Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi13

What do you think about Astral Heats.

Astral Heats seem to be much more common in CS due to the requirements being a bit less specific than it was in CT.

That being said, the question is: What do you think about Astral Heats? Like do you consider Astral Heats to be a "jerk move" or some sort of disrespect or do you consider them to be viable and not just some sort of showing-off. Or are you indifferent?

You can answer in any way you like.

I'm aware that not all Astral Heats are equal, as some seem to be clearly better than others. Tager's astral heat is difficult to avoid in some scenarios, Tsubaki can combo into hers, Jin can pull his off after a throw, and Hakumen's will beat anything that isn't a projectile (throws amazingly). So you can be specific.

I personally consider them to be somewhat of a jerk-move, as there is a lot you can do with 100% heat and the burst to drain the opponent from his 30% remaining life. Astral Heats just doesn't seem to be necessary, and you might be putting up the match in attempt to finish off the opponent in a fancy way.

However, I'm not terribly experienced with this game. Although I anticipate that most think it's kind of a method to show-off, I've heard some opinions otherwise.

Viable way to finish the opponent. Sometimes it's easier to do AH and you are 100% sure thay you will kill him. For example, Jin's throw into AH... I AH-ed opponents, I was AH-ed, it's just one of the ways to finish the match.

Just like IK in Guilty Gear. Stun into IK, very viable :)

Don't really care, but that some characters have much better AH than others is a bit silly. Characters like Tager have completely worthless AH's, while say Lambda has a great one.

Landing an AH can lead to some people acting like jerks though, but that isn't a problem with the AH itself.

You need 100% heat and a "Break Burst", this is way too much!!!

Astral heats are almost useless in serius matches, they are only for "trolling"...

The system for "astral heats" need changes, some thing like... you have 1 astral heat, for the 2-3 Rounds in the fight, that cam be made when the opponent has only 20%-10% life, without Heat use or "Break Burst" !!!

summarizing: Astral for free! only 1 time in the fight!

it could even bring better balance to the game, think, weak characters like Rachel could have an astral very easy to connect, while stronger characters like bang could have nearly useless "astral heats".

Don't really care, but that some characters have much better AH than others is a bit silly. Characters like Tager have completely worthless AH's, while say Lambda has a great one.

Landing an AH can lead to some people acting like jerks though, but that isn't a problem with the AH itself.

Tager's is great. The only bad thing about it is that it's so difficult to buffer you have to do pretty obvious buffering movements like Super Jumping. You can land it guarenteed off of any Spark Bolt hit if they bounce right which is almost always 100% of the time Lambda's is honestly not that good because of it's ridiculously small range and the fact trying to Act Parser to get in to range is incredibly obvious

i think of astrals as purely a way to troll/show off. I being a kune player throw it out whevener i can because if i get an astral finish it's pretty much the other persons fault because i sure as hell didn't do it XD

I have never gotten Hakumen's Astral Heat off, but I have been hit by: Ragna, Noel, Tager, Hazama, and Litchi's AH

The AH's you can easily combo into are a bit annoying, but you do have to save all your heat up (easier for some characters then others) and have a Burst Counter left.

That said, I do consider it a "jerk" move most of the time, because it really is frustrating to get hit by some of those, especially if your opponent was 1-hit away and baits you into a CH with his AH (full body Invulnerability ftw!)

I have seen some players drop combos and back up simply to prepare to AH to troll their opponent.

IThe AH's you can easily combo into are a bit annoying, but you do have to save all your heat up (easier for some characters then others) and have a Burst Counter left.

Hazama (3C>ah), Ragna (5D>ah), Tsubaki (wallbounce>AH), Jin (throw, or corner combo>AH), Makoto (any lvl 3drive>ah), Tager's and Rachel's are a dick to escape if placed well, Noel can I think, carl can burst into his, and even Ara can set his up. In fact I believe most characters can gold burst>AH.

safe to say AH's are more viable than most other flashy finishers from other fighting games.

My personal feelings?

Valid match ender.

Is a dick-ish move, but you gotta give props.

It's dickish because you're essentially telling them you felt like showing off.

