Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neorussell

Toronto BB and GG: FIENDS ONLY Part II

I'm made it in A&C Ultimate Gamer Tekken Edition lol.

You don't show up for T13 but you're going to NEC, wtf, kirbster.

I don't think there is a stream schedule for Final Impact as of now, Vince will probably be streaming on saturday and me on sunday.

I was just thinking in terms of the tourney being close to the holidays cause I won't be showing up because I'm going home that weekend and a bit.

I actually woke up to this thread cause I had an itchy nipple and couldn't sleep (TMI TMI TMI), I just want to say my nipple itches no more :). I am going to sleep much better guys, thanks!

Luv u all.

Can't spell friends without fiends!

Wow, WTF happened here? I was playing 2K, I come on here and see that our community is alive again.

I guess being mature and non-confrontational is the best way to revive our scene.

Hmm I think you guys can use Leos nipples to guage community activity. QUICK LEOS NIPPLES, WHEN DOES SKULLGIRLS COME BACK?

Okay guys its time for me to also complain about no locals coming out for a game with decent netplay to revive its scene

Where are your melty at represent before the game dies fools i'm being mature about this xoxo PEACE&DRAMA

To be EXTEMEMLY MEMELY SERIOUS AND MATURE NO TROLLING, reading through the past day or so of posts here was better than Dongs McGee's mornin' cornin' .

I think we should solve this problem by letting bygones be bygones and getting together and to get some DRINKS.

And by playing blazgreen 420 edition.

The offer stands Amedeo.

I'd join people for drinks. Not so much the other stuff, but drinks are always good. If only I could remember where I put my slivovitz...

The community is truly revived when even secret boss comes back to post all the way from Hong Kong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Can someone with an xbox tell me if the 4gb version would be okay with 2-3 fighting games? Do ppl ever run out of space?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Considering that GG is like 1 gig of install space, 3S is somewhere from 700 to 1gig and marvel 2 is i think 500mb.

Also consider that the xbox doesn't consider the 4 gigs of space as hard drive space. It considers it as memory stick space, which some people playing halo had a lot of troubles with since they needed to download to a hard drive that M$ considers as a hard drive.

In short, I'm not entirely sure but I think it will work

4GB Xbox 360 with a few fighting games will be good enough to have your save data. The problem arises is when you want DLC for those games. SF4 has some pretty big DLC files if I recall.

Also, mr. mortified makes a good point too. Downloading games, like mr. mortified said, will be something else to consider. My original post was only considering buying games that do not need anything like an installation, just save data.

Some games don't let you use the 4GB even if you have enough space. That happened to me with Halo a while back after I got the barebones 360 once my old one broke. Had to get a 128 GB HD on top of it which was another $200 lol

I think it's time to address a few points in a more MATURE manner. Whether Amedeo reads this or not (he says he might not cause he "doesn't care" which is a passive-aggressive option select, good shit), I think it's important to address these issues openly:

The fact is no matter how hard i treid or how hard I hounded this thread it was IMPOSSIBLE to get meetups happeneing, so obv my "commitment" to that game in particular is gonna mean shit if i have no one to play it with. So yea, it was really frustating to be denied practice for a game I was sorely behind in just cause the community is close knit. Like ive said before Im not the only who feels dissappointed by this, whether they openly admit it or not.

It's a shame you weren't around during CS1 when everyone would reach Gety every Friday to play BB/GG/etc. till 2 AM, and we had new blood coming out just to participate and try and stop hour long winstreaks by a variety of players. Was fun times.

CS2 killed the scene in many ways, but a large part of it was because we didn't get an arcade release. It was easily the most convenient location for a lot of us, and eventually interest just died out. You can't really blame us for losing interest though can you?

Thats uh, I cant think of any other word for it sry, but its just plain retarded. And its why i waited till the last min to bail on the car :D

So like I said, I was wondering why you did this. I didn't realize you were being so vindictive, and I didn't actually know it was because Hermes asked for you to be in a different room. I honestly thought Russell was trolling/joking with you about making you sleep on the floor (and tbh, we have gone to tournaments where we fit 7 people in a room and a few of them end up sleeping on the floor), and I thought you were taking Russell's trolling too seriously and were actually assuming we were gonna make you sleep on the floor, even after I assured you via phone that we weren't going to do that lol.

So after discussing the events from last year, it turns out Hermes did ask for you to be in a different room. It wasn't anything personal for what it's worth. I'm going to throw K2 under the bus now and say that K2 was being picky and apparently didn't want to sleep in the same room with people he didn't know, which is why the request was made.

Again, I know you feel wronged, but it's nothing personal.

So one more thing, if u guys dont really care about FGs anymore, why are u the guys organizing tournies, shouldnt, u know the guys who actually foster the community and help grow the community as well as oh idk care about the game and its community be the ones who organize them? Shoudlnt they be considered/labeled not only the community leaders but the core community itself, and not a grouup of old friends who by the admission of all of you only really do this to catch up and hang out?

I admit I just run brackets these days for fun. I don't actually participate in the tournies that I run anymore, so I can focus on running a clean and efficient tourney. Russell can attest to the fact that we're usually very self-sufficient when it comes to running tournies, and we all bring our own equipment and clean up after ourselves.

If there are a lot of you guys who actually care about the game (and I'm assuming you're referring to P4, which none of us play) and want to grow the community, go ahead and ... well ... create your own community and run your own tourneys. It's not like we're stopping you lol. We're all too busy learning TAC infinites in Mahvel.

I'm serious. If there's a P4 community, you guys can do things amongst yourselves cause I'm pretty sure none of the old and sick men in this thread play the game. I know the Waterloo scene has a great P4 scene, and I know they help out when they can whenever tourneys come up, so there's a start (and I want to leverage their help for an eventual airdash local in the future cause I know they care about the game).

As for BB, I don't see anyone aside from Brian playing that these days. Feel free to start something for that.

Anyways, trolling and damage is done. I want to quote Quantum of Win cause I feel his post is rather accurate:

I don't know what kind of attack you suffered in your Aegis thread, but you should understand that it's less about them being closed to new people in the community and more about the enduring personality these guys have. If you actually read this thread, you'll get some context and see that they troll each other as much or more than any newcomers. It's a lot of harsh jokes at peoples' expense. You said you're ready to brush off any pointless drama and flaming; if there is any, you're creating it yourself by taking their comments too seriously. Lighten up and roll with the punches.

So if you're willing to roll with the punches, I'll buy you a beer whenever you have the time.

I'm going to start up monthly team tournies at the pub. Is bb/gg still alive to be included or was last week a one time deal?

Also, the more of these I run the better chance I can add bonuses/prizes down the road.

I'm going to start up monthly team tournies at the pub. Is bb/gg still alive to be included or was last week a one time deal?

Also, the more of these I run the better chance I can add bonuses/prizes down the road.

Do it. It's a really really convenient location.

I think that's a good idea and you should include them. Its a much better location than say A&C, for some people.

I'd like to suggest P4U being added to the roster. I mean... It is a solid game and whatnot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Really convenient location DD, I've reached a seneca pub night back in september when my school wasn't too bad and it really is a great location. As much as I'd like to support the community by coming out, school gets in the way but you guys can always borrow my equipment if you need to.