Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reioumu

Melty Blood

I'm the one that provded that translation, by the way.

I won't call it hopeless, but the odds of PS3/Xbox 360 releases are very unlikely at this point, and it's apparent that the SCE approval issue is just a small part of other obstacles Ecole faces as a company. The most important thing to take note is that they just don't think the development cost will be worth it. You need to keep in mind that Ecole has never made a game for current-gen consoles. The process will start from them buying dev kits then try to wrap their heads around how to actually program for them - both of which can be very costly for a small company that's known to be not technically apt.

Hey guys, I was looking at this over the last few days and am considering importing the pc version. (Act Cadenza ver B i believe?) And I want to know do i just install it or do i need to mess with my settings such as set it to Japanese unicode or something? And if so, what do i need to do to get it running?

Hey guys, I was looking at this over the last few days and am considering importing the pc version. (Act Cadenza ver B i believe?) And I want to know do i just install it or do i need to mess with my settings such as set it to Japanese unicode or something? And if so, what do i need to do to get it running?

Act cadenza is outdated, I'd say try to import actress again for ps2 instead.

Just got into this game a day or two ago, well Act Cadenza Ver B. on the PC...lot of fun actually. But holy jeez do people recover fast from being hit (save for falling)

The combo system is weirrrrddddd

MB has very little hitstop, but things like air counter-hits are untechable until you hit the ground.

Combos themselves are not difficulty in MB, rather having the reactions to turn any random hit you get into some sort of optimal combo is what most of the game is focused on.

There are 3 levels of CH, depending on the move, you get more or less hitstun. Stuff like Mech's xbow or Hisui's ex-stuff fu stuns for ages.

CHs in MBAACC are ridiculous though.

There are only two levels of CH as far as I know. Getting CH on multihit moves add up the CH stun time.

In CC, The stun system feels like everything is a CH2 (long counterhit stun on special moves) to replace the level-1 'armor' system from vanilla MBAA to PS2 MBAA.

Combo system in general MB is quite intuitive. You can pretty much cancel anything into everything, that is, cancel from normals to any other 'level' normal which is termed reverse beat in MB. This is useful for some character's BnB, random hitconfirms, and especially useful in recovering from blockstrings. The idea is that you cancel your heavy attack into a light attack to shorten the recoveries. You'll be left with less disadvantage, but if you mix up where and when you put in reverse beats (most characters in MB have looong cancel windows on their normals) and specials, they'll have to think twice in poking/jumping out of blockstrings. Think of it like BB Tsubaki's drive canceling.

MB's air game gives out the highest risk and reward. You land a CH in the air, the opponent cannot tech until they touch the ground and you can do anything to them during that state. In a reverse situation, you'll be eating a big combo.

It's important to note that Full Moon doesn't have access to Reverse Beating, or that loose cancelling system. Instead they get extremely +frame normals.

I wouldn't say extremely +frame normals at all. Generally most normals sit around around +0. Most F-Moons have +frame 5/2A but other than that their B and C attacks are generally around +0, if not negative.

Despite not having access to reverse beating, they do have the unique ability to Initiative Heat in MAX mode (roman/rapid cancel) any EX cancelable move. This gives them a strong pressure/mixup option when they have the meter (for instance F-Miyako can IH 236B before it even hits, putting her in the air for a very quick overhead/potential crossup)

Extremely +frames normals was an exaggeration, but having those +frames on the As (Where it for the most part counts as far as tick setups goes) really opens up some interesting blockstrings for them

uhhh i need help. ive just discovered melty blood at evo this year ive always wanted to play it. i JUST found out about this site, and ive been searching all around( before coming here) and ive found many downloads and versions, but i dont no what im looking for and im scared to download the wrong thing. ive never really used utorrent either till someone told me that i would need it for mmelty blood. ive download everything from the 1st page, but im still cant get it to work, and honeslty im confused. Is there any thing else besides what i see on the 1st page that i need to get the game and play it online? could some one give a like a small guide to getting setup plz?

Setup -

1) Purchase a NAOMI with GD-ROM

2) Unspaghetti the cabling and get it set up.

3) Insert the Melty Blood disc into the GD-ROM drive per the instructions that came with your Melty Blood GD-ROM and IC.

4) Insert the IC into the DIMM board and ensure the DIMM board is inserted and properly secured.

5) Turn it on.

oh, sorry.

would it be against the rules for someone to give me directions for setup?

Actress Again came out for PS2. You can get a JP PS2 (the game is region locked, so only a JP PS2 will play it) and then buy the JP version of the game.