Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

Makes sense. I'll get back on it. I added them to my old combo list thats jumbled and overlooked. I have to figure what to do with that thing... and theres so many combos that I missed, I've got at least 15 pages of combos to go through. Most of us know what the good combos are but I like to help the new guy.

is 3cing away after a blocked chain > b/c/d movement good? i was just mashing buttons and it seemed to get me out all the time without any problems

i don't think its good. it could work i guess. Its super easy to call out too :(

midscreen CH 5d tk623b whiff (saves u from dashing to link subsequent 2b) 2b 5b j4c IAD j4c j623b d.6d 623b 5b 2b ja jb j4c j4c jc for 3331 damage, 43 meter

So uh, after the mid-screen firepunch, is dash 3C a good "meaty" attack? So far, I haven't been punished TOO often for it.

The outcomes are usually:

1.) They don't tech, they get hit by 3C.

2.) They tech and don't block, they get hit by it.

3.) They tech and block, lose a primer, but I'm too far away to be punished (usually)

4.) They forward roll and get hit.

5.) They backward roll and nothing happens.

6.) They right as I'm 3C'ing and punish me. :gonk:

I don't use it all the time, but I throw it out every now and then. Am I the only one who uses 3C as a... meaty? :v:

So uh, after the mid-screen firepunch, is dash 3C a good "meaty" attack? So far, I haven't been punished TOO often for it.

3.) They tech and block, lose a primer, but I'm too far away to be punished (usually)

I don't use it all the time, but I throw it out every now and then. Am I the only one who uses 3C as a... meaty? :v:

at best, 3C can be -6 on block if it hits on the last active frame. A good opponent will punish you for doing that.

late tech will blow this up as well.

its okay to do wild stuff once in a while, but try to hold of on using that more than once vs someone decent.

its okay to do wild stuff once in a while, but try to hold of on using that more than once vs someone decent.

I guess I'm not decent... Sad day.

I have high hopes for this loketest. Hopefully we'll get something legitimately good this time.

LET'S GO ARCSYS.

Give me GG oki first.

Also curse nothing being off-topic in this thread when we have a combo thread anyway -_-.

Give me GG oki first.

Also curse nothing being off-topic in this thread when we have a combo thread anyway -_-.

Speaking of GG, I've been playing far too much of that game recently, it's made me realise how nothing will ever replace it as my favourite FG ever. Too bad there's literally no scene in my area, meh i'll just stay in the lab with Anji and Eddie. BB's wakeup system is retarded, if I want them to do one thing it's give it GG oki.

What am I saying, there's never too much GG.

found a possible wake up gold burst os, donno if theres anything like it so ill post anyways

2a>5b>6d>3b in semi chain mode, pianoing everything from 5b with some gap in 2a

the idea is that you whiff the 2a on oki if they gold burst and do a 6d for punish, if the gold burst doesnt come out and they just block, you get 5b>2b since the 6d was pianoed so fast that its input during 5b startup and you go straight to 2b for whatever you want

I think I might be late for this reply, but 3c treated me nice after the 623B carry.

Its just that either people see it and jump after teching, or they just take it like a man and block/get hit by/ get fataled by it. Considering that I rather go for a J.C or J.4B on any oki situation, its a good thing to use to make them respect the baseball slide.

found a possible wake up gold burst os, donno if theres anything like it so ill post anyways

2a>5b>6d>3b in semi chain mode, pianoing everything from 5b with some gap in 2a

the idea is that you whiff the 2a on oki if they gold burst and do a 6d for punish, if the gold burst doesnt come out and they just block, you get 5b>2b since the 6d was pianoed so fast that its input during 5b startup and you go straight to 2b for whatever you want

That actually sounds really strong. I'll absolutely try that, thanks.

Speaking of GG, I've been playing far too much of that game recently, it's made me realise how nothing will ever replace it as my favourite FG ever. Too bad there's literally no scene in my area, meh i'll just stay in the lab with Anji and Eddie. BB's wakeup system is retarded, if I want them to do one thing it's give it GG oki.

What am I saying, there's never too much GG.

its too bad, the idea of BB oki is that you give the opponent a bunch of options they can use, but in high level play, its not very good to use anything but neutral tech.

its kinda sad that people still struggle with getting people to respect your oki with characters that aren't tager.

also, you can OS goldburst with meaty 5A/2A, and if the burst comes you can block if you hold back, but you can chain into other normals if it hits or gets blocked.

its too bad, the idea of BB oki is that you give the opponent a bunch of options they can use, but in high level play, its not very good to use anything but neutral tech.

its kinda sad that people still struggle with getting people to respect your oki with characters that aren't tager.

also, you can OS goldburst with meaty 5A/2A, and if the burst comes you can block if you hold back, but you can chain into other normals if it hits or gets blocked.

But Huey, this is stronger than blocking gold burst. This is punishing gold burst.

Good stuff linear :)

Any tip on 2A dashing under opponent when they are ground teching? I can't do it 90% of time. Is it character specific?

But Huey, this is stronger than blocking gold burst. This is punishing gold burst.

I just tried this out, it's fucking legit... It also option selects teleporting behind them, but sadly there is no counterhit so you can't get a really cool 6D combo off of it :(

Good shit linear

I did a little testing, this thing should also work against Inferno Divider and you'll get counter hit. And it's better to do 6D A teleport because sometimes 2nd hit of ID can hit you.

I don't like 2A. It gets blocked and I feel like I'm about to eat something. It feels like I need to be super close...yet it's a strting normal for a lot of stuff. Why?