Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

King of Fighters XIII

SNK should forget about u crappy ameRRikans and release all its KOF13 copies at Mexico.

the xiii cab here gets played more than sf4ae and t6br combined. there's clearly some interest in kof.

At least they'll sell something :v:

you mean the one copy they'll sell once the game gets bootlegged and sold for half price?

Is there a wiki anywhere for XIII, or do you just have to go through videos and connect the dots?

Is there a wiki anywhere for XIII, or do you just have to go through videos and connect the dots?

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_XIII

Team of K', Raiden, and Shen incoming.

Yeah, replace Shen with Liz, Kyo, or Kula. They are more solid than him. Shen has great offense but no defensive abilities at all really. Aside, from his Tamaken Deflect which reflect projectiles and can be canceled.

Also, I don't think you realize how limited Raiden is when he has charge the dropkicks. When you charge the B Super Dropkick you temporarily lose the use of st./cr./j.B, Evasive rolls/Safe Rolls/GCAB and the ability to activate Hyperdive (BC) mode which is a real hinderance for the time being especially when going for the level 4 dropkick, however when you charge the D Super Dropkick the handicap isn't as bad as you only lose the ability to st./cr./j.D and CD's.

The only dropkicks worth doing are Lv3/4. Raiden has a lot of trouble with rushdown characters too. They can really become a problem while he's charging dropkicks. Also, characters with counters (Liz/Chin) have proven to be fairly useful. Lastly, Ash has a DM that seals ALL special/command moves and Special/Drive Meter for 10sec. During this time, the seal prevents the character from uses anything but normals and they can't gain any meter.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_XIII

Yeah, replace Shen with Liz, Kyo, or Kula. They are more solid than him. Shen has great offense but no defensive abilities at all really. Aside, from his Tamaken Deflect which reflect projectiles and can be canceled.

Also, I don't think you realize how limited Raiden is when he has charge the dropkicks. When you charge the B Super Dropkick you temporarily lose the use of st./cr./j.B, Evasive rolls/Safe Rolls/GCAB and the ability to activate Hyperdive (BC) mode which is a real hinderance for the time being especially when going for the level 4 dropkick, however when you charge the D Super Dropkick the handicap isn't as bad as you only lose the ability to st./cr./j.D and CD's.

The only dropkicks worth doing are Lv3/4. Raiden has a lot of trouble with rushdown characters too. They can really become a problem while he's charging dropkicks. Also, characters with counters (Liz/Chin) have proven to be fairly useful. Lastly, Ash has a DM that seals ALL special/command moves and Special/Drive Meter for 10sec. During this time, the seal prevents the character from uses anything but normals and they can't gain any meter.

I believe you are speaking of his Ash's Germinal DM, which requires you to use Sans Culotte first meaning people might see that coming.It's not that useful seeing as you have to prep for it. I only used that to troll Magaki in KOFXI. :)

better than shen? i would disagree. but, i would say that they're all A tier. in fact, this game has a pretty huge A tier, come to think of it; andy, shen, kyo, iori, takuma, liz, kula, maybe robert? maybe even vice at this point. the B tier is pretty massive, too.

yep. those twenty seconds where raiden doesn't use any kick buttons are your chance to rtsd.

The announcement still kind of baffles me though. 'We didn't want to compete with AE so let's announce our game a week after AE has been announced and everyone is hype and excited about it still'. Seems kind of odd, but idk.

but this isn't an announcement. this is in fact, about the closest to the opposite of an announcement as you can get. someone at snkp told a player that they were planning a console release, and that player came forward with it. for all we know, that info could be months old already and they could have changed their plans.

but this isn't an announcement. this is in fact, about the closest to the opposite of an announcement as you can get. someone at snkp told a player that they were planning a console release, and that player came forward with it. for all we know, that info could be months old already and they could have changed their plans.

oh, wasn't aware of that part. guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too high until there's something official then

I believe you are speaking of his Ash's Germinal DM, which requires you to use Sans Culotte first meaning people might see that coming.It's not that useful seeing as you have to prep for it. I only used that to troll Magaki in KOFXI. :)

Um, I never said to do Germinal stand-alone. You can combo into it from Sans-Culotte just like in KOFXI. Unlike XI though, Sans-Culotte works much better as an anti-air in XIII making it more useful.

better than shen? i would disagree. but, i would say that they're all A tier. in fact, this game has a pretty huge A tier, come to think of it; andy, shen, kyo, iori, takuma, liz, kula, maybe robert? maybe even vice at this point. the B tier is pretty massive, too.

Yes, I would definitely say that Elisabeth is better than Shen. No doubt. She has counters, step forward/backward specials for either frame traps or bait, a great DP, good hit confirms into super, command grab. Her movelist is overkill now in many ways. Shen is still very good though.

yep. those twenty seconds where raiden doesn't use any kick buttons are your chance to rtsd.

Not sure if this a sarcasm or not but I see him charging as a opportunity to take advantage of him not being able to escape many things. That's not to say Raiden still isn't a threat while charging.

Yes, I would definitely say that Elisabeth is better than Shen. No doubt. She has counters, step forward/backward specials for either frame traps or bait, a great DP, good hit confirms into super, command grab. Her movelist is overkill now in many ways. Shen is still very good though.

we can sit here and theory fight all day, but i don't see the point, really. the distinction between shen and elisabeth may very well be the distinction between A and A+ tier. they're both godlike, they just have different strengths and weaknesses. i personally see shen winning a lot more as an anchor than elisabeth, but i see more elisabeth ocv's.

Not sure if this a sarcasm or not but I see him charging as a opportunity to take advantage of him not being able to escape many things. That's not to say Raiden still isn't a threat while charging.

no sarcasm here brah, that's how you gotta deal with raiden.

SNK should forget about u crappy ameRRikans and release all its KOF13 copies at Mexico.

At least they'll sell something :v:

very true, kof in mexico is like a religion or like paying daily taxes.(from what i heard)

very true, kof in mexico is like a religion or like paying daily taxes.(from what i heard)

My cousins in mexico fucking love that shit. Every time I go visit I'm like "wanna play some guilty gear or sf?" and all i get is "Is that like KOF? No? Fuck that, let's play KOF!"

Um, I never said to do Germinal stand-alone. You can combo into it from Sans-Culotte just like in KOFXI. Unlike XI though, Sans-Culotte works much better as an anti-air in XIII making it more useful.

Yeah in pro XIII gameplay I see Sans Culotte used quite alot as a anti air. It's just that in XI the hitbox was kinda small and difficult to combo with so I never used it much. Then again I had no one to play it with.

just passin by

with the news of KOF13 gona be released on console, and me suddenly watching kof13 vids xD i gota ask if GG/BB is to dustloop then KOF13 is to which site?

also i've been hearing about the "4 point" team system on kof13, is this rule implemented everywhere? Jap, US etc.

>>KOF13 is to which site

Orochinagi or Cyberfanatix

CX is flooded with mexicans, south americans and koreans so you can be sure they'll know what they talk about (unlike here) :kitty:

Dreamcancel is a good site too.

The 4 point/ratio system is just something that certain scenes do to encourage using more of the cast. Absolutely case-by-case.

wat bout Orochinagi ? xD so im also guessing they have things DL also has like frame data and some Guide to Char X threads? ayt thanks xD

ayt thanks for the insight! xD can't wait for the console release ( i do hope its comin out )

Orochinagi is only good for news. Their forums are dead as fuck now.

I think the last time that place got some activity was when Dark Geese was posting a lot of vids, feedback and shit... but I think he got banned there or something :v: (or maybe he got bored? dunno).

ohhhh, at least some are keeping it alive, i heard lots and lots play KOF in hongkong and singapore.

so i wana know, wat are people's (here in DLoop's) insights about the 4 point team system?

Ratio tournaments force a limited team choice due to the points. Now one side of the argument says that this forces the player to get good with character they might not normally play. This entails that the better players skill with these lower-tier characters will win the end. The other side of the argument is that if a player is good enough, they should be able to beat any character. So there is no need to use ratio in the first place.

Ratio Tournaments are fine with me. Character variety is good. But personally, I don't think the top-tier characters are so high in XIII that they are almost impossible to beat. I still believe if you are good enough, you can beat K'/Raiden/Elisabeth etc. without having to pick one or more of those characters for your own team just to compete.

Thats so very true... Everytime I go to mexico KOF is what they play everyday nonstop...

so i wana know, wat are people's (here in DLoop's) insights about the 4 point team system?

lame if you ask me, everyone is free to play the chars that they like, every game has its top tiers, but not for that reason would you start on puting random rules to limit the top tier chars on the team of the players, its just as scrubby as banning throws, to much fireballs and other stuff, i know that its done with the intention on make more wide the character selection on the tournaments but its simply wrong

people like to joke how scrubby is the smash community for making up rules in order to make their game more competitive, this ratio crap is just like that, something that goes againts all the play to win mentallity

i really don't see a problem with ratios. it's just there to promote roster diversity and from what i've heard, it's optional at most arcades.

ok , nice points, so basically from the vids i see, it's not used in Japan? or seldom used?

i do agree on "it can be as stupid as banning throws fireballs etc" . so maybe "IF" our community will host side events for KOF then maybe default rules and any char goes will be used. with the "4 point system" used for certain events for fun or experiment i guess.

thanks for ur insights! =)

Thats so very true... Everytime I go to mexico KOF is what they play everyday nonstop...

anybody know the reason why there are so many snk/kof cabs in mexico to begin with?

Neogeo PCBs being cheaper than other brands and also their being easy to bootleg.