Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

http://shoryuken.com/2015/08/26/a-b-a-zappa-fanny-arc-system-works-reveals-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-fan-vote-ballot/

Thoughts, comments, crushed dreams for Leopaldon's magnificent return? D:

I'm looking at HOS on this list and it still amazes me that they decided that Sol's badass factor is so strong that he could kill his younger self, yet still exist because he felt like it.
I'd vote HOS for Lina's sake. I want to see her play again.

Just got here myself as well, in Tucson for school. Looking for some nice offline play, but it looks like most of the scene's down in Phoenix, yeah?

Just got here myself as well, in Tucson for school. Looking for some nice offline play, but it looks like most of the scene's down in Phoenix, yeah?

Welcome (:
Most of us are around the phoenix/tempe area, and pretty much all of our events are as well. But fear not, for I'm sure you could hitch a ride with one of the guys who come down from Tucson for the tournaments. Orrax and Rei-Inari live up there, so you can probably get in touch with them if you want a chance to play offline.

Welcome (:Most of us are around the phoenix/tempe area, and pretty much all of our events are as well. But fear not, for I'm sure you could hitch a ride with one of the guys who come down from Tucson for the tournaments. Orrax and Rei-Inari live up there, so you can probably get in touch with them if you want a chance to play offline.

That'd be appreciated! I'd like to see more of the area as well, anyway. If you can, I've got LINE too so it'd probably be easier to keep in touch there if that's where the activity is. ID: lustrolseizaki

What is this "Line" App and how do I connect with people to it?

It's a free Instant messaging app you can download on PC and/or your Smartphone, tablet, etc. In order to join our group chat you need to create a user ID then have one of us here in the group add you.

How is this superior to Facebook messenger or using the dustloop thread? I want to get in touch with people in the most used method.

How is this superior to Facebook messenger or using the dustloop thread? I want to get in touch with people in the most used method.

We mostly just use the group chat to set up netplay rooms since trying to organize that through this thread can be a hassle. I'm sure that any announcements regarding offline play and any big news or events happening will still be posted here, so joining the group chat isn't an absolute must.

I can't really speak for anyone as to why we're not using Facebook instead of LINE; but deciding to use a LINE chat as opposed to something else like Facebook or Skype was more or less spontaneous. (I don't really use Facebook myself)

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, we tried getting a general idea of what messaging app people would prefer to use a few pages back in this thread and most of those that responded mentioned LINE. 

I've been seeing people interested in playing BBCP:EX here and there so I want to know what you guys think about trying it as a tournament this next month. It would likely be at 2:30pm, taking Persona's place. I still want to alternate blazblue and persona each month, unless blazblue gets enough entrants to let me replace persona altogether. 

Also, I think I've decided on Saturday the 26th for the monthly. I took both dates off work just in case, so I'll set up casuals on the 12th as well.

Hello, and welcome to Tucson! There's not a big air-dasher scene here, unfortunately. We've got 3-4 people who play Guilty Gear, 3-4 people who play UNIEL, 1-2 people who play Persona, and I'm honestly not sure if we have any Blaz players. I haven't even seen anyone play the new Blaz here at all yet, but I've heard some vague interest, so there might be some people. This is in comparison to the 15-20 people who play SF4. On the other hand, no one plays Marvel, so I suppose it's not simply Capcom games.

We typically do a Thursday game night from 6 pm to 11 pm, but it's mostly Street Fighter, and sometimes there's some Xrd. I can give you some more details if you're interested.

Color me kind of interested!? Although I guess you can say my main game is BlazBlue, I've been more and more motivated to pick up UNIEL a bit more seriously than I have been recently, so having people to play with in that regard would definitely help me in terms of picking it up. Is there any sort of meetups for those games in particular?

Ah man. Today is my birthday and all I want to do is play UNIEL offline.. It needs to be September 26th already!!

Ah man. Today is my birthday and all I want to do is play UNIEL offline.. It needs to be September 26th already!!

First, Happy Birthday Dude!

Second, does this mean you're coming to the monthly?!?

First, Happy Birthday Dude!
Second, does this mean you're coming to the monthly?!?

Thanks!

