Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neorussell

Toronto BB and GG: FIENDS ONLY Part II

hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say good luck for T11. Sounds like BB will be close to 50 entrants or maybe even more! That is fantastic. Im sure everyone going will have a blast.

Also wanted to add that I really enjoyed catching up with everyone @ ghetty last friday, and even though Im not feeling FGs (or even video games for that matter) at the moment, I'd love to drop by on a friday in the next cpl weeks and join you guys for dinner and hopefully catch up with those I missed. I'll make an effort to keep in touch here as well.

take care,

Derek

Good game to everybody I played today. I wonder if there'll be any Jin players at T11 besides Poiyo and maybe Linear.

I have to improve my 236D mixup game...I think Ken just jumped out, lol.

Also, good game to the people I played in GG. I'll catch up to you guys in a year or so, lol. Have you guys been playing since Accent Core first came out?

Oh, and my BB rehab caused me to need GG rehab. I dropped practically all my throw combos and stuff today. My balls aren't good enough...need to summon more.

. My balls aren't good enough...need to summon more.

^this

oh yeah gg's to everyone too. Who was that new hazama?

also goddamit hazama is my kryptonite...........

I believe it was Dio who used Hazama against you. He usually plays Hakumen though.

Dio, thanks for teaching me Venom's throw > S Dubious loop, lol.

At least learn some mixup man. Don't rely on DP to get damage.

IMO, all 3 of you (K2, Martine, Linear) need to learn how to pressure with Jin. Jin is not a character where you can rely on poking (i.e. he's not Hakumen). DP is ok, but easily baited.

oh ya, i learned pressure

random 6b and 6d so good

ch 6b combo for 4k is funny

i taught myself to only random dp if i have the meter to cancel so im safe in that department

oh ya, i learned pressure

random 6b and 6d so good

ch 6b combo for 4k is funny

i taught myself to only random dp if i have the meter to cancel so im safe in that department

Don't 6B on Hakumen. Spam 6B on Arakune and Tager.

Also, don't 6D on all three of them.

i just spam grab on haku

if i ever get near him

6d has some i-frames so i end up getting whiffed for counter hit sometimes, although i dont try to spam it too often

At least learn some mixup man. Don't rely on DP to get damage.

IMO, all 3 of you (K2, Martine, Linear) need to learn how to pressure with Jin. Jin is not a character where you can rely on poking (i.e. he's not Hakumen). DP is ok, but easily baited.

No 5C or j.C fishing for counterhit? It seems to work better than rushing in for me.

Also >5k off 623D is really tempting...

For people not good with directions:

Lansdowne to TFNS

A few notes for tomorrow:

-5p-6p would be the best time to come.

-Please bring exact change if possible. $5 for door fee and $10 per game.

-Please do not bring Alcohol, no license to be drinking that in the venue.

-The systems are PS3's, please borrow sticks kindly from your fellow peeps.

-Up to 6 Stations. Station 1 to 6.

-Food are a few steps away from Venue. Bar, Portuguese Resto and 5 min drive to Galleria Mall for more food. (Head East on Dupont).

-You can bring drinks but you cannot bring a 24 bottle case of something. TFNS will sell drinks.

-Food is fine.

If you have any questions, please ask.

NeoRussell

i think my jin has awsome dmg and poking range along with ability to deal with any situation, compare to my rachel

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I might not able to make BBCS tomorrow. If the tourney starts at like 9, I think I could make it.

Dear tomorrow, don't suuuuuuuuuuck.

No 5C or j.C fishing for counterhit? It seems to work better than rushing in for me.

Also >5k off 623D is really tempting...

Of course it's ok to fish for counterhits, but you have to know when to rushdown.

Also, 623D is a really good DP, but don't rely on it. As in, you should know how to get damage on the opponent with relying on them screwing up / not baiting DP.

Obviously, when you have the opportunity to go for a big combo, then go for it.

I dunno, it might be just my preference for playing style (which it probably is), but I prefer DP only when I can get good damage off of it. Sometimes you don't have a choice because you'll die if you don't (i.e. 360/720). Also, I might be influenced by Venom in GG, because he has no DP.

Edit: Yeah K2, Jin is really the "all around" character of BBCS. But that also means he isn't amazing at anything :I:

Edit2: Wait K2...your Jin? The Jin that makes everyone go WTF?

^^b

i am not good in this game, all i got is the gg expereince to back me up in arcsys fighting

let me know wt i am doing wrong with Jin so i can get more wins next time:kitty:

hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say good luck for T11. Sounds like BB will be close to 50 entrants or maybe even more! That is fantastic. Im sure everyone going will have a blast.

Also wanted to add that I really enjoyed catching up with everyone @ ghetty last friday, and even though Im not feeling FGs (or even video games for that matter) at the moment, I'd love to drop by on a friday in the next cpl weeks and join you guys for dinner and hopefully catch up with those I missed. I'll make an effort to keep in touch here as well.

take care,

Derek

What the fuck?! You made an appearance on the one friday i haven't been to for the past like 3 years or something? God damn Derek pick a better day!

Nice hearing from you man, was wonder where you've been lol.

Edit: Yeah K2, Jin is really the "all around" character of BBCS. But that also means he isn't amazing at anything :I:

Edit2: Wait K2...your Jin? The Jin that makes everyone go WTF?

lol he said compared to Rachel.

Roldy keep talking shit, come visit Gety once in a while you're in Ryerson.

Of course it's ok to fish for counterhits, but you have to know when to rushdown.

Also, 623D is a really good DP, but don't rely on it. As in, you should know how to get damage on the opponent with relying on them screwing up / not baiting DP.

Obviously, when you have the opportunity to go for a big combo, then go for it.

*nod* still have trouble with knowing when to rush down.

Was yesterday your last day at Gety though? =T Hope you'll find the time to come on Fridays and good luck with school!

So, day 1 was fun. Finally got to put faces to names (and realize I never played any of you at Lovegety). Made a ton of mistakes but learned a lot and looking forward to some more matches.

yay i didnt get knocked down on the first round for the first time

fuck yeah i made 9th (i think) out of like a bunch of randoms lol

who was the guy that was pink slayer on gg anyways? i was doing pretty well against him with sol and ky, although more so as sol, because everytime he did a BBU i clashed with a VV LOL

Dammit i wish i could have been there to scrub it up but nooooooooooooooooo, I have a family to spend time with.

Thankfully I am cutting any family duties and coming tommorow/today to scrub it up on casuals. Also for those who don't have a 3rd for a team and were considering teams, I'm so very free :3

Either Zeero or Kousaka got 1st, I didn't see the end of it. I got third, Sapphire got fourth I think. And Leo/Tofu were the fifth placers I think. Somebody correct me on these is I'm wrong.