Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

Could anyone tell me their favourite "Oki" setups with Bang? I've realised I've just began to IAD Back D Nails after a corner combo. I don't really have any setups midscreen or anything.

Could anyone tell me their favourite "Oki" setups with Bang? I've realised I've just began to IAD Back D Nails after a corner combo. I don't really have any setups midscreen or anything.

Why D nails? B nail works actually better in this situation and it makes you also land faster too. It's a good ID bait and stuff if you manage to delay your backdash instead of do it instantly, I usually do forward jump>-backdash>Bnail glide. By the time I land I already can tell if the explosion will CH them or not so I just dash in for the appropriate pickup which is actually way better than one off of a couple of D nails. B explosion is a decent starter, even though they nerfed it from it's godlike CS2 status.

Corner:

-7jump j.C ender>throw B Nail = my most used "setup". Relatively useful, but isn't full proof, just go into training mode vs the cpu and you'll notice that after a while.

-cross under after a j.623B = give up damage for another possible mixup, usually I do it just to do it even though it's probably not "worth it" anyway.

-double cross under after a j.623B = if you're further away from the corner, you can run under them, then cross under like you normally would, just being sneaky not really "useful".

-9jump j.C ender>low air dash>"mix-up" = just something else I'll occasionally do.

-air ender>poison nail = depends on if they like to tech immediately or not.

-after knockdown>dash toward them>IAD backwards>(throw B Nail) = If I'm baiting something I really want to avoid entirely so they can't RC it.

-back up>TK D Nails = If I just need one more mixup to kill and want to try and finish it quickly.

Mid-Screen:

-8j.C ender>throw B Nail = if they neutral tech the spacing will allow the B Nail to actually force them to block or get hit or crouch it?. I also tend to use it to setup Astral since it might make them panic, and if the explosion CHs it will combo into Astral.

-9j.C ender>throw B Nail = if the opponent tends to roll backwards or neutral tech>back dash the explosion should catch them or at least make them block or give you time to move in (particularly against Lambda)

-during relaunch combo after the initial j.C>dash under = just to mix things up a bit, if the person is pressing buttons to tech your combo in case you drop it they will immediately neutral tech after the j.C which falls right into your hand with the incoming mix-up.

-6D>jump or bumper = if for whatever reason I went with the 2 seal combo, or just feel like using bumpers that round. I'll almost never do the 623B after 6D because you want the opponent near you for a mixup most of the time, and some characters like Lambda/Mu could benefit in the match-up if you knock them away from you.

-j.623B ender or air purple command throw = almost exclusively against Tager. I feel like I should be able to outplay him at neutral so why take the stupid risk of going for a mixup on knockdown when his "guess" can turn the match around instantly. The air purple command throw isn't because you expect them to NOT break it, but it still forces them to. Or if someone else purple throws me on netplay I'll be kind enough to try and return the favor for that unscaled damage lol.

-air ender>late D Nails = I don't do it that often but it can be useful. For the most part I don't like throwing D Nails for oki because it's a lot of resources in a situation where they might not be useful at all if you time them wrong or if the spacing is off.

Do you guys have trouble beating Hell U.Hazama, or is that just me? His rising fang and that unlimited dd is so cheap omfg. It takes me like 10 tries to beat him every time :/

Do you guys have trouble beating Hell U.Hazama, or is that just me? His rising fang and that unlimited dd is so cheap omfg. It takes me like 10 tries to beat him every time :/

It's AI, it reads your inputs. Don't bother trying to do stuff, just play it safe and wait for him to whiff a random 623D and fatal 3C him for damage. Also, poison nails and evasion work too.

What's up, I'm the new Bang moderator :< I'll do my best to try and organize the forums over the next couple of weeks so hopefully it'll be a little more organized? We'll see soon enough though.

What's up, I'm the new Bang moderator :< I'll do my best to try and organize the forums over the next couple of weeks so hopefully it'll be a little more organized? We'll see soon enough though.

Yes!

EDIT: I just realized that i'm not a mod anymore so that means you can solo the wikipedia now :P

EDIT2: Bang sucks

Great statement Huey. I hope you are just joking. You just said the one thing I hate of a lot users. Thinking just because they aren't a mod that they don't have to contribute.

