Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The NEWEST NEW ENGLAND THREAD (A FUSION OF STATES)

Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?

• Yes
    • Hell Yes

RED ALERT the one known as Joey Crack is about to comit Seppuku he's been missing since Evo STAY TUNED to his upcoming thread Kurodasato Consultations. He wanted to leave a present to the region for NEC so please mourn him this Saturday, since that WAS suposed to be his bday.

RIP to the Shakyamuni of Crackanomics

PS Vyers he said we have unfinished TGA business

Anybody looking to buy sticks on the cheap? Check out this post on SRK. Fuckin Round 2 TEs for $100 and free shipping! Deal ends on the 14th of this month.

I have a trailer up in York, Maine that I visit semiregularly. If I'm up, I'll see if we can get something going.

PS: Platinum looks like the best thing ever.

PSS: WTB ride for NEC. ;_;

Are we doing a group buy? I need a new stick regardless.

I won't be buying any since I'm COMPLETELY BROKE but the shipping is free on the Round 2 TE so if you really wanna do a group buy, go for it. Otherwise, just go for it.

RED ALERT the one known as Joey Crack is about to comit Seppuku he's been missing since Evo STAY TUNED to his upcoming thread Kurodasato Consultations. He wanted to leave a present to the region for NEC so please mourn him this Saturday, since that WAS suposed to be his bday.

RIP to the Shakyamuni of Crackanomics

PS Vyers he said we have unfinished TGA business

???? Unfinished business???? Money Match???? BATTLE FOR BAIKEN SUPREMACY!?!? TGA....:gonk::vbang:

Go to your night class, Danny. I'm pretty sure those classes ain't as free as your Noel is.

I know. I like to insult people who can beat me because it makes me feel better about my own incompetence. (I love you, Danny. No homo. :v:) Oh well, HnK is now at Revolution! Shit just got real!

Also, I'll be able to make it to casuals on Thursday because I got someone to switch shifts with me.

Just realized this came into existence by chance so i gots to catch up with a giant multi-quote reply.

when are some of you fighter people gonna start living in Maine. It's only cold 80% of the year, stop being babies.

I live in Rollinsford, NH, which is basically a shared town with South Berwick. I can actually walk for 1 minute from my house and get to the maine border.

And for anyone wondering (cause I was, and looked it up), the EVO monitors from ASUS have a 2ms response time. Just as a comparison.

response time has nothing to do with latency.

If I remember correctly, it can factor in. Response time is how long it takes the pixels on an LCD to actually get the right color, so a slow response time can make for a laggier display ...

The big issue with HDTV lag, though, tends to be more about the fact that HDTVs try to make images scale up real pretty and such, and waste (relatively speaking) shit-tons of time applying some mystical filters that, in reality, do jack shit to make the image any better.

response time is how long it takes one pixel to run from white to black and back to white. ALL response time information you've ever seen is a lie. TV companies started basically making up stats using incorrect tests to advertise their numbers. That's why we get all these silly ads saying 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio when 1) it's a lie and 2) it's not even important. The problem then becomes the fact that everybody else HAS to do the same stuff of else the couple in best buy don't buy their product cause one has a way higher number than the other. Cheese is right about the HDTV issue but there's actually even more to it than that. HDTV broadcasts already cut off information because it's not pretty--there's lots of yellow lines and silly stuff on the actual edges of the information our tv receives. And yes, most every thing your HDTV attempts to do to your picture is dumb, brightness, contrast, and sharpness especially since those don't even do anything to an HDTV because, guess what... there's no tubes to adjust in the back!

Damn, Kona. Get hype for Revolution!

This. I'll be bringing my ssf4 and bbcs game and other peeps.

Also, for the front page, can I get a post about SaltMines Tuesdays in Salem, NH, please? We play ssf4 and bbcs mainly but we've also booted up some MBAA and a bunch of other games and we will be playing KoF13 and MvC3 in the spring.