Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

I think that creating a new "Template" for the combo thread should be done now for BBCS:EX, and when CP lands we can simply Re-Write the combos themselves, not the entire layout. Breaking down combos into clear and concise sections would be a lot more helpful that a gigantic list.

The Matchup threads, too. I agree they are a bit barren, and I'd be very interested in that Matchup. I could easily do the same with some UK players if needs be. I feel like contributing a hell of a lot more.

While I do agree that the BBCS:EX Combo Thread is lacking for various reasons, I feel like it would be a lot of work to basically just reformat EVERYTHING with the only benefit of making it look "different". I am more or less comparing the Noel thread to the Bang Wiki Combo section instead of the actual combo thread since I added pretty much everything I had at the time on there and feel like the formatting is fine as it is there. Now that ISN'T the combo thread, but I think "we" would more or less have to make a new one from scratch. That means adding all that extra formatting, and redoing EVERY combo to fit the format. Not to mention adding the notes for all the combos needed, and I can tell you they do get pretty specific for certain ones.

A while back, I started going back through the combo list I made and making more in-depth notes but don't think I bothered to post it since it would've been a huge list again anyway and there was more or less enough there already between the combo thread and what I already added to the Bang Wiki. I also never "finished" it but that's something else entirely, lol.

As for doing it for BB:CP, I guess we'll have to see what Huey says and see how he thinks we should do it. I do think it'd be a good idea to look at the other character forums, even for Persona, and see what kinda formatting looks best / is easier to do / looks clean.

For CP it needs a major overhaul, but that's not my choice.

For Extend, I'd say we should leave it as it is and focus on how the next Combo thread should be presented. I personally think we should either imitate or try to improve upon current ideas and make something a bit more user friendly, due to the fact the current list being little more than a copy/paste. It's just too jumbled and bleh.

I'm not sure how I would do it. But basic

Standing / Crouching / Counter / Fatal / Throw / RC / FRKZ / Setups

Would be possible if we separated them into sections. More specific and intricate combos would have to be thought upon more, though.

don't really feel that BB:EX Bang combo thread needs to be reformatted, but I will admit that it is pretty sloppy. I'll make a small clean post of recommended combos/combo routes or I could tidy up the current thread.

As for CP Bang, the combo thread will be awesome... but not until the game is actually out on CONSOLE!!! Since the game has changed drastically, I think that we will be seeing lots of combos within the first couple of weeks and I don't really feel like they all need to be posted. Matchup threads won't be posted until someone on the Bang forums actually PLAYS CP. Any other questions or thoughts?

Hey all, apologies if this question is a repost (i went back a few 20ish pages but didn't see it).

Kinda need some help on Bangs astral. How do you do it so close to the ground? (is there some trick to it i'm missing?)

because i can connect it with the counter 2D. Also if i do 963214.63214D, and time it as i'm falling for w.e height I need, but every time I try to do it off the ground with a TK on the 2nd HCB it goes off too high, and the only thing i can hit is a standing Tager :(

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Ah I guess the timing is super precise then, cuz i've been doing it but jumping too high.

Thanks!

The timing isn't super precise at all. Put the input display on and watch what you are doing. You shouldn't be mashing it or anything like that. Right as you're finishing the second half circle into 7 press D, don't "wait" for it. It is very easy once you do it a few times.

You could also try knocking them down with 2C, and as they tech run up to them then do it. That way you have some momentum with the input going into the forward to back part. It doesn't really change the input or anything, but maybe it will feel different to you and help you get the motion down at first.

If you watch the input display and it seems like you did the motion right but still jumped too high, it means you didn't press D fast enough. If you get a bumper it means you pressed it too early or you messed up the initial input.

wow, thanks for the detailed response! I've been practicing for the past hr with only one successful attempt at doing it close to the ground. Guess I'll just keep practicing till I get it.

Funny thing is...i'm not sure how i read 2C as 6C, but I kept trying with that and the astral connected after it (if you input it before you land) with neutral aerial roll, and quick wakeup. Tried it on the 5B> 2B> 6C > Astral -> works on guard (if they dont duck the 6c - done on standing Trinity). Wont work if you're comboing. Idk how useful it actually is at higher level gameplay/if everyone already knew about it.

And again, thanks for the tips Zeth07!

2 HCB then just keep the stick going up to 7/8/9. It takes practice but it really gets easy after a while. You will get TK Bumpers though, I've lost too many rounds from trying to Astral, If you get the bumper, You simply went too fast and screwed it up. Believe me. :I:

I learnt it properly by JC'ing 2B in a blockstring. Works wonders online, too.

It's pretty much a Bang rite of passage to Astral spark bolt or Comet Cannon.

2B? thats super useful! i've been doing it off of 6C, and 2D (2D normal hit works as long as they air tech neutral or forward. not sure about forward 100% tho, but you just have to jump a bit higher than normal to hit as soon as they air tech. 2D guarded can come out really close to the ground ).

I actually pulled it off against a Tager online today, guard sparkbolt then astraled against the Tager blender super. Sadly he left the match right before the nail punch :/

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/fort-wayne-in-someone-please-post-something-for-crying-out-loud.57850/page-91#post-7671191 vods from my last tourney that I got 2nd in

Few comments/johns:

Yes, that's Skisonic commentating and yes EVERY match of BB was streamed. I didn't know Skisonic knew anything about BB XD.

First time I lost to that Tager was EMBARASSING. Like head in my hands "omg what did I just do" embarassing.

When it looks like I'm losing for free to Lambda one round, it's because I was trying to air command grab him because my friend was watching me and he gets hype and yells "OH SHIT ITS THE REISCARRED" every time I do that. needless to say I never pulled it off and almost lost the entire match because of it XD.

The tourney was on 360s and we had to find people with ps3 pad converters cause 3-4 people only played on that. Top 4 was streamed the next day and no one with converters showed up so the last 3 rounds played out like this:

I played chaos kalibur both of us on 360 pads when we both play on ps3 pad. I practiced a lot of 360 pad saturday morning and he's almost never used one so I won a pretty unfair fight. Probably not worth watching.

Got runback against the Tager that sent me to losers. Won on 360 pad when I lost on PS3 pad LOL. Worth watching even though I did jD instead of D nails like 20 times.

Got buttfucked by axis in grand finals. Not worth watching.

and finally, I haven't played BB seriously since April. Honest to god and I still pulled off some hype shit. Please don't give me advice. Watch the matches if you want to be entertained a little. No intention of getting better till CP comes out.