Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

hmmmmm what doesnt seem to match up is the fact that 2C is techable and you cant even land a 6d or C-nail after it hits in CS2. idk lol

EDIT: Even if it wasnt your c-nail would be techable and smart people would tech the grab.

Maybe I should look for the CS2 version - I got hit with it a lot, but I think I understand how to read Bang's stuff WAY better than in May. haha!

I appreciate the help, btw - I know I'm still learning basics.

So, I'm trying to level up my pressure game. I've gotten a bit better, but right now i think i could use some tips. Currently, I like doing 5a-2A (2A)-5B-6A as a block string, but my friends have suckish defense so i wonder if it's actually any good.

yeah then you could dash in and start another blockstring with more lows and some overheads such as 5a-2a-5b-5c-6a but thats just an example.... BE CREATIVE!!

So, I'm trying to level up my pressure game. I've gotten a bit better, but right now i think i could use some tips. Currently, I like doing 5a-2A (2A)-5B-6A as a block string, but my friends have suckish defense so i wonder if it's actually any good.

That's one of the most solid bases Bang has for blockstrings, so good for you getting there on your own. Most Bang's still haven't gotten there yet. His 6A is one of the only moves he has that is + on block, so using it intelligently is important. Other things to consider, if your opponent is being passive, 5A 6A, or even 5A d5A is actually pretty good to establish your positioning since 5A is neutral and recovers quick. Then since they want to punch you for resetting your string like that, you can frame trap them. Subtle low risk conditioning is very strong with Bang.

crap, destruction leveling up his pressure, jokes on you,Platinum'll be god tier next game

I'll show you - I'll edit this once I make it.

TBH I'm trying to imitate a CS2 combo a local bangbro likes to do. That's the only reason I'm working on using C-kunai like this to help me do longer combos. I've also taken to 6C, but 6C is so damn unsafe and character specific that I don't trust myself with it all the time. Most people tech out of anything with 6A, so I'm not sure how else to build BangCombos for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtV28uTRXEM

tl;DR: I command grab instead of C-Kunai.

You might want to turn teching on there, none of that combos.

Also this is extremely gimmicky but 2B tk C nail actually frametraps pretty well and is only -1 on block. Good for CHing people who think it's punishable.

That will only work once though, sometimes. x_x I think most people know it's negative, and since your fastest possible attack is 7 frames (6 and add 1 for -1) compared to most of the cast's 5, I don't like the odds.

Dear Dacidbro, can I challenge you to a match over netplay;your Bang vs. my Platinum?

Dacid Versus NYC - I'd take the 50 buck train rides to be there to contribute my 0-10, but I'll do it with Style.

Rapeless Litchi and Carl. Oh yeah. Bang Versus Litchi my favorite matchup ever.

So no one has found anymore loketest changes for Bang? It's a shame that he's been pretty quiet.

It's easier on my modding duties for now, so I don't mind ^_^