Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

MD / NoVA Thread: High Precision Fighting

next magfest I should cosplay as sol blackguy

Sol_ex_hs.gif

gotta get mah upper bod and steroid dosage up though

and whenever I win a round with tyrant rave I gotta punch a nigga in the chest

XrdR's demo/pre-order is 4/5. Next Xanadu Monthly is 4/16. Planing to use PS4 and the Demo for the tournament. Is there anyone in here that needs help playing on PS4??

That's cool.  Who in DMV gonna be using new characters?  I know 4r5 and angryblack gonna use johnny

Get ready for the Johnny army.

I'm going to be back to learning all characters, if only to get the VS-Johnny matchup knowledge.

I think we are going to need a rule for casuals: For Johnny mains, the first match of the set will be Johnny vs Johnny, then loser has to play the remaining set as not-Johnny.

I should invest in a PS4 stick if we're doing GGXRD tourneys on PS4 from now on. Still getting the game for PS3 though

Sucks that almost none of the BB regulars came out to Xanadu for BB this month. What is this "Waifu Wars" I'm hearing about though? #WhensCentralFiction

Is Pokken Tournament gonna be the next big thing? Dunno about getting the game but I'm definitely getting that Pokken Fightpad, that shit looks so fucking sexy. 

You can use PS3 sticks with PS4 Revelator. Assuming you aren't using anything too exotic.

Gosh darn it, I'm not gonna read through about 300 pages just to see if there are more events other than the ones posted in the very first post on the very first page of this thread. Could you please put all of the links together into one post please?

Got facebook? You can join the two, or just one, of the groups to stay up to date.

Xanadu is still every Thursday night, for fighting games. The next Xanadu monthly is the 28th, May.

The Cave is a new place, they do fight games on Tuesdays and Fridays, 

10621 Braddock Road - Suite B
Fairfax, VA 22032

A few places have ended or have suspended. And a few other new places have popped up. I think CoinUp and CFAS are done. There's a bit too much stuff going on for me to keep track of but the ones I care about.

"Got facebook? You can join the two, or just one, of the groups to stay up to date."

I don't, but I may get one in the future, depends on my parents.

"Xanadu is still every Thursday night, for fighting games. The next Xanadu monthly is the 28th, May.

Fairfax, VA 22032"

Those are too far away, me being in high school and such.

Yeah, perhaps I should've just responded to one thread and not this one, because I was just like "VA FGC? PogChamp Gimme! Gimme! Rero Rero Rero."

I'm in that part of VA that no one cares about. XD

Oh you in SoVA? There's a large scene down there. here's their facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCUFightClub/ 

here's the twitter of the guy that runs a lot of their tournaments https://twitter.com/f_swipes

I dunno what people's dustloop names are, or if they even use dustloop anymore. shrug shrug

Hey guys I'm moving to DC soon for college. Are there any weeklies/monthlies/tournaments in DC proper or are they all in Virginia and Maryland?

12 hours ago, Qispichiq said:

Hey guys I'm moving to DC soon for college. Are there any weeklies/monthlies/tournaments in DC proper or are they all in Virginia and Maryland?

I don't think anything happens in DC.

something happens in DC, let me see if I can find it. I dunno how they are with GG. I've never been

On 5/16/2016 at 8:51 PM, 4r5 said:

Oh you in SoVA? There's a large scene down there. here's their facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCUFightClub/ 

here's the twitter of the guy that runs a lot of their tournaments https://twitter.com/f_swipes

I dunno what people's dustloop names are, or if they even use dustloop anymore. shrug shrug

The twitter didn't work :<

I'm NoVa, but willing to go to SoVA if I need to. Do I really need to make a facebook just to play fighting games with people lol.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:14 PM, UnprecedentedStudios said:

"Got facebook? You can join the two, or just one, of the groups to stay up to date."

I don't, but I may get one in the future, depends on my parents.

"Xanadu is still every Thursday night, for fighting games. The next Xanadu monthly is the 28th, May.

Fairfax, VA 22032"

Those are too far away, me being in high school and such.

Yeah, perhaps I should've just responded to one thread and not this one, because I was just like "VA FGC? PogChamp Gimme! Gimme! Rero Rero Rero."

I'm in that part of VA that no one cares about. XD

Hey I'm pretty close to fairfax, is this info still valid? I'm looking to get connected I might drop by. I'm also in Nova/DC and tryna find community.

We don't use Dustloop much anymore but welcome to the MD/VA community.  The cave is still active.  I know people are there playing fighting games (mainly BB right now when it comes to airdashers) every Tuesday and people play at Xanadu on Thursdays.

On 10/25/2016 at 0:41 PM, GoBL1N said:

Do I really need to make a facebook just to play fighting games with people lol.

Not if I've got anything to do about it!

I really should be working that angle more. Let's see if I can crap it out by the end of the weekend or next week.

On 10/26/2016 at 7:58 PM, Coma said:

We don't use Dustloop much anymore but welcome to the MD/VA community.  The cave is still active.  I know people are there playing fighting games (mainly BB right now when it comes to airdashers) every Tuesday and people play at Xanadu on Thursdays.

Excellent, I really need to swing by!

On 10/28/2016 at 5:50 PM, 4r5 said:

Not if I've got anything to do about it!

I really should be working that angle more. Let's see if I can crap it out by the end of the weekend or next week.

Yes please, I wanna join up and play with people

On 10/26/2016 at 7:58 PM, Coma said:

Are people not throwing down on the weekends? Its much harder for me to get out there on a weekday but I can try.

There are monthlies on the weekends (the next one for Xanadu is Nov 19th).  As for as weekly sessions, they are on the weekdays.