Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

How the hell did the FGC get the 99 Cent store to sponsor this?

I'm attempting to come up with a witty response to this, but I was laughing to hard to think of one.

A "major" here in AZ? That's news to me. Though I can't remember the last time I saw a major that had such few titles. Also lol @99 cent store. That's what I thought when I first saw it.

A "major" here in AZ? That's news to me. Though I can't remember the last time I saw a major that had such few titles. Also lol @99 cent store. That's what I thought when I first saw it.

Looks like Driftwood is trying to carry the majority of this on his back. I give him props for not trying to do too many games at once though for the first big AZ event since that old major I don't remember the name of.

Doesn't mean i'm any less heated about Xrd not being in but Project M being main, but we just have to make our voices louder. How we go about doing that, i'm thinking of right now.

the first big AZ event since that old major I don't remember the name of.

Devastation. The actual name of the event, not the adjective. Although it should be at this point.

Can't be any worse than when the Melty community here was trying to deal with JediRobb back with Devastation 2010.

FTFY.

Can someone link me information for the major.

Also, its not a major. It's a regional. Hopefully they have decent pot bonuses for the games that ARE there and they can draw out strong players from at least a few of the surrounding states for those games. Until it's been consistently around for a few years, with money and strong players involved (incentives for people to travel), new tournaments won't be too big. The exceptions would be tournaments run by hugely popular tournament organizers like Alex Jebailey or Big E.

I hope it has a decent turnout, I really do. I'm somewhat tempted to go down there with my setup and stream equipment to run side tournaments all day, but I don't know the details of the event yet.

edit: Don't know how I missed the link, my bad. November 14th and 15th... I'll see if it's something I can do and then I'll contact Nick Going.

Looks like Driftwood is trying to carry the majority of this on his back. I give him props for not trying to do too many games at once though for the first big AZ event since that old major I don't remember the name of.
Doesn't mean i'm any less heated about Xrd not being in but Project M being main, but we just have to make our voices louder. How we go about doing that, i'm thinking of right now.

I can't even be mad at Project M being there, knowing how stupidly huge the PM scene in AZ is.

I think it really just comes down to someone stepping up to run stuff and to work out whatever logistical issues. How many additional setups would they need? Is there even enough space to add one or two more games? Who would create the brackets? I would be willing to help make this happen (work issues aside), but I would not be comfortable running point on this as I have never interacted with any of the TOs previously at all (or if I did, it was years ago back when the AIAB tournaments were still A Thing).

Boy I sure hope they run another HoN tournament >.>

When's DJ Hero?

I have no issue with Project M, don't get me wrong. I'm just miffed there's no airdash rep. Again, that's where we just have to make ourselves more noticable.

I'll keep up with Nick(Dirftwood) and see what would need to be done. He stated that more info on setting up side tournaments is coming soon, so I'll keep you guys updated with that. You always have me to act as liaison since i'm at TGZ/Facebook all the time and see the folks there frequently enough.

I think it really just comes down to someone stepping up to run stuff and to work out whatever logistical issues. How many additional setups would they need? Is there even enough space to add one or two more games? Who would create the brackets?

Pretty much this. I definitely want to help out in making at least a side tourney happen, but given that this is a brand new event it makes things hard to plan. Even if we do figure everything out, we still need to create enough interest from other areas/states to make sure this isn't just an overblown UAT get-together.

I talked to Nick. He's receptive to running anime games as side tournaments -- in fact, he seemed to encourage it. He's also receptive to possibly running one or two anime games as main games (assuming we can get him the details within a reasonable amount of time). His main concern is that he wants to make sure any main game has a reliable source of setups and a reliable person to run the game -- he said the reason there are no anime games in the main lineup was because he's not familiar with the anime community and didn't know who to ask. He's also concerned with the possibility of filling up the venue (although I don't think that's too likely unless the Smash turnout is enormous), which limits the number of main games.

So, it sounds like we could probably run Xrd as a main game, and possibly one more, and we should be able to run anything else as side tournaments. Nick also said for whoever's running games to contact him so the details can be worked out.

Actually this would be a good chance to put az on the culinary map.

Which state will be on the chopping block?

LOL

Chopped was brought up at work last week and I brought up the otter pops cream cheese and flintstone vitamins joke and they fucking DIED.

and no release date for console UNIEL[st] despite it coming to arcades first :<

ASW publishing was a mistake

To be fair, French Bread isn't exactly known for an optimal release schedule either. This new DFC is a bit of an exception.

P4U 2.0 when??

and no release date for console UNIEL[st] despite it coming to arcades first :<

ASW publishing was a mistake

This man speaks the truth. I hope there's Shizuo buffs in the new DFC, at the very least.

For those of you in AZ (or folks from out of state who are going to attend), if you plan on going to Rewired could you please answer this survey? It would greatly assist with getting the GG, UNIEL, etc. tournaments up and running. Just need it to get a general feel of what supply we have to try and get this going.

If we're trying to get more than AZ people in here for this tournament, 2 months is understandably a bit of a tight squeeze depending on the state, but it'd be appreciated if we got a response.

http://goo.gl/e8xogT <--- Thank you Bearell for making this.
Rewiredaz.com <--- Tournament main site

"Yo. Where my waