Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice Cube

[CS1] Jin Combo Thread (and a quick guide on mix-up)

low air throw > 6C > whatever combo

if you're really low to the ground, i think you can run up 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C

i vaguely remember seeing air throw > air dash > j.2C > j.C > blah blah blah in a video once, but i can't find it anymore.

Ice Cube: i still haven't had much time to test stuff, but i'll take your word for it

Anyone ever tried to do this before:

(corner) IAD j.A (whiff), j.B (whiff), land 2B

Looks good. j.B startup is telegraphed a lot so this might catch some people off-guard. And the j.B can actually hit for an overhead if timed correctly so it seems like a good mix-up on theory. It's kinda unsafe though, unless after a blocked ground 236D.

Oh, and a few air throw combos have been added

2C(FC) > 6C (DC) > 623B, 6C > 6D, 6C > 6D, 623D, 6C (DC) > 5C > 6C (DC) > j.C (JC) > j.2C > 214D#

i keep missing the link from the lase dash cancel into j.c

so i made it so that it's

2C(FC) > 6C (DC) > 623B, 6C > 6D, 6C > 6D, 623D, 6C > 6D > 5C > j.C (JC) > j.2C > 214D#

and it ends up doing only 22 less damage

Ok so if someone put xxx -> 6C -> etc.. , the xxx would just mean "whatever you want that links into 6C" ?

Also, is this the same thing as a gatling :3 ? thanks in advance. Those are the only 2 annotations I'm still having trouble understanding.

Ok so if someone put xxx -> 6C -> etc.. , the xxx would just mean "whatever you want that links into 6C" ?

Also, is this the same thing as a gatling :3 ? thanks in advance. Those are the only 2 annotations I'm still having trouble understanding.

nah, it would mean the attack has to be linked, so it can't be cancelled into.

so like TKJ236xx6C would mean you're just doing 6C after the move since it doesn't gatling/cancel into 6C.

gatlings are normals that cancel into other normals, so 5B gatlings into 5C/2C/6C/etc. Gatlings (and all cancels in general) are indicated by ">", and a link (which is basically a combo segment that doesn't use a cancel) is indicated by "," or "xx", though most people just do the ">" since it's faster.

Need someone to help test on which character does 6A > 214C (crouch) work.

super facepalm...

no one ever read what me and stunedge posted

posting some combos I use

Bdp does not combo against Jin, Hazama, Litchi, Rachel, Carl, and it requires dash6A for Tsubaki

6A>214C works against Jin, Bang, Tager, Hakumen, Carl, Noel, Arakune, Hazama

I'm aware of stunedge's post. However, some stuff in stunedge's post is wrong (6A > 623B needs dash on Ragna and Noel, and it does work on Litchi). It's also written before console release, according to him. There are also new characters. So I wouldn't count on it. I still need someone to test it out.

My point was that his testing was not extensive, since it was done on an arcade setup, so there might be errors (and in fact, there were errors). There are console only characters anyway, so it may be nice to test it again on a console setup. Let's drop this here, I'm just asking for help (since I don't have my own console setup) and your posts are not helping. Once again, need someone to help test on which character does 6A > 214C (crouch) work.

6A>214C works against Jin, Bang, Tager, Hakumen, Carl, Noel, Arakune, Hazama, rachel, tao it doesn't work against ragna, litchi, makoto mu, tsubaki, lambda

I assume you already know what works for corner 6A>DP B ...

the reason why stun said it didnt work against litchi is because you need to do it fast, so basically the timing is tricky..., that's probably why he missed it.

Usually, I try to hit both B and C almost at the same time. As in, press 2B first, then very quickly press 5C (and start mashing it).

This is one of Jin's hardest things, all I can say is practice...a lot :v:

actually 5b 2b 5cccc is pretty easy if you piano

5b, 2bc on second hit and mash out c like a motherfucker

its like the bounce on haida loops but more mashy

edit: if you know how to plink from street fighter do that and mash c

What the f.... I keep trying to do that 5B (2 Hits) > 5C > DP B > 6C > 6D > (dashing) 6D > Sekka-Jin > 6C > 214C corner combo to no avail, the 6C after Sekka-Jin always whiffs. Instead, I'd rather do Tetsu's 5B (2 Hits) > 5C > Sekka-Jin > DP B > 6C > 6D > IAD > j.2C > j.C > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki. 40 Heat gain, 3086 damage, and the best oki opportunities off 3C. Fucking good when you're building meter for an Astral, you should add it to the list as it is a damn sweet combo.

There's that combo and the 5B (2 Hit) > 5C > Sekka-Jin > (dashing) 5C > sJC > j.2C > j.D > (delayed) Air Dash > j.2C > (delayed) j.C > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki (2735 damage, 38 Heat gain) that I like to use even though I haven't really seen anyone else use it. I only use it on Rachel, Mu and Arakune because my favorite 5B (2 Hit) 5C > Sekka-Jin > 6C > 2D > (dashing) 6B > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki doesn't work on them. It does more damage and has more meter gain than the standard 5B (2 Hits) > 3C > 2B > 5C > sJC > j.2C > j.D > (delayed) Air Dash > j.2C > (delayed) j.C > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki, so maybe add that to the list if anyone wants to use it in the future.

Alternate version: (starter) > 3C, 2B >5C (HJC) > j.2C > j.D, AD j.2C > j.C, land dash 5B(2) > 2B > 5C > 3C <- can anybody post a video of this combo?

Alternate version: (starter) > 3C, 2B >5C (HJC) > j.2C > j.D, AD j.2C > j.C, land dash 5B(2) > 2B > 5C > 3C <- can anybody post a video of this combo?

You're better off doing the one I mentioned above or 5B > 5C > Sekka-Jin > 6C > 2D > (dashing) 6B > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki, once again, they do more damage. The only downside is that they don't work on Carl and Lambda.

Here's the one I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVcFK2Yf5Kk#t=0m53s

As for the one you want, trying searching for some of tetsu's matches, he loves that combo.

I think another upside is that you can do that combo more easily from jabs? And I guess you can try for an overhead reset or whatnot, I don't know.