Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

Does anyone know if there's been anymore recent changes to Bang? Seems as though all is a bit quiet about him.

I havn't seen any new ones, to me it just seems like they're intent on buffing Platinum (they say her mami circular got a damage nerf, but unless poration was also nerfed she'll probably still do huge damage) and what we've got now is pretty good, I could do with a few more buffs though.

How exactly is he right now, nothing he has seems too strong, but I haven't seen the new Bang in action. I was thinking that his B nail relaunch mid screen combos might be too good. Or is it something else

PS amazing how 3 key buffs can change a character

B nail combos don't make bang super strong or anything.

jD and Cnail proration has been lowered, so thats a damage increase in itself.

5D lets bang get crouching combos.

his 2A proration is most likely buffed now because 5A 2AA 5B 2B 6C jD works in CS2+

his enemies have all been weakened greatly, which is his biggest buff by far.

apparently it is still extremely hard to beat taokaka in CS2+, which isn't a surprise

バング

・5DCH時の壁バウンド削除

・コマ投げの補正きつく

・6DCHの受け身不能時間減少

・JDの発生鈍化

・J4Cの浮きが高くなって追撃しづらく

- Walbounce on CH 5D has been removed

- Command grab prorates hard now (low P1/P2 values to be clear)

- CH 6D has less untechable time

- j.D has slower startup

- j.4C causes opponent to fly higher on hit, making followups after difficult

(why are they nerfing him even more i don't understand)

MUHAHAHA i think i just called this

Crap. Oh well, he still looks stronger than before, gonna miss command grab combos though, doesn't matter too much since the reward from an overhead mixup is better with 5d launch. Of course barrier might kill mix up. J4C nerf looks like it'll hurt most. Also gonna miss CH5d wallbounce, it was a hilarious looking way to get damage. All in all Bang looks like he'll be good, but not a god (demigod teir? Saint teir?) gonna have to wait to get the game to accuratly call tiers, just speculating.

New j.4C and j.D are going to hurt FRKZ :(

Also, command grab.. It is strong, but it costs 50 heat and you can't do too much without corner.

Crap. Oh well, he still looks stronger than before, gonna miss command grab combos though, doesn't matter too much since the reward from an overhead mixup is better with 5d launch. Of course barrier might kill mix up. J4C nerf looks like it'll hurt most. Also gonna miss CH5d wallbounce, it was a hilarious looking way to get damage. All in all Bang looks like he'll be good, but not a god (demigod teir? Saint teir?) gonna have to wait to get the game to accuratly call tiers, just speculating.

How the hell do you get that he looks stronger from before from that info? They took out literally EVERYTHING that remotely gave us reasonable combos.

I mean stronger than before the loketests, and now that i think of it J4C nerf might be worse than I first imagined( It said difficult to follow up so i assumed stricter timing not old combos become unusable, if old combos don't work then i take the above post back). I choose to be optimistic, crouching combos seem to be better.

Nothing is final.

It was even changed mid location test. But it's fun to talk and debate and stuff.

If we get 25 meter for landing green burst I may kill a panda. Please think of the pandas ASW.

I'm not liking the sound of those. Command grab seemed to me to be our one really reliable way of getting good damage in the corner, but I suppose we got 7k off it for 50 heat, but still it seems a bit silly wrecking it's p1 value, it doesn't exactly do much damage raw; it may just be used mainly for tech traps if this stands. Slower J.d and weird J.4c could hurt FRKZ combos (as if that needed anymore nerfing), and it looks like they're trying their damn hardest to get rid of relaunch combos.

But I digress, it's mid loke, most of this stuff will probably be changed for the final product.

Lose stupid command grab reward, hit more command grabs by abusing new risk reward..

Gain character neutral game viability?

Worth it. Especially since the stronger characters are being reduced. Good shit ASW

J4C and command grab make me the most sad right now. I hope that changes or we get something REALLY nice to make up for that.

:<

My god that would be so amazing. Or if we had his unlimited form command grab (delicious 4 seals with each one), and teleports/fullscreen heavenly phoenix.

I would be content with the supposed awful proration on his command grabs if they gave us 4 seals, but it would be so broke.

Does the new J.4C knockback mean he can't do his P1/P2 position combos ala J.4C> airdash J.4C>J.623B>corner combo

I'm more concerned he probably loses the advanced mid screen BNail combo that was recently made.. that was going to help him a lot.

well shit. 623c RC was 1 of my fav things about bang.

what a Sad, sad day. oh well...deal with it and all that shizz

Gotta admit, command grab to 5-7k is pretty ridiculous.

Im not sure, that much for 1 meter seems fine to me, especially in CS2 where he was toned down in general.