Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

The [Newer!!!] NorCal Thread! - BB, GGAC, HnK, FUC, Touhou, and Other Sad Life Games!

arcana heart sucks

ah3 looks like a different story. good thing arcsys is doing it

iamp > you

everything > bbcs > swr/hst fuck that bullshit

8]

Hey, I wanna play you guys some more before I leave. I'm here for a week or two. Hit me up on IM or by phone (Messed with to minimize crawlers):

Five 0 tree six too won 6 zero nein! 3

WTF you're still here? I'm hella money matching you and taking back that tourney money, real talk

arcana heart sucks

ah3 looks like a different story. good thing arcsys is doing it

iamp > you

everything > bbcs > swr/hst fuck that bullshit

8]

:thumbu:

WTF you're still here? I'm hella money matching you and taking back that tourney money, real talk

When you match him can i come? I'm gonna level up and not destroy myself this time!

you should! also since haunts is my neighbour we should SHOW IT TO THE WORLD

Just generally curious about where the Bay Area players tend to get together. I'd like to actually meet some of the locals and maybe start rising from the ranks of shit player to mediocre player. So if someone could help out or just point me in the right direction, that'd be rocking.

Depends on the game. If it's Blazblue, you can meet most of Norcal's finest at SVGL tomorrow, and not even have to pay for plays. :d

GG is most often Rod's place.

Ahem. Sorry for lack of specificity. Mainly looking for BlazBlue. Couple more lame questions.

SVGL = Golfland USA in Sunnyvale, right? What are the times people are typically there (or is there a website that blathers on about that sort of stuff so I don't have to deluge you with questions)? Finally, any places closer to the Oakland/Berkeley chunk of the Bay Area? In theory I could head down there, but couldn't do it too often (hour drive each way is pretty rough).

Thank you!

Ahem. Sorry for lack of specificity. Mainly looking for BlazBlue. Couple more lame questions.

SVGL = Golfland USA in Sunnyvale, right? What are the times people are typically there (or is there a website that blathers on about that sort of stuff so I don't have to deluge you with questions)? Finally, any places closer to the Oakland/Berkeley chunk of the Bay Area? In theory I could head down there, but couldn't do it too often (hour drive each way is pretty rough).

Thank you!

SVGL does an Arcade Mania special every Wednesday from Noon till closing. Its like $12 for unlimited plays of anything as long as you're there. And one or 2 of us BB players are usually there with a time card so 90% of people who show up have no need to buy anything and can play casuals for free!

As for places closer...Ehhh nothing that wouldn't be dead or just focused on SSF4 mainly. Eudemonia in Berkeley is a big Net Cafe kinda place with all sorts of crap to play, but I think the SF crowd over shadows any BB activity. Once every week or every 2 weeks to come to SVGL is gonna be your best bet for offline matches with other people since its VERY consistent on Wednesdays. Although beware, that Dacidbro guy, he SUCKS:kitty:

EDIT: as for when to go to SVGL on Wednesdays, go around 5ish. Thats when most people are there or are gonna be there. And yes, it is Sunnyvale Golfland USA. We're just too lazy to call it Golfland...

I'll be there tomorrow, but admittedly, I'm showing up at like 8:30.. getting off work very late.

I'm pretty horrible, yeah. All I do is mash super saiyan mode and get lucky :/

Some people go to SVGL on wednesdays I guess. I haven't been there in months. I probably don't really have any reason to. I hear cab has shit parts and I live farther away so I don't think it's really worth it for me imo. But as far as I know in terms of the special, SVGL should still have their wednesday special.

I'll be there tomorrow, but admittedly, I'm showing up at like 8:30.. getting off work very late.

I'm pretty horrible, yeah. All I do is mash super saiyan mode and get lucky :/

*Mash Super Saiyan mode, get lucky, be a highly entertaining commentator.

*nods sagely* I'm sure that when I show up I will destroy all the Bay Area players with my amazing ability to drop simplistic combos, fail to tech throws of all colors and... uh... look good doing it?

Finally, any places closer to the Oakland/Berkeley chunk of the Bay Area?

The anime club at UC Berkeley has game nights on Thursday where BB is one of the games we play. Not sure if the level of play is at what you want, though I'd like to think I'm not too terrible with this game. Mash j.C and hope I get lucky ftw. :V

I hear cab has shit parts and I live farther away so I don't think it's really worth it for me imo. But as far as I know in terms of the special, SVGL should still have their wednesday special.

I'm a scrub so take what I say with a grain of salt, but when I dropped by SVGL (first time in many years) two fridays ago, the buttons/stick on the 1P side of BBCS seemed impeccable, so it was awesome.

Speaking of SVGL, I'm probably planning on dropping by again tonight, though as stated previously, I'm terrible. Trying to learn, though. Haven't had almost any BBCS time since I just moved into a new house like three days after BBCS console came out.

edit: the cab wasn't secured and needs a rubberized foot pad or something, it was sliding around if anyone pushed it at all or even moved a stick too hard, though.

Ok the easiest solution to the moving cab is to get one foot under the cab and the other foot on the little bit of metal sticking out that has the wheel under it. Assuming both players don't mash, it shouldn't move at all.

The anime club at UC Berkeley has game nights on Thursday where BB is one of the games we play. Not sure if the level of play is at what you want, though I'd like to think I'm not too terrible with this game. Mash j.C and hope I get lucky ftw. :V

you don't happen to play bang/hakumen by chance do you

Fun times tonight at SVGL - nice playing vs and watching everybody. Predictably, I was utterly destroyed. I don't think I took a single round legitimately, haha. Still had fun, though - I gotta learn sometime. Should probably practice or something, now that I'm done moving and have my console hooked up again.

Thanks to zero-jt especially for being sociable when I didn't know wtf, didn't really get any other names (other than figuring out who some folks were, like dacid).