But still a valid match ender. Just know if I get AH'd, I'm thinking about you being a damn show off in the back of my mind. If I AH you, I'd expect nothing but the same.

every character has a way to set-up/combo into their astral, some are just easier/more practical to set up, but you'll have to know from the start of the second round if you're going for that astral. also if you miss that astral you're being put in a very vulerable position.

Astral Heats as a whole aren't very useful outside of finishing an opponent in the last round before they can burst. The problem is, if they have a burst left and less than 35% of their health when you start the combo they will burst before you get the chance to AH. However, Hakumen's is great if you are confident you can counter and Makoto's is easily comboed into and can act like Daifunka (invincibility frames across screen) except faster.

To answer the question, pulling off an AH isn't jerky. It is a little suspicious that you didn't use the 100 heat prior to that moment, but you deserve credit for doing something awesome and rarely seen in a legitimate match.

Hazama (3C>ah), Ragna (5D>ah), Tsubaki (wallbounce>AH), Jin (throw, or corner combo>AH), Makoto (any lvl 3drive>ah), Tager's and Rachel's are a dick to escape if placed well, Noel can I think, carl can burst into his, and even Ara can set his up. In fact I believe most characters can gold burst>AH.

safe to say AH's are more viable than most other flashy finishers from other fighting games.

Everybody can escape Tagers astral by just mashing 5A, the only way it is good is in a combo. Some characters AH like Tsubaki's are really good though since its so easy to combo into. I land that a lot, also there is nothing better than Haku-men's astral vs people that are not ready for it.

I'm also in the boat that thinks that AH's are viable but dick.

I use mine occasionally (new command FTW!) but I never go into a match expecting to use it. I'll sometimes just notice that I've built up 100 heat due to not getting my opponent into the situation I want and will just throw it out to be a dick for my own amusement more or less.

As someone who hasn't play either BlazBlue games... *prepares flame shield in case of attack* ...Using an Astral Heat might be a jerk move, but it's nothing new in the fighting genre to have these kind of moves whose sole purpose is to be the move that just tells your opponent that you are better then him.

Those who get hit with an AH will need to get over it. It's part of the game plus some (if not all) of the AH moves have a limited range (Tao and Tsubaki have the longest range with their AH's, but it's not full screen).

If you nail the Astral Heat, then give yourself a pat on the back (Two pats on the back if you can do Tager's without buffering). Just remember that all of that showing off is going to bite you in the ass sooner or later.

I respect more people who actually take the time to combo into their astral instead of just grabbing into their astral. Given a buddy of mine a hard time in a joking manner about how much it irritates me that everyone would rather just grab astral because he has been doing that shit since CT as Tao. Now it's even easier in CS. Played as Hazama for like the 10th time on the web and was sandbagged by a Tsubaki for like 30 seconds so they could astral me. They could have killed me 10x over instead of wasting my time and everyone elses. So going to rip them a new one much later. Bet they won't do that to my Ragna if I haven't told myself to stop using him.

I usually don't read into them, if the person feels like losing a match because they conserved their heat let them, sometimes it just happens though and you're sitting on 100% heat late in the match

also SUP YOSHI, WHERE YO TVC AT?

Characters like Tager have completely worthless AH's, while say Lambda has a great one.

Sir, I respectfully disagree. Tager can combo his spark bolt into an Astral. I don't think it had to be a counter hit or anything. (Someone feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken) Lambda's AH is so stupidly close range, and on top of that you can just mash A to hit her before it goes off. =|

I will agree though that a lot of astrals are better than others. I would personally be a bit happier with them if everybody had the same accessibility to use theirs, but am not really expecting that change any time soon.

The only time IKs were useful in GG was against A.B.A IIRC.

Even then, lol

or if your name was eddie,

and if your Ky then killing ABA with IK's were loleasylol (fastest IK in the game), you could also punish several whiffs with Ky's IK (DP's, GV, even some slow projectiles like Ky's CSE, and sometimes ABA's blood missle thing).

The only time IKs were useful in GG was against A.B.A IIRC.

Even then, lol

He didn't say anything about ABA, so I have to assume he's just stupid/a scrub

ON TOPIC: Astrals are fucking awesome, I use them every chance I get.