Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[CS1-CSE] Road to Ikaruga - The Bang Social thread - Do you even 3c?

Here's a few from the top of my head.

5C>shippuugeki (they think it's gonna purple, they wrong)

SMP 5D combos in FRKZ > shippuugeki (if they tech they die)

Web nail > 5A> shippuugeki (this works just like the normal tk command grab setup, just you don't need the corner for it lol)

Crush Trigger on Bang is unfortunately not that great. Doesn't have that much range so it's bleh :<. Plus if they crouch guard it you get a crouching combo and outside of the corner, it's pretty meh without meter :<

Pressuring with Bang is a little weird :< I feel like alot of his pressure is keeping it ambiguous when you use 6A and when you stop pressure. It feels like you can gatling his normals later than before which is pretty nice for pressure. Hit confirming from standing and crouching is super key with Bang so getting used to it is going to be fun lol

From what I can tell, B nail is alot less useful in this version. it goes all the way across the screen which makes it alot less useful as a tool in neutral. A nail is probably the best nail in neutral by far aside from D nails haha. I haven't really messed around with throwing three of a nail at once, but I bet those are going to be very very situational and not very practical generally.

I haven't really learned any seal combos so I haven't really been getting enough seals for Shippugeki :< But Bang get's super good corner carry off of 5B ;3. You can almost go corner to corner with double relaunch combos.

Crush Trigger on Bang is unfortunately not that great. Doesn't have that much range so it's bleh :<. Plus if they crouch guard it you get a crouching combo and outside of the corner, it's pretty meh without meter :<

Pressuring with Bang is a little weird :< I feel like alot of his pressure is keeping it ambiguous when you use 6A and when you stop pressure. It feels like you can gatling his normals later than before which is pretty nice for pressure. Hit confirming from standing and crouching is super key with Bang so getting used to it is going to be fun lol

From what I can tell, B nail is alot less useful in this version. it goes all the way across the screen which makes it alot less useful as a tool in neutral. A nail is probably the best nail in neutral by far aside from D nails haha. I haven't really messed around with throwing three of a nail at once, but I bet those are going to be very very situational and not very practical generally.

I haven't really learned any seal combos so I haven't really been getting enough seals for Shippugeki :< But Bang get's super good corner carry off of 5B ;3. You can almost go corner to corner with double relaunch combos.

Bang has triple relaunch combos actually, you can go corner to corner easy.

As for the CT, you can combo it after 2D and after a high 5C so it's great for FRKZ combos or fatal 3C combos. You don't wanna use it to actually guard break though, not worth the meter unless they're an out of barrier in which case you do glide D nails into it for a safe and easy guardbreak.

Bang has triple relaunch combos actually, you can go corner to corner easy.

As for the CT, you can combo it after 2D and after a high 5C so it's great for FRKZ combos or fatal 3C combos. You don't wanna use it to actually guard break though, not worth the meter unless they're an out of barrier in which case you do glide D nails into it for a safe and easy guardbreak.

Just to be clear, by triple relaunch combos do you mean doing three IADs? If so that's what that's what I meant. And if it's the same we should agree on how to refer to it.

Just to be clear, by triple relaunch combos do you mean doing three IADs? If so that's what that's what I meant. And if it's the same we should agree on how to refer to it.

Yeah, those, I just call those "IAD combos" lol.

I just called them double relaunch combos since you had to launch them twice after the initial 6C but I dunno :<

Also, using musasabi for double overheads is pretty amusing, but only really usable after a knockdown. In neutral it's hard to just get a straight jump in. Kinda wish you could use it after other air actions, but it could possibly be too strong especially with all of Bang's air movement as it is

I just called them double relaunch combos since you had to launch them twice after the initial 6C but I dunno :<

Also, using musasabi for double overheads is pretty amusing, but only really usable after a knockdown. In neutral it's hard to just get a straight jump in. Kinda wish you could use it after other air actions, but it could possibly be too strong especially with all of Bang's air movement as it is

Double j4B crossups are nice, yeah. It consumes a jump so it's kinda hard to get it most of the time but it is awesome as is. Also, for a nice trick do this midscreen:

normal combo into jD>jumpcancel forward>j22A>5A.

Notice where you land. :D

Double j4B crossups are nice, yeah. It consumes a jump so it's kinda hard to get it most of the time but it is awesome as is. Also, for a nice trick do this midscreen:

normal combo into jD>jumpcancel forward>j22A>5A.

Notice where you land. :D

The best part about that is that you can actually change your momentum a bit depending on the direction you press so if you hold 1, you can non cross up ;3

Yeah, it's super ambiguous. Its funny how Bang's biggest buff is a non-damaging hover special. One using his scarf no less XD.

Yeah, it's super ambiguous. Its funny how Bang's biggest buff is a non-damaging hover special. One using his scarf no less XD.

Its mostly because Bang just passes through people, like he has hidden access to the Z axis.

I just made an account to hear people's opinions on Bang right now, since no one around me wants to play him at all.... I do see some changes but I'm pretty rusty atm and what I have read here is kinda what I see while playing too. But why drop him?

-_-

How does 2D affect FRKZ?

j.D = More ashura/daifunka damage

6D = Can dash trough opponent

5D = 3 dashes in the air

2D= ????????

"fu gives you 5 airdashes, rin gives you the ability to go through your foe with the airdashes and gives them some invuln, ka gives you better proration and Zan makes all Ds into full body guard points while in FRKZ. Also, each D does 20% more once you "have" it and if you have them all they all do 25% more damage." Dreiko said this on Joural's youtube

And just to clarify, even though my quote does say it in few words, jD is overall better proration on EVERYTHING not just the DDs. Like, the same combo will do a good 1.5k more if you have jD versus if you don't. You really want jD if you wanna use FRKZ unless you're desparate to dodge something or they have like no life.

Oh yeah, can anyone please help me with how to do A nail pickup combos from relaunches? Bang's challenge 29 uses these and I want to put them in my combos, but I do not know the timing

There's 2 ways, the timing one and the speed one. You can either just feel out the timing and do jC>delay>j2C perfectly or you can do jC>j22A>j2C which is hard to do but if you do it the nail will combo perfectly into 5A.