Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

The [Newer!!!] NorCal Thread! - BB, GGAC, HnK, FUC, Touhou, and Other Sad Life Games!

i feel like im the only Xrd player in Marin :[ 

(Cuz you are)

When I was living in Santa Rosa, I found some really weird guys to play with when BBCT dropped. I pretty much lost contact with them and I don't even remember how I met them in the first place. 

In that area I played more local SF4 than anything else.

yeah I've been to the local scene in Petaluma they play SF4 and Smash, and sometimes Honzo comes down from Santa Rosa, but no Xrd peeps 

yeah I've been to the local scene in Petaluma they play SF4 and Smash, and sometimes Honzo comes down from Santa Rosa, but no Xrd peeps 

i go to those locals whenever school is in session at sonoma state (classes start aug 25th) and always bring my ps3 with xrd/uniel just in case!

I've been wanting to get to more fighting game meetups for years, and managed to get to the MADE in Oakland a few times.

Learned of Santa Rosa meetups a few years ago, but w/o a car I  need to get there (and especially back).  If work has a breakthrough, I might be able to do all the buses, BART, and taxis needed to make it.  Til then, there online on weekends.  Milpitas is close to Fremont- I should send a Xrd invite if you play... 

i go to those locals whenever school is in session at sonoma state (classes start aug 25th) and always bring my ps3 with xrd/uniel just in case!

are you in the FB group for the Petaluma Why-Me Dojo? I guess Ill post up sometime when I have time to come up 

When is the next NCD? I want to see if I can plan to ACTUALLY go this time. Having responsibilities sucks:( lol

Hey! I'm trying to get back into BlazBlue. Any local players around Sac (preferably in the Citrus Heights/Roseville area)? I also like Xrd. Looking around this thread, it seems like it's mostly limited to CFD and the UC Davis group. 

Hey! I'm trying to get back into BlazBlue. Any local players around Sac (preferably in the Citrus Heights/Roseville area)? I also like Xrd. Looking around this thread, it seems like it's mostly limited to CFD and the UC Davis group. 

Oh hey, a wild Sacramento area anime player appears. I'm more or less displaced right now and unable to play anything, but I count. Most of the people in town play SF4/Marvel/MK mostly and none of them go to here or SRK. I'll send a link to the Facebook group where we all communicate.

I'm new in Davis and I've heard there's a decent fighting game scene around here; are the rumors true? I'm interested in getting in to Xrd and would love it if there were some local players.

There's a few of us in Sac, but we've mostly given up on the Sac scene and just go down to the bay area stuff now. If it's not Street Fighter or MKX no one shows up to events.

I've been wanting to go to a local for a few years, but without a car, have never been able to get to San Carlos.  I once set up a casual at the MADE in downtown Oakland for Skullgirls (two people showed, but hey).  They might be willing to host GG/BB/P4AU if anyone's interested.  Just thought I'd see if anyone else wishes there was a scene (Saturdays?) in San Francisco, Oakland, or another major city.  A link to the MADE:  https://themade.org/

I live in Oakland, just getting into GG - bought +r on steam, then picked up a ps3 for Xrd.  Really liking it, and would like to play with some other people besides my one sparring partner.  Anything or anyone in the area besides MADE?

On 11/6/2015, 6:24:13, slipgater said:

I live in Oakland, just getting into GG - bought +r on steam, then picked up a ps3 for Xrd.  Really liking it, and would like to play with some other people besides my one sparring partner.  Anything or anyone in the area besides MADE?

You're ~15 minutes away from two monthly events, and weekly friday casuals. At the same venue, even!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/4822-november-21-2015-norcal-dogfight-ggxrdunielapexvsfb-belmont-ca/

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10516-nov-7-2015-monthly-california-burst-san-carlos-ca-gg-p4-unib-etc/

12 hours ago, Pomparomp said:

Sucks for me, but weekends I cannot do.  My main game is actually CvS2, I wish I could get out to Dogfight.

On 9/21/2015, 7:43:11, Arvoyea said:

Oh hey, a wild Sacramento area anime player appears. I'm more or less displaced right now and unable to play anything, but I count. Most of the people in town play SF4/Marvel/MK mostly and none of them go to here or SRK. I'll send a link to the Facebook group where we all communicate.

Can I have that link too?

Hey guys, long time no see. Been pretty damned busy for a while but I've got my own place set up in citrus heights. I saw there's a few other players in my area; if you guys are down for games hit me up and we'll make something happen. I'd love to make Dogfight but I lack transportation right now so the 5 hour train ride is a little unrealistic for me. In the meantime I'd be hella down for online matches for XRD on PC (I'm a poor ass fucker, sorry, don't got a ps3/4)

Just moved back to San Francisco after some time away, and I'm looking to find a local group to play with that doesn't require an hour+ train ride to get to.  Is anyone playing in SF/Daly City, maybe Oakland?

4 hours ago, Bakuhatsu said:

Just moved back to San Francisco after some time away, and I'm looking to find a local group to play with that doesn't require an hour+ train ride to get to.  Is anyone playing in SF/Daly City, maybe Oakland?

I think CT lives in the city, not sure who else does. I'm like 20 mins south, not that far off. Most of us mainly congregate at GC in San Carlos now but you could probably catch a ride with CT?

On 6/8/2016 at 2:47 PM, Bakuhatsu said:

I'm in the Berkeley /  El Cerrito Area now.. I'm surprised there's so few players here. Been itching to play fighting games but haven't found any groups..