Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superking™

West Coast Canada IV: "Ah yes, 'Guilty Gear' - we have already dismissed that game!"

not really interested in any of the games but it is for charity; as that's where all proceeds go, what actually are the entry fees?

wu: you fucking would

yuan: MEDIAN XL let's do it

One of the problems with EDF IA is that they had to dial down a bunch of the effects in order to make the game playable online. In EDF 2017, the explosions were gigantic, corpses lasted for way too long (so that you could punt them around with your guns), and there were generally way too many particles around at once.

The real problem for me is that the sound effects in EDF IA seems really weak. I do remember the later guns in EDF series always sounding cooler than the earlier ones, but these early ones just sound TOO WEAK. Like the shotguns are just a poof sound, and the rocket launchers feel like they are the tiny explosives of the cluster bombs in EDF 2017.

OTOH the first time you shoot down a flier and its flaming corpse swoops down at you, you will be going EDF! EDF! as usual

not really interested in any of the games but it is for charity; as that's where all proceeds go, what actually are the entry fees?

EDIT:

At door: $15 venue $10 per game

Prereg(e-mail NOW): $10 venue, $5 per game

I just realized that the website has everthing but the fees, our webdesigner is a derp. (The facebook has them though). e-mail in now and you can still make the pre-reg pricing.

Both the entry and the per game fees are getting donated, because that's what SFU and the Prize donators wanted, this whole thing took way too long to organize because we've been working with SFU. We've actually been planning since the day of the tsunami but we got slowed down by the application system at SFU, and convincing them to let us use equipment and the mezzenine for free (they usually would have charged us a steep rental fee). We also got a lot of help from Lancouver and Canadian Joysticks.

Yeah, the fees are steep because they demanded we charge at the door and per game so we could at least raise the value of the prizes. From Marvel preregs alone we've broken even.

When will CS2 be taking place? I can't seem to find it on the schedule. I might end up going if it's at a convenient time.

Too bad it's on the 360... But I can play alright on it, so it should still be fine.

When will CS2 be taking place? I can't seem to find it on the schedule. I might end up going if it's at a convenient time.

Too bad it's on the 360... But I can play alright on it, so it should still be fine.

We only got 4 people indicating they were coming for CS2, so we're running casuals all day long both days rather than an event, it'll be on 360, we have all the DLC chars. Paying the venue fee will get you in for all the side games all day both days, and if you e-mail in NOW you can still get the $10 pre-reg price. I know for sure that there will be at least one person worth playing, since Blazeblue Guy is coming and he's pretty good.

Hmm... Alright. I'm not into pre-registering lol, but I don't mind helping a good cause. I'll try my best to make it out to at least one of the days! :)

IDK who that person is, but I love the opportunity to play different people offline.

Hmm... Alright. I'm not into pre-registering lol, but I don't mind helping a good cause. I'll try my best to make it out to at least one of the days! :)

IDK who that person is, but I love the opportunity to play different people offline.

all you gotta do is E-mail in and say what you want to play

"Pre-registering for Casuals"

When you get there we'll ask for your pre-reg number; we're closing it at 8AM, but that may also be when you get your number because Eric needs to sleep sometime (I don't).

EDIT: you only get a placement number for event games, for casuals you just tell us at the door.

=/ Ah, okay. It's a shame I live so far away, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to come "today" with such short notice, let alone tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best, though. We'll see, I guess.

So this is really, really unexpected.. but I'm going to be coming to Canada Cup in November!

Get ready Canada :eng101:

Also, Canada is a confusing entity to me, so if this is the wrong Canada thread or something.. my sincerest apologies

ray: you can log onto my bnet to grab my copy. feel free to use my cdkey since I don't plan on playing on closed realm anyway, but you should check out the median XL mod that we're trying out, which is all sorts of awesome. plugy and multires are really useful too, but they won't work if you plan on playing on closed. diabro it up

dacid: canada cup is in calgary but iirc there is no calgary thread? this isn't really the 'right' canada thread, but there might not be a 'right' one either. maybe on SRK? despite the thread title, this is pretty much exclusively vancouver, bc. that being said, if you ever plan to stop by here, you know where to find us

coren: I'm busy today through the afternoon but might stop by tomorrow for casuals or something. how many setups are there going to be? will there be room for a ps2?

ray: you can log onto my bnet to grab my copy. feel free to use my cdkey since I don't plan on playing on closed realm anyway, but you should check out the median XL mod that we're trying out, which is all sorts of awesome. plugy and multires are really useful too, but they won't work if you plan on playing on closed. diabro it up

dacid: canada cup is in calgary but iirc there is no calgary thread? this isn't really the 'right' canada thread, but there might not be a 'right' one either. maybe on SRK? despite the thread title, this is pretty much exclusively vancouver, bc. that being said, if you ever plan to stop by here, you know where to find us

coren: I'm busy today through the afternoon but might stop by tomorrow for casuals or something. how many setups are there going to be? will there be room for a ps2?

I don't actually remember the number of setups off the top of my head, but there will be enough for a ps2, if we don't already have one setup. Bring legit games or SFU will get ad at you.

Ahhhhh. I seeeeee. :sweatdrop:

I hope that the EVO brackets pit Kayo Police against Ricky Ortiz.

WHO IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL?

Also I wonder if anybody will try to run a jobber/Ammy/Shuma anti-Phoenix team.

yo, here's some pics of my new place! while I was setting up my couches at first, I subconsciously arranged them Mike's apartment style... I eventually switched it up to look like this.

http://i.imgur.com/kza1Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ir1Yo.jpg

also in recent news, I finally got my arcade machine up and running... I think I picked a pretty sick game to start off with...

http://i.imgur.com/xx5mE.jpg

I didn't like the HAPP bat stick and concave buttons... I wanted to change everything to the sanwa sticks and buttons.

http://i.imgur.com/rXKwM.jpg

Swapping everything wasn't as difficult as I thought, but the whole process ended up taking a month... since Canada post decided to strike/lock-out. But it's all done now!

http://i.imgur.com/5mOb9.jpg

It took me quite a while to figure out how to stuff Guilty Gear into the cab (there's the sega naomi console, extra power supply, I/O board, CD player, and a crap ton of wires)-- but now I am a proud owner of a Guilty Gear AC arcade cab (maybe the ONLY GG AC cab in BC...?). Just about nobody plays it. I get enough money to pay off its electrical bill, plus my weekly laundry, haha.

wowowowow awesome stuff, Long!

but there's one thing about the cab I don't like... it doesn't have UBC dust buttons!

what are UBC dust buttons?

i'm just going through pictures and i will make a smaller "dustloop" batch, because i'm sure you guys don't need to see the endless pictures of me and my wife with all of the guests.