I put up Bang's frame data from KayEff's translations. However, I don't know all of his move notations nor do I know if KayEff has updated any of the translations. One of you guys should go over it and get everything correct.

From 6D's wiki notes "Guard point changes to work against overheads either while in OD or already having 山 icon" and similar entries can be found on 2D and 5D for lows, are these legit translations? Because I could have sworn the guardpoint buff was OD + seal only as opposed to OD or seal and that would be a very nice addition to Bang's wakeup arsenal.

Great statement Huey. I hope you are just joking. You just said the one thing I hate of a lot users. Thinking just because they aren't a mod that they don't have to contribute.

As a moderator, I felt that it was my responsibility to work on certain things, which was unfortunate because my life became very hectic in the last couple of months. When I saw SuperScience at AX, I suggested that he ask to become mod so that he could do a better job on the wiki and forums. Im still far too busy to contribute and don't even play games as much anymore so it would be unreasonable for me to claim that I'll still contribute to the forums.

TLDR: RIP HUEY253

From 6D's wiki notes "Guard point changes to work against overheads either while in OD or already having 山 icon" and similar entries can be found on 2D and 5D for lows, are these legit translations? Because I could have sworn the guardpoint buff was OD + seal only as opposed to OD or seal and that would be a very nice addition to Bang's wakeup arsenal.

That is what the translations said. Don't know if KayEff has updated them since he initially translated them though. Superscience will probably check that out once he has free time.

Pretty sure it only applies with OD+2D, because it isn't like the other moves get their buff when you have them without OD so it wouldn't make sense for 2D.

The buff Bang gets for gaining seals outside of OD is that if you have a seal any further hits of it deal x1.2 damage, but if you gain all 4 the hits will do x1.5 damage.

Pretty sure it only applies with OD+2D, because it isn't like the other moves get their buff when you have them without OD so it wouldn't make sense for 2D.

The buff Bang gets for gaining seals outside of OD is that if you have a seal any further hits of it deal x1.2 damage, but if you gain all 4 the hits will do x1.5 damage.

Yeah I remember the seal buffs only applying in OD but wasn't sure if I'd missed them working outside, although I'm 99% sure they don't work outside OD except for the damage buff.

As a moderator, I felt that it was my responsibility to work on certain things, which was unfortunate because my life became very hectic in the last couple of months. When I saw SuperScience at AX, I suggested that he ask to become mod so that he could do a better job on the wiki and forums. Im still far too busy to contribute and don't even play games as much anymore so it would be unreasonable for me to claim that I'll still contribute to the forums.

TLDR: RIP HUEY253

You will be missed Huey...

part 1

part 2

part 3

Been a while but I wanted to get some input. Its was a bit a laggy but I think i could have done better. Any help would be appreciated. No drama please. Tips on how to improve pressure game and abare would be welcomed.

Bang's new English voice sucks. I miss Tony Oliver.

This times a million ;__;

So, is there any threads that anyone wants being made? Just suggest them here and I'll take a look and see.

Also sorry GreekAngel for deleting your CP combo thread. I feel that it would be better if I had control of it.

You can edit people's posts in your own board you know.

Sad to hear Tony is gone. Even the voice actors are dropping Bang ;_____;

This times a million ;__;

So, is there any threads that anyone wants being made? Just suggest them here and I'll take a look and see.

Also sorry GreekAngel for deleting your CP combo thread. I feel that it would be better if I had control of it.

Oh, no biggie. I had no Idea how to do a thread like that justice anyways

Yeah we need to get the combo thread going. I'll transcribe some combos I see on youtube or something when I get a moment.

Man I suck at pressuring with Bang. I wish 2B was jump cancellable on block. I need something to help me continue pressure when I autopilot the scrub string 5A 5B 2B 2C. I mean -4 is safe but I can't do anything. Learning to hit confirm would be a start, doing 6C not knowing the opponent is crouching makes your day a bad one. Also how useful is the guard break attack?

Overall I feel Bang is still fun. I've been trying to use bumper nails since I never used them much before (shame on me). He feels lacking in some areas but that is not my jurisdiction to claim what is good and what is bad. Looks like I need to study some matches to solve my problem.

You can edit people's posts in your own board you know.

Sad to hear Tony is gone. Even the voice actors are dropping Bang ;_____;

;_____;