Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

The [Newer!!!] NorCal Thread! - BB, GGAC, HnK, FUC, Touhou, and Other Sad Life Games!

It opens at 7:30 but I don't think things go into full swing until after 8 at least? I used to go at 7:30 but I show up kind of late these days

Wednesdays and Fridays, doors open at 7:30 I think, most people show up around 8 and onward. On non-Dogfight/CaliBurst Saturdays, some people still show up kinda later at night after those other Saturday Events die down a bit (3S, Smash)

Norcal Dogfight Day 0 tonight! Come see me in +R or XRD if you can't handle life in the fast lane!

Sacramento area has Scott / Coopa and people around that area - I'm not sure how frequently they do stuff but there are definitely ppl up there.

For anyone seeing this, check the GC mk2 FB thread, I just made a post regarding a new event and am taking input for specifics!

Sacramento area has Scott / Coopa and people around that area - I'm not sure how frequently they do stuff but there are definitely ppl up there.

For anyone seeing this, check the GC mk2 FB thread, I just made a post regarding a new event and am taking input for specifics!

Neither one of them has showed up to locals in months

Hey I'm new to this forum, how active is the Sacramento area? :)

We've got a a decent sized scene, but there's only a core group of like 6 people who actually reliably sign up at events and keep Guilty going. The skill disparity is pretty big, and we have a lot of low level players to grind with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/

Just starting a second event every month. Flier for the next one should be up soon, for a week or two from now. Both our TOs have busy private lives so stuffs a little inconsistent on timing, but it always happens. Don't worry if Guilty drops off the flier, they'll always run a bracket if 5+ people sign up(this goes for any other game to). They always drop a game off the flier when a bracket doesn't run, poor marvel and ki have dropped on and off more times than I can count.

The only time we didn't have a bracket was the weekend of Northwest Majors, when something like 80% of our scene was out of town. 

Gonna put up a locals thread soon to try and start getting people to come in. At NCR I discovered there's a bunch of valley players that aren't even aware of the local scene.

Neither one of them has showed up to locals in months

We've got a a decent sized scene, but there's only a core group of like 6 people who actually reliably sign up at events and keep Guilty going. The skill disparity is pretty big, and we have a lot of low level players to grind with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/

Just starting a second event every month. Flier for the next one should be up soon, for a week or two from now. Both our TOs have busy private lives so stuffs a little inconsistent on timing, but it always happens. Don't worry if Guilty drops off the flier, they'll always run a bracket if 5+ people sign up(this goes for any other game to). They always drop a game off the flier when a bracket doesn't run, poor marvel and ki have dropped on and off more times than I can count.

The only time we didn't have a bracket was the weekend of Northwest Majors, when something like 80% of our scene was out of town.

Gonna put up a locals thread soon to try and start getting people to come in. At NCR I discovered there's a bunch of valley players that aren't even aware of the local scene.

Shoutouts to us valley players that need to get our ass over there (San Carlos)

Does the bay area really count as part of the central valley? Regardless, anyone's welcome. You've probably seen me get salty at someone online if you play in public lobbies (i cannot handle Venom in netplay, genuinely sorry), but we're really chill in person. Smash got split off to friday weeklies, so we have tons of space now at the venue for casual setups for whatever people would want to bring. Due to the small size of the core group we're lacking offline matchup experience unless you play Venom, Ky, May, I-no or Chipp and would jump on the chance to grind casuals all day.

A couple of us were discussing carpooling down to the bay area event after we stop needing to save that gas money for EVO.

Does the bay area really count as part of the central valley? Regardless, anyone's welcome. You've probably seen me get salty at someone online if you play in public lobbies (i cannot handle Venom in netplay, genuinely sorry), but we're really chill in person. Smash got split off to friday weeklies, so we have tons of space now at the venue for casual setups for whatever people would want to bring. Due to the small size of the core group we're lacking offline matchup experience unless you play Venom, Ky, May, I-no or Chipp and would jump on the chance to grind casuals all day.

A couple of us were discussing carpooling down to the bay area event after we stop needing to save that gas money for EVO.

As someone who's from San Jose, naa the Bay's it's own beast lol. Thanks though!

Yo NorCal, i'm a player from FL and taking a roadtrip to San Francisco. I'll be there 6/15-6/20. Are you guys doing casuals or any meetups? Mostly play Xrd at the moment. 

Yo NorCal, i'm a player from FL and taking a roadtrip to San Francisco. I'll be there 6/15-6/20. Are you guys doing casuals or any meetups? Mostly play Xrd at the moment. 

Nice timing! We have NorcalDogfight (our monthly) happening on that Saturday (20th)! We also hold casuals on Wednesday and Friday in San Carlos!

In case anyone hasn't heard already, we'll be having visitors from Socal tomorrow! Also if anyone was wondering about the schedule, here are the details:

XRD, +R 4pm - 7pm
UNIEL 5:30pm - 8:30pm
EXVSFB 9pm - 10:45pm

XRD will be double elim singles and there will be pools. Place in the top 2 in your pool to advance, there will be 4 pools to make a top 8. XRD will be nonstop, start to finish.

+R will be double elim singles as well and will only be run on one setup until top 8 is reached. Top 8 will be streamed after UNIEL. If we aren't making good time, then stream time for +R may need to be cut to top 4. After +R is finished, then we'll have EXVSFB on stream.

If you are not entering UNIEL, use that time to get food. If you are entering UNIEL, plan to get food before or after.

i don't know if this would be the right place to post this, but i'll give it a shot.

i'm moving over to san jose sometime between the 20th (after i come back from EVO) and 27th (when i have to start work) of this month. i'm currently looking for housing somewhere around san jose, preferably in northern region, as that's where i'll be working at (F5 networks, 90 rio robles).

does anyone have or know of anyone that has rent space available around that region? or perhaps someone can give me some advice on where i can start looking or who i can start asking? if you have anything that could help me, lemme know through PM or through here.

thanks for reading.

Of course I find this and post at the worse week possible (EVO week). But I'm in the norcal area and would like to be active with the scene around here. I live in the Fremont area to be more exact. Right now I'm playing CPEX and P4U2.

I just moved out to the Sf bay area, specifically Concord Berkeley area ish looking to get back into the FGC. I was an avid player a couple years back in SoCal, enjoying a lot of WNF down there. I play GG mostly these days since I used to play back in the day but played a lot of USF4 and marvel 3 I dabbled in.

My psn gamer tag is robosol_

I been trying to find the regular venue in the area the ones that stream and maybe some fight nights.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk