Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

The [Newer!!!] NorCal Thread! - BB, GGAC, HnK, FUC, Touhou, and Other Sad Life Games!

Fun times tonight at SVGL - nice playing vs and watching everybody. Predictably, I was utterly destroyed. I don't think I took a single round legitimately, haha. Still had fun, though - I gotta learn sometime. Should probably practice or something, now that I'm done moving and have my console hooked up again.

Thanks to zero-jt especially for being sociable when I didn't know wtf, didn't really get any other names (other than figuring out who some folks were, like dacid).

Do you go to UCSC?

The anime club at UC Berkeley has game nights on Thursday where BB is one of the games we play. Not sure if the level of play is at what you want, though I'd like to think I'm not too terrible with this game. Mash j.C and hope I get lucky ftw. :V

Not sure how welcome I'd be. I was one of the former presidents of Cal Animage Alpha. >_>

Anyhow, what time does the game night start anymore? If I'm not too afraid of being lynched, I might drop by before work (go go graveyard). Still in Dwinelle Hall, or did you all find a new place to hang?

Anyhow, I might try to drop by SVGL next Wednesday. Too last minute this week, considering my girlfriend and I share a single car.

Not sure how welcome I'd be. I was one of the former presidents of Cal Animage Alpha. >_>

Anyhow, what time does the game night start anymore? If I'm not too afraid of being lynched, I might drop by before work (go go graveyard). Still in Dwinelle Hall, or did you all find a new place to hang?

Anyhow, I might try to drop by SVGL next Wednesday.

Holy shit, they still lynch people? That is so 19th century.

Unless it changed just this year, it's from 7:30-10 PM and in whatever available room(s) on the 2nd floor of Dwinelle.

Awesome. So nostalgic! I'll drop by tomorrow then.

Good shit to Dacid and Severin for keeping the 3 of us talking about utterly random shit for FOUR hours!! 6 if you include all the In N' Out talk too:yaaay:

Do you go to UCSC?

No, but I live like 10-15 minutes away from UCSC - so if there's ever some games there that I'm welcome to join in on, I'd be able to make it pretty easily in most cases. I just went to SVGL since it's not too far on some days, as I work in the Cupertino area.

Just curious if anyone here is going to SacAnime as they are suppose to be having a BB tourny on Sunday.

Good shit to Dacid and Severin for keeping the 3 of us talking about utterly random shit for FOUR hours!! 6 if you include all the In N' Out talk too:yaaay:

SVGL parking lot 'till 4am arf arf arf arf

I don't think people particularly care about this, but Sac Anime is coming up and here is the schedule for their tournaments.

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 1 PM – 12 AM

_6:00 PM: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2) – $2

_7:00 PM: Fate: Unlimited Codes (PS2) – $2

_7:00 PM: Pokemon D/P/Pl/HG/SS (1v1) (DS) – $2

10:00 PM: Cosplay Poker – FREE

SATURDAY 10 AM – 12 AM

12:00 PM: Melty Blood: Actress Again (PS2) – $3

_2:00 PM: Super Smash Bros. Melee (1v1) (GC) – $3

_4:00 PM: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1v1) (wii) – $3

_4:00 PM: Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3) – $3

_5:00 PM: Halo 3 (X360) – $2

_8:00 PM: Dance Dance Revolution (PS2) – $3

SUNDAY 10 AM – 5 PM

12:00 PM: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) – $2

_2:00 PM: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) – $3

_2:00 PM: Tekken 6 (PS3) – $3

I don't know if I should go though for the BB:CS tournament.

SVGL parking lot 'till 4am arf arf arf arf

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!????!!!11!!!?!?!?!?!

Im glad i left when i did to get some sleep O_o

What Spirit Juice said. I fucking hate that place so much. Bad management. Nothing to do. Shitty people and fans.

What were you expecting? No one has had good experiences at SacAnime. :lol:

I'm rather new here so I didn't really know... I just saw on the website that they were having BB and figured I'd see if anyone was going.

gathering at jakes, i think

i sure hope so cuz i really want my stick again :(

I'm rather new here so I didn't really know... I just saw on the website that they were having BB and figured I'd see if anyone was going.

Can we also have a Blazblue Calamity Trigger tournament as well??

It would be good to have the original played along with the new one :3

Just incase the new one is diffrent and people dont know how to play

Do you really want to go to a tournament where people, like this, have a say in the brackets? And -better yet- they'll probably listen to him. I never been to SacAnime, but I can tell the tournaments are already setup for failure.