Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neorussell

Toronto BB and GG: FIENDS ONLY Part II

My god this thread is still going!?  I used to post here under a different username, Broly2012, name's Derek, there's a lot of new names I dont recognize but I remember Zeero and Dice!  What up boys.  It's been like 4 years?  Btw when did Ghetty close?

Anyway, I'm here to see if anyone plays Gundam Extreme VS. Full Burst  I remember seeing it at Ghetty.  I got into it 6 months ago and my buddies and I did a quad ps3 set-up, which is necessary to do local casuals, at my place.  Does anyone play the game/is interested in attending casuals?  The set-up is somewhat mobile so if we have a host spot and 2 extra TVS as I can only transport 2 of the 4 I have set-up.

Man rip Getty. I'm from Markham btw. Don't mind playing casuals locally or online. Think I played you in shuffle last night.

Man rip Getty. I'm from Markham btw. Don't mind playing casuals locally or online. Think I played you in shuffle last night.

You did!  I figured some of the players online must be members of a forum, glad I found at least 1, Im gonna add you on PSN.  Markham is pretty close, I'll send you a friend request so I can let you know the next time Im hosting casuals.

You did!  I figured some of the players online must be members of a forum, glad I found at least 1, Im gonna add you on PSN.  Markham is pretty close, I'll send you a friend request so I can let you know the next time Im hosting casuals.

Cool sounds good.

Oh cool i was about to post about meeting BB players in Toronto. Do you guys play locally or just online? Or both! XD

My psn is Downcast766

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanadianAirDashers/ join this, people don't really post here. (i try to relay some of the events here when i remember)

Playing offline is cool. Where you from in Ontario

I dont have facebook anymore :( but if anything i can make one just for the group.

I live in Toronto on the danforth line. About 45 mins to get to Downtown Toronto.

Theres a game shop called a&c that most of anime stuff is held at. Monthly tournaments and sometimes meetups on Wednesdays. Post and see if people are available

not much of a turnout. rip

Honestly I would have came but the subway closure was too much of a cock-block and would have made my trip home a headache sicne i would be bussing back to Mississauga.

is toronto the deadest (former) anime fight scene

i wanna get back into bureburu and am probably going to pick up cf when it comes out

i don't like playing xrd and i cannot articulate why

Guys we have been holding $1 weekly Guilty Gear Xrd tourneys every Tuesday from at A&C Games 452 Spadina Ave in downtown Toronto for the last 2 months. There are also casuals for BB, P4AUltimax and virtual fighter on Tuesday.

GGXrd and P4A Ultimax (if ppl show up) are also apart of the norther battles monthly tourneys run by Toronto top tiers @ A&C games.

Weekly tourney stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ontimeslackers

Monthly tourney stream: http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanadianAirDashers/

Hey guys. Last time I came to Toronto (and was too sick to attend the weekly and spent the whole time in bed, lol), on the stream the commentator said some Toronto people might be willing to travel to Ottawa for a tournament. Well we're having a tournament!

D5FvK3i.jpg

The Algonquin Video Game Club is partnering with Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo to host a qualifier for their Canada-wide Street Fighter V invitational tournament in April! 
For more information about EGLX, click here: http://eglx.ca/

Super Gonq Battles is happening on March 26, 2015 on the 2nd floor of the Robert C. Gillett Student Commons. [At Algonquin College]
The venue opens at noon for casuals and registration is on-site only. Please send a message if there are any delays in arrival. 

The event is open to all! We are running Super Smash Bros. Melee at noon, Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3) at 2PM, and Street Fighter V (PS4) at 4PM. Each tournament is 2-5 hours long.

There is a one-time venue fee of $10 for tournament participants. Every tournament game requires a separate $10 entry fee that contributes to the tournament winnings. 
There are no fees to enter as a spectator or play casuals; feel free to bring your friends!

You must bring your own controller. Side tournaments will occur on-site if there is interest (8 people and the necessary equipment).

We are looking for volunteer set-ups (monitors and consoles). Participants that supply equipment get a $5 discount on their venue fee.

-------------------------------

I'll be at CEC3 so if anyone is at that and wants to discuss it, great! I don't know how frequently the Toronto regulars read this thread, but if you know anyone who is interested but doesn't read this thread, please let them know. (Or where else I could post this info)

Oh, and if anyone does decide to come, a bunch of Ottawa guys have said they can put up couches or whatever to sleep on. I know it's a long drive for you guys.

If anyone reads this thread, we're hosting a tournament.

http://pastebin.com/c3MEaMfx
Super Gonq Battles #Reload
August 20th 2016 (One day event)
Schedule:
2-4PM Xrd Pools
4-6PM SF5 Pools
6-7 Xrd Top 8
7-8 SF5 Top 8
Signups start at 10 for all games.
Venue closes at midnight, games and casuals can be run until then. Usually we all go out for dinner after it closes. 

Xrd $5
SFV $5
Venue $5
More events can be run if enough players show up.

60/30/10 split for 1st/2nd/3rd for all games.
All game fees go to players and all venue fees go to charity.
Get discounts for bringing setups! We'll waive your venue fee if you bring one!

1385 Woodroffe Ave.
Algonquin College, Robert C. Gillett Student Commons (Building E)
The entire 2nd floor (Smash) and rooms e206a/b

Members of the community can host out-of-towners so ask if you're interested!

I am going to be in Toronto next week for a few days. Specifically in the Downtown area on Avenue Road. Is there anyone that wants to meet up and play some matches? I'll be there for a week. Decent leveled GG player. Not strong but not weak either. Strong BB player. PSN is PS-LoVeBirD

I am going to be in Toronto next week on vacation. Specifically in the Downtown area on Avenue Road. Is there anyone that wants to meet up and play some matches? I'll be there for a week. Decent leveled GG player. Not strong but not weak either. Strong BB player. PSN is PS-LoVeBirD

2 hours ago, LoVeBirD- said:

I am going to be in Toronto next week on vacation. Specifically in the Downtown area on Avenue Road. Is there anyone that wants to meet up and play some matches? I'll be there for a week. Decent leveled GG player. Not strong but not weak either. Strong BB player. PSN is PS-LoVeBirD

post in the facebook group (in my sig) you'll have better luck. Maybe try going to a&c on tuesday.