Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

MD / NoVA Thread: High Precision Fighting

So down to play reload again. Fresh start with new toys, although burst shield I don't think I like but I felt that was about slashback too. I however didn't see many sb's when ac dropped in comparison to all this burst shield I'm seeing but maybe we can chalk that up to sb making people used to the similar mechanic in the first place.

Looks like I'll be playing Venom or Millia until Jam drops though. Other than that I'm super pumped to have a chance to travel for GG again. Let's make MD/VA that scary region again for GG!

So... I bit the bullet early and bought my plane ticket and registered for ufgt x. I know Vr was planning on going but was anyone else?

Also Xanadu, are we doing a reload side tourney????

Don't start this Guilty Gear Generations bullshit again please.

Gadam once was one time too many. Destin the Gallant doesn't even exist anymore.

That's not even what this is; it's because the new game is closer to Reload than GGAC and we want to be ready for it.

Biggest reason to play not AC is because the other ports are the correct speed.

Xanadu tournament will be ACR. If someone wants to setup #R, that's cool, but maybe do it away from the ACR setups? I don't want to send mixed messages.

CEO or EVO, guys? Pick one.

So before I forget.

You tend to run forward, then press a button, alot.

And I don't mean you run forward and press a button. I mean you run forward a set distance and then press a button. And that's how I know I can likely super. Like, you run forward, enter this engagement zone that you have in your mind, then proceed with action. And it feels a lot of the time your action is decided before this engagement zone, instead of being reevaluated at the engagement zone.

Do you feel like you have this zone? Too me it seems like you're too afraid of my 5H, and I don't think you should be. Should we run some tests, see how you are with reaction blocking a 5H? Like, I'll just hold forward and keep on walking, and I'll react block your f.S, which is faster than my 5H.

also you don't tech enough.

Like sometimes flying across the screen with no way for me to really chase, but you still take the knockdown and I get a mixup, instead of just neutral tech

great

now I gotta re-learn D-D-D-DUSTLOOP

I'm not gonna miss Sidewinder combos, I hardly use them anymore in ACPR

fafnir isn't special-cancellable in xrd?

Evo. CEO weekend is the same as OC Car Show, and I'm definitely going to that.

There's also much more to do in Vegas vs Florida.

I don't remember Fafnir being special cancelable until it became a Forcebreak

it only became special-cancelable in ACPR

Nah Fafnir no longer cancel-able into, like the old one. But it has more utility since you can combo after it on normal ground or air hit near corner, causes ground roll/slide. on CH it has them tumbling across the floor for a hilariously long time.

I'm affiliated with and will be at CEO and EVO. There are pros to both, I doubt you could go wrong with either - largely because whatever you pick, I'll be there

Pote got tackle loops just like I guessed. Best version of Potemkin yet? Could be.

Any games tomorrow Pat?

My place or Xanadu?