I'll find out for sure as the date approaches. If I can find someone to carpool with, it's definitely happening. Otherwise I'm not too sure but I could probably work something out regardless. Being able to do something like casuals weekly won't happen any time soon, however I should be able to make it to the monthlies..

Color me kind of interested!? Although I guess you can say my main game is BlazBlue, I've been more and more motivated to pick up UNIEL a bit more seriously than I have been recently, so having people to play with in that regard would definitely help me in terms of picking it up. Is there any sort of meetups for those games in particular?

ReixInari, Loli Bacon, and I used to play UNIEL more frequently, but we've all been busy and distracted by other things (I've been focusing on Xrd, ReixInari and Loli Bacon have been playing Force of Will). So, there's not really any regular meetups planned. I don't know about BlazBlue -- I just haven't seen anyone play the new version, although there were several people who used to play the old version.

I can try to see if I can schedule something that works with ReixInari and Loli Bacon's schedules, though. I'm not sure how interested they are in the new BlazBlue, but they both played CP. Another option is to just show up at one of the Thursday gatherings and bring an UNIEL/BlazBlue setup and see who you can get to play with you. I'm usually at the Thursday gatherings and I'm down to play some UNIEL, and hopefully we can drum up some interest in BlazBlue.

Thanks!

I'll find out for sure as the date approaches. If I can find someone to carpool with, it's definitely happening. Otherwise I'm not too sure but I could probably work something out regardless. Being able to do something like casuals weekly won't happen any time soon, however I should be able to make it to the monthlies..

Happy late birthday >.>

Fite me offline and let me suck the Akatsuki powers from you (b ゜ ͜>゜) b

An Arizona "major" and anime gets left out =(

I don't know if I should be sad or if I should try reaching out to the organizer. Though I'm not sure if we would even have the resources to run even a side tourney.

I saw a quick announcement about it and got excited, but "major" seems a little grandiose.

Melee, ultra, marvel, ki, and p:m...ki and a mod but no anime.

An Arizona "major" and anime gets left out =(

I don't know if I should be sad or if I should try reaching out to the organizer. Though I'm not sure if we would even have the resources to run even a side tourney.

The "nice" response would be to reach out to the organizer(s) and see what's up... although someone would have to run point on it, and that may be the issue. Is there anyone in Tucson that runs stuff for GG/UNIEL/P4A/BB/etc..? That and who would show up for it? Would anyone from SoCal or Vegas even bother coming out (never mind further-flung regions)? Hell, would there be any locals beyond who already shows up for the UAT tournaments?

Can't be any worse than when the Melty community here was trying to deal with JediRobb back with Devastation 2010.

Happy late birthday >.>

Fite me offline and let me suck the Akatsuki powers from you (b ゜ ͜>゜) b

I'll try teaching you anything you'd like to know if we ever play in person. I have a ton of knowledge on the character (and the game in general) that probably shouldn't go to waste. 

And regarding the news with the major... I'm disappointed that there's no anime in the line up. Would have assumed there'd be Xrd at the very least, even though I don't really care for that game

The "nice" response would be to reach out to the organizer(s) and see what's up... although someone would have to run point on it, and that may be the issue. Is there anyone in Tucson that runs stuff for GG/UNIEL/P4A/BB/etc..? That and who would show up for it? Would anyone from SoCal or Vegas even bother coming out (never mind further-flung regions)? Hell, would there be any locals beyond who already shows up for the UAT tournaments?

Can't be any worse than when the Melty community here was trying to deal with JediRobb back with Devastation 2010.

There's not really anyone who runs things for anime games in Tucson. Nick (who I believe is at least in part behind the "major") has been receptive to people running anime games at events, but he's certainly not going to do it himself. I'm sorry to say that I'm not surprised that anime games have been left off the roster.

I'd like to run something, but my schedule can be pretty hectic, so I unfortunately cannot commit to anything yet.

I'd offer to stream the airdash stuff easily, but I don't have a car to carry my computer nor do I have any sound equipment outside of a singular microphone. :x

But yeah, it does kind of sting. Side tourney info will be dropping soon, so i'll keep watch over it.

https://www.rewiredaz.com/ <--- Link if you wanted it.