Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuka

[CS1] Lambda-11 Combo Thread

Can someone give me hints on why do I miss after the TK Crescent?

Combo>dash>2DD>2147D>5DD>combo

I usually can't connect the 5DD...

The timing on the 5dd is very strict. I found that delaying the TK works extremely well or I see some ppl doing the complete opposite. TKing as soon as possible. I feel the delay is alot more reliable though.

The timing on the 5dd is very strict. I found that delaying the TK works extremely well or I see some ppl doing the complete opposite. TKing as soon as possible. I feel the delay is alot more reliable though.

I tried to delay the 2DD, the 2147D, to dash more and less... without results.

Maybe this will work :D

I tried to delay the 2DD, the 2147D, to dash more and less... without results.

Maybe this will work :D

its not all about delaying the 2147d, it much more dependent on their height and how low your TK it. Hitting them when they are as high as possible WHILE TK'ing as low as possible makes this link much easier to do lol however, you can delay/do it as fast as you can depending on your combo proration, but judging the height of both of the characters seems to be a more important aspect.

also, when you land from the 2147d, DONT MASH the 5dd; its a link, you need to wait until your recovery frames are done before you even press 5d lol

Yeah you need to try to delay the tk like a half a second. Also you want to dash in so that the opponent is ALMOST above you. If they are directly above you there is a chance you'll whiff the TK.

The only thing you need to do is hit the lowest part of the opponent's hitbox with the highest part of the crescent's hitbox while making sure the TK is low as possible.

THAT'S IT.

Any other part of the combo is irrelevant.

The only other thing that can factor into that is how deep you Dash > 2DD, a small dash could possibly require another dash after 2147D and dashing too deep might make you whiff the 2DD or the TK.

I broke my previous record of an 81 hit combo (shown in the duck video) and reached 101 :toot:

Bang only - FC 632146D > RC > 6C > Dash [Corner] > [5C x 8 > 6C] x 5 > 6A > 2147D > RC > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.2DD > j.2147D - 8628 Damage

saw this in a combo video, apparently its character specific [i can only do this consistently on tager so far, i need to tighten up my links lol] will test on other character...more damage off of 236C/CH 5D is a plus imo lol lambda really needs all she can get :/

[CH 5D] 236C > dash > 5Cx8 > 6C > dash > 2DD > 9214D > dash > 6DD > 2DD > 6C > 2DD > SJC > j.DD > JC > j.2DD > j.214D - 4.4k+

builds around 45 meter. tasty lol

managed to break 5k with a 2147D FC + RC starter, but forgot the combo lol its really similar to above, but there are some changes due to fatal properties, and it builds 51 meter...

You can do it on some other characters (notably Ragna in combo vids) but it's not universal.

Kinda not worth the 100 damage because of the tight timing on the dash, although it's free in the corner.

That combo works on Arakune/Hakumen/Tager. Other characters are possible, but I feel they're too inconsistent to really note. Either way, your midscreen combo should be:

236C > Dash > 5C[8] > 6C > dash 2DD > Crescent > 5DD > 236C > dash 2DD > aircombo. Should do 4.3, 41% meter gain.

236C > Dash > 5C[8] > 6C > dash 2DD > Crescent > 5DD > 236C > dash 2DD > aircombo. Should do 4.5-6 and build more meter as well.

4330 Damage 41 meter

Standard combo is 4329 39 meter

I find double 236C to be less stable than the standard one.

haha, the extra 1 damage and 2 meter. its rather tempting :p

off topic: i can stare at your avatar for hours sev. i can imagine her saying "i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack" with an emphasis on "baaaaa"

I thought goryus does a more damaging midscreen cavalier...

cavalier -> walk -> 5c -> 6c -> dash -> 2dd -> ... -> 6c -> dash -> 2dd -> ... -> 6c -> 2dd -> sj.dd -> dj.2dd -> j.214d .... does like 4.5k with no meter. Also include the fact that there are no TK crescents, and so you dont have to worry about dropping that part (Although the 2dd -> ... -> 6c timing is kinda wierd). I dunno the meter gain but must be a lot with the amount of multihits.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQe_kBabbdI#t=01m10s I cut off the damage count early because I edit like an idiot lol, but it seemed like 41~43 meter gain?

Also, I've been trying to think up of something creative with 5c->6c corner loops incorporating 4b's in there, I've seen derek do it. Dunno if its worth the damage, and it puts YOU in the corner, but its definitely something to play around with for possible damage and mindgames, and doesn't JUST the second hit of 4b prorate really well?-

some corner launcher (5c -> 6c)x3 -> 4b(Whiff first hit) - dashunder -> 2dd -> j.dd -> dj.dd -> 214d

4424 damage 42 meter.

It's really unstable (except on Tager, you don't even have to dash), especially against characters with a small hitbox.

some corner launcher (5c -> 6c)x3 -> 4b(Whiff first hit) - dashunder -> 2dd -> j.dd -> dj.dd -> 214d

More like some corner launcher (5c -> 6c)x3 -> gravity -> godly proration -> damage

Although I don't like spending a DP unless it kills.

A compromise has been found -

236C > Dash > 5C x 8 > 6C > Dash > 2DD > 6C > 2DD > 2147D > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.2DD > j.214D - 4601 Damage 46 Meter.

It works on everyone, the trick is to hit 5C as low as possible so that the second 6C could hit 8 times for maximum damage.

Added to the list.

Ooooo i actually like that :3

Only thing though, is the notdashing -> 2dd -> ... -> 6c part seems scarily hitbox unfriendly. Has the been tried on all characters?

And i must be late on this but gravity midcombo is godly proration wat :v:

I'm pretty sure dashing is required for the second 2DD, otherwise 2147D > 5DD is not going to connect.

Also the dashing may or may not be required after the first 6C. Character specific really. Dashing is not required for bigger hitbox characters like Tager, Ragna, Haku, and it will land the full second 6C. Whereas micro dashing is required for small hitboxes like Jins or Noels (2DD will whiff).

Like Tuka said, this will only work if the 5Cs hit as low as possible, otherwise the opponent will elevate too high and they can tech out mid air. I typically hit confirm with the 5C x 8 (plenty of time) to judge height. If low, use Tuka's combo. If high, resort to Severin's combo.

i just started learning lambda and saw this combo in rins vid:

cavalier>[5Cx8>6C]x3>2DD>2147D>5DD>6DD>2DD>jDD>dj>j2DD>214D

so i got the first part down pretty well, but i allways drop it when i did the first crescent saber. i double checked with rins vid so my distance from the corner and the height if my crescent saber wont be off and cant think of a reason why this doesnt work. im usually practicing on ragna could that be the problem?

that was a very nice vid btw:3

If you're going to learn a cavalier combo from that distance, just learn:

236C > (5C[8] > 6C)x3 > 6A > Crescent > Dash > (6A > Crescent)x2 > 6A > 2C > j.DD > dj.DD > j.214D

okay thanks for the fast reply, ill try that^^ is there any problem with it when i start with 5D CH?