Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The NEWEST NEW ENGLAND THREAD (A FUSION OF STATES)

Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?

• Yes
    • Hell Yes

Casuals on Saturday! For real this time!

I'm in there. :3

I will take a bus up to NH if we get a scene happening... or bum a ride. (For CS anyway, unless someone wants to teach me GG)

Casuals on Saturday! For real this time!

D: i wont be able to go cuz ill be watching the MLG live broadcast stream thing lol allllll weekend XD

D: i wont be able to go cuz ill be watching the MLG live broadcast stream thing lol allllll weekend XD

Ditch it and come play games.

the first game night for pwa will be on the 19th of april, you all better come. bring whatever games you want to play. we could potentially make this as big as we want it, pwa is also willing to run tournaments and supply prizes.

The 19th is on a Tuesday which works great for me. Nuclear Cheese, Light_Nazgul, Max, and Asian Dave all typically work on Tuesdays, I'll invite them, but the chances of them making it down are not good.

I really need a converter so I can practice MVC3. Does anyone have any recommendations on what type to get and where to get them? (I remember there was a thread on SRK a while ago where a guy could order lag free converters from Korea. I don't remember what kind/ the handle of the guy who was doing it/ etc)

Good games last night. It was cool to see you again Tim; I'll talk to Cheese about combos/tactics/videos for Sol; I honestly don't like BlazBlu, but there are others in New England who will play it (most are waiting for CS2's release). Rich, Lawrence, Craig, It was good meeting you. Marvel was a lot of fun, both to watch and play (even though I don't have any combos yet). Craig you picked up Pot's OTG combo quite fast, you'll be fine once you get used to 632146 P input for PotBuster. David Chen, and Zoob also play Pot, If I can get them to come down to Pinball Wizard Arcade, they could show you some stuff.

I will take a bus up to NH if we get a scene happening... or bum a ride. (For CS anyway, unless someone wants to teach me GG)

If you want to learn Guilty Gear I'm going down to Boston for casuals with Max, and David Chen on Monday night. (The three of us mostly play GG but, CapsuleToyco might be coming with me this time, he's big on CS).

Pelham is about an hour from my place, half an hour from Nashua, an hour and 45 minutes from Lebanon, an hour from Boston, 2 hours from Vernon, 2 hours from Amherst. . .

Pinball Wizard address and website:

50 Bridge Street Unit P, Pelham NH

http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com/

maybe we'll end up using 2 or more places for meetups since Pinball Wizard is closer to NH and Boston Ma; Hall Of Gaming would be closer to CT, Amherst MA, NY, and NJ

I really need a converter so I can practice MVC3. Does anyone have any recommendations on what type to get and where to get them? (I remember there was a thread on SRK a while ago where a guy could order lag free converters from Korea. I don't remember what kind/ the handle of the guy who was doing it/ etc)

Here you go.

vyers, are you definitely going to boston monday night? if you are i'll go with you, i'll request to open that day, should be out by 5, if you can stop by and pick me up.

I would like to kindly suggest a weekend day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) for these meet ups. I can't make it during the week, as well as other people who would make the trip otherwise. But I can understand if Tuesdays are the established standard up in NH due to the other casual sessions you've had previously.

vyers, are you definitely going to boston monday night? if you are i'll go with you, i'll request to open that day, should be out by 5, if you can stop by and pick me up.

Yep I already talked to Max and he's up for games Monday. It looks like Boston is about 1 and 1/2 hours from your place so we should arrive around 6:30.

There's a bar we usually go to around 5 called the Penguin Pizza. Mondays they have a special on chicken wings. $1.50 for a plate of wings (the only catch is you have to buy a drink with it, I usually just grab a sprite cause I'm not a beer man). They're pizza's pretty good too.

Would you like to check it out? Max would most likely be willing to wait for us.

edit: It looks like the Penguin won't work out. I guess the place gets really crowded with a long wait by 6:30.

I would like to kindly suggest a weekend day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) for these meet ups. I can't make it during the week, as well as other people who would make the trip otherwise. But I can understand if Tuesdays are the established standard up in NH due to the other casual sessions you've had previously.

monday-wednesday is what works best for the arcade right now. if we can get people to start showing up for that, then i'm sure they will be more than willing to let us run some gatherings on the weekends.

also understand the space we are using is like their party/business room, so it may be booked up on the weekends, which is why we would like to run it on tuesday for the time being.

vyers i will let you know tomorrow after the schedule at work gets made if i can go monday, either way i'll be practicing up on that troll badguy

I live right by the penguin, lol. Where you guys meeting up? Send me a PM, I might like to show up and try to learn some GG

Can I get an estimated headcount for casuals at Furok's tomorrow?

ok, everyone. april 19th will be the first pinball wizard arcade fight night.

there is no venue fee, you can bring whatever games you like, there is also storage there for anyone who wants to bring something and leave it there for future use.

meet ups will be bi weekly, let's make this big, i've been talking with adam there about getting more fighting games like guilty gear, etc etc and he is totally down for it as long as people show up.

we can also hold tournaments and stuff too, once things start to go well we can hold gatherings on the weekends, so i hope everyone can atleast try to make it out for the 19th.

Do you know if they have CRTs so we only have to bring consoles or do we have to bring TVs too?

they only have 2 tv set ups, people need to bring their own stuff. but like i said you can store it there where no one will mess with it.