here ?

Ishiwatari: I was surprised by the atmosphere. The fact that players are teasing each others is fun.

The spokesperson translates then "There's that in Japan too, but here, the atmosphere is top tier".

Mori: In SBO there are similar matches where there's a lot of motivation and when everyone's yelling and etc.

And then the Stream went down. :(

Edited by Achoral

I'm pretty sure this belongs here (just delete this post if this is already in here somewhere)

BBCS2 hits the USA! Planet Zero Arcade now has a few BBCS2 cabinets. Hopefully this means more arcades will be able to update.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/03/gstv-news-blazblue/

As it says in the video, these cabinets are able to work due to a special board that allows them to run without Nesica.

I guess this qualifies as news, I went back quite a few pages to check to see if it was mentioned but didn't see anything. Please delete if needed.

BB:CS2 Mook is now available from Arcadia Magazine:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/4/super-street-fighter-iv-ae-blazblue-cs-ii-mooks-by-arcadia-m.html

And if you want to buy:

http://ebten.jp/ar/p/9784047271821/

I thought I've seen that picture somewhere before, which is why I thought it was posted already, but nonetheless I didn't see it mentioned.