Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoob

The NEWEST NEW ENGLAND THREAD (A FUSION OF STATES)

Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the newest New England Thread title be PILEDRIVING BISON UP IN THIS BITCH?

• Yes
    • Hell Yes

lol i found the vidoes on youtube... am watching now lol

yeah, i tend to do unsafe things with jin, but at least i can do his hype combos now lol and i learned a few new crossups, frame traps, and resets >__> just gotta get spacing/pressure right and i think my jin will be all set for the CS2 awesome sauce

i picked up bang to counter valk XD lambda - valk matchup thread is stupid on both forums and getting outranged by an old crippled butler with crazy mixup game is ass... i just kind 5A > stuff with bang lol too bad i suck with him lol

UGH!! bored, i will hop on XBL later today lol who shall i expect to see online...?

oh well lol ill be playing starcraft 2/minecraft today then...

mindgam3!?!!four!??!?!? next punch the universe...? :3

Kyoheiiii

:3

The next Punch the Universe is pending. The next set of casuals at the Mindhiv3 are this Saturday, provided there's enough interest.

If anyone is kind enough to pick me up from work at 8pm, I'd be glad to hit up the Mindhiv3.

Did they do anything to 5B? I feel that move alone should still keep him alive. Damage or not.

It's air unblockable now which isn't huge since if you do land an air hit with it, the most you'd be able to do after is 6A > jc > air chombo. 5B is overrated anyways. The thing actually has a few frames of start up and no invul. Unlike say Bang's 5A.

It's air unblockable now which isn't huge since if you do land an air hit with it, the most you'd be able to do after is 6A > jc > air chombo. 5B is overrated anyways. The thing actually has a few frames of start up and no invul. Unlike say Bang's 5A.

It sounds like you'll actually have to predict when an opponent is going to try and jump out of your blockstring in order to use it effectively...I hope this trend of situationally good moves (as opposed to blockstrings that are also combos that are also guard primer breaking strings that are also tech punishes that are also...)will apply to all of the characters after ArcSys stops dropping acid the night before the release of a new BB edition and gives us a game where all the characters are balanced and/or broken in their own respective ways. I'm a bit annoyed at the high level algorithmic play that seems so common, sans the people who play characters that are crippled in such a way as to require the player to be that much more skilled than the other (The Honda/Cammy matchup could never hold a candle to Rachel/Tager simply considering what moves beat what, completely ommiting raw game mechanics). These are my general waiting at the dentist's office opinions.

So, Saturday is a go! I'll also be at Furok's tomorrow, so everyone should come and play games before doing non-game related things on New Year's day/eve.

Danny, are you gonna keep playng Noel in CS2 and be called a top tier whore?

Hi New England. Did you guys get any snow?

We got plowed here in Jersey. GET IT? PLOWED?

after ArcSys stops dropping acid the night before the release of a new BB edition and gives us a game where all the characters are balanced and/or broken in their own respective ways.

Then how are you suggesting GG got to where it is...

Danny, are you gonna keep playng Noel in CS2 and be called a top tier whore?

Dude. After dealing with her shit in CS1, do you really think I'm going to drop her? Come on.

Hi New England. Did you guys get any snow?

We got plowed here in Jersey. GET IT? PLOWED?

Yeah we did. Pretty much whoever decided to host casuals cancelled because of it. New England don't fuck around when it comes to snow.

Any match with a JP announcer and platinum playing and the volume goes straight to 0. Yes yes platinum is cute we get it!

These are my general waiting at the dentist's office opinions.

Aha! Mindgame reveals the secret to his skill! Theory-fighting at the dentist's office ... nobody would have thought of that!

... :sweatdrop:

Also fyi I'll be at Furok's tomorrow (barring anything stupid) since I don't have work this week.

Finally, people that normally don't show up to Furok's is showing up and I have the day off. :D

Looking forward to casuals! What time do they start? And roughly what time will they end? (Okay, the latter question might be silly.)

Just show up some time in the afternoon. Just don't take advantage of the blueNINE time.