Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superking™

West Coast Canada IV: "Ah yes, 'Guilty Gear' - we have already dismissed that game!"

awesome quote regarding this anime called C that I've watched like 1 episode of:

So Japanese economics professors in Tokyo U said, "We're obligated to teach Keynesian and REAL economics, but some students have this crazy idea that Keynes was right. We need to teach them that they're wrong, but lecture just isn't cutting it. We need a new medium for teaching. I know, anime!"

And so they got a producer to make an anime where Keynes (Mikuni) tries to save Japan by ruining its future, and the real economists (Yoga) stop him. They even throw in an extreme example of hyperinflation.

But ultimately, the real economists beat Keynes and he's never heard from again.

So the last boss of Radiant Historia is a slow, downward spiral for my party.

I look up an FAQ, and the guy says he hit the final boss with his party members at level 52, and using one of the weaker party members, was able to do it.

My main character is level 49. My other dudes range from level 40 to level 48.

dammit

So it turns out that the lousy party member is actually one of the best choices for the final boss once he gets some levels, because he gets a spell that dispels all status effects on all party members.

Of course, that didn't help when one time the boss put my entire party to sleep, then dicked around for 10 turns draining mana and trying to turn them into stone, until it eventually did turn them all to stone and I game over'd.

Now to get all the sidequests.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

all the gamestops close to me got ONE copy of EDF:IA and they've already been reserved by other customers

I come bearing request :D

We're launching this event in a couple of days - we found a bunch of restaurants around Vancouver

that are both far tastier and cheaper than chain stores, and we're promoting to people our age via smartphones to go out and explore what's out there in our city.

Everyone who participates gets chances to win $25-100 gift cards, so if you're going out for food anyways may as well win free stuff, right?

Anyways, we're launching in two days and trying to get a bunch of likes on facebook before that so that it doesn't look too sketchy when people click on it.

If you could like the page via facebook I'd be super appreciative, and if you can share to your wall on top of that it'd be absolutely amazing.

obrigado =)

JUST MARRIED (two weeks ago)

i took the weekend off to just relax, but my family was in town until this past Saturday, and these past two weeks were really hectic. now my schedule is finally back to normal, and it kinda feels good -- you can only do so much sightseeing before it gets a bit tiring, i guess.

but yeah, the wedding went off without a hitch, and i guess if people want to, i'll put up pictures or something. might take some time, though, because we got LOTS of pictures from the photographer, and we also recorded the ceremony & reception, so i'll have to go through that and edit it.

stealth wedding! congrats stefan!! pictures would be great!

haha every single copy of edf gone. who woulda thunk

looo facebook blocked at work

True ending in Radiant Historia gotten last night.

It's pretty hilarious what one of the bad endings you can get right near the start of the game is.... it's also pretty hilarious what one of the bad endings you can get nearer the end of the game is.

thanks everyone!

stealth wedding!

i don't think you meant anything by this, but nonetheless it worries me because perhaps it means that I didn't clearly announce when the wedding was to happen? i remember making a post about the wedding getting postponed, with a high likelihood to June 18th, but if i didn't post any follow-up to that, then i'm really really sorry! m(_ _)m

on a side note: after the reception, while we were seeing off the guests and milling about in the event hall's lobby area, my wife and i were given a "piece" (?) of calligraphy from a friend of the event hall's manager, who apparently just happened to drop by to talk with the manager, and saw us. (he also just happened to be a decent calligrapher, too lol.) i'll post a picture later, but it says:

which is read "sessa takuma"; it's a 4-character compound word (四字熟語) that means "learning/cultivation through diligence/diligent application (of oneself)", roughly speaking.

... so yeah, random calligraphy on my wedding day. (the ink looked like it was still a bit wet when we got it, too, which made us wonder if he was just carrying a blank board and a brush + ink in his back pocket or something lol.)

oh and speaking of other unexpected gifts, we also got a nice paper bag from the shrine we had the wedding at, with our own little "shrine" for use at home, plus a few other things. kinda neat, i didn't realize we'd be getting anything from them, but more personally speaking, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with a shrine in our apartment. it's like "the kami is watching yooooouuuuuu", and it might be kinda creepy, idk.

oh SHIT KFC COUPON in my face(more like in my door step).

20 pcs family special 37.99 includes 20 pcs of chicken, x-large fries, large gravy, 2 large salads and 2L pepsi. OR

15 pcs family specail 29.99 for 15 chicken, large fries, medium gravy, 2 medium salads and 2L pepsi.

yeah.. actually fuck this.

oh SHIT KFC COUPON in my face(more like in my door step).

20 pcs family special 37.99 includes 20 pcs of chicken, x-large fries, large gravy, 2 large salads and 2L pepsi. OR

15 pcs family specail 29.99 for 15 chicken, large fries, medium gravy, 2 medium salads and 2L pepsi.

yeah.. actually fuck this.

feeds : two in mikes apartment

boss

haha cool mini-shrine in your apartment. you did mention that the wedding was to be postponed to june but I don't remember you having given a final confirmation as to the exact date - or maybe I just missed the post? in either case, pictures please!

such KFC. and lol @ supermanning it on a bike.