Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reioumu

Melty Blood

PS3, 360, PC, so long as I can get back into this game, I'll be happy. Gonna be repping that Arcueid something fierce!

It will probably just be a PC release. A PC release actually hurts the scene more, as people aren't willing to bring laptop/pc set ups for tournaments. Oh well..~

uhh actually i think bringing laptops is easier... its just that there is the issue of running it on a pc which is unacceptable for evo and tournaments as everyone's pc is different and may have problems so there could be like lag issues, usb polling rates...

console is uniform hardware and its also easier to stream/record because recording/streaming would take away from cpu resources etc...

Um, i kind of want to get into the Melty Blood scene. I am typically more of a patiently rushdown type of player ( if that makes any sense to any of you) any characters here that fit the bill? This game looks fun and interesting to me.

Um, i kind of want to get into the Melty Blood scene. I am typically more of a patiently rushdown type of player ( if that makes any sense to any of you) any characters here that fit the bill? This game looks fun and interesting to me.

That's a contradiction that will get you murdered. Kouma is a pretty aggressive character and he has to play it patiently. On the other hand, you can't give a fuck as Kouma. If you let up for any reason other than you got disrespected and now the pressure's on you, you're not playing Kouma effectively.

Probably the best thing to do is look through the entries in the wiki at Melty Bread and look for a character that sounds interesting. For a place to start, all three of the Shikis (Tohno, Nanaya, and Ryougi) are fairly straight forward rushdown characters with decent to strong neutral.

For more, you should check out the site Melty Bread, it's Melty Blood's equivalent of Dustloop. Just be warned: The forums aren't very active right now; both due to Melty Blood's age and next installment hype for Melty Blood Current Code, which is supposed to come out at the end of the year. People should still be willing to respond and help if you ask a question, but don't expect anything to happen until you ask.

Yes it is very much possible IMO.

Probably the best thing to do is look through the entries in the wiki at Melty Bread and look for a character that sounds interesting. For a place to start, all three of the Shikis (Tohno, Nanaya, and Ryougi) are fairly straight forward rushdown characters with decent to strong neutral.

For more, you should check out the site Melty Bread, it's Melty Blood's equivalent of Dustloop. Just be warned: The forums aren't very active right now; both due to Melty Blood's age and next installment hype for Melty Blood Current Code, which is supposed to come out at the end of the year. People should still be willing to respond and help if you ask a question, but don't expect anything to happen until you ask.

I'm also going to be trying out MB for the first time. Is Vermillion an execution heavy character or can I play a relatively basic mixup-based rushdown with her?

C-Vermillion does have some hard execution stuff, but i've gotten away with the basics before though

The general consensus seems to be that ~90% of the cast is fairly easy execution for pick-up-and-play, and everyone has some more execution heavy stuff for if you want to go more in depth with the character. With VAkiha, you get some strong pressure, good mix up and movement with her 2 air dashes, and strong oki, so she supports a rushdown style.

You can play basic good mixup with just about every V.Akiha moon. Hard knockdown into whatever she feels. Her difficult essential is 'Momiji loop'. All moon styles have a variation of it, but basically it's a loop linking 623B into a normal (moon-dependent). A complete loop gives big damage and hard knockdown. From there they are at V.Akiha's mercy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRwRZ93lKA (I know this is MBAC but it's here to show the loop.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaL_h4A-tl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxOWDunmptA#t=104s

I just bought this i was wondering how do i get it to run om my laptop

Bought what? Which version?

A PC port without a keyboard config? Brilliant!

It lags a bit for me, so I'll have to wait for my new graphics card before playing it online.

the netcode is pretty bad.....instead of delayed input it'll actually drop your frame rate and often the screen will just freeze for like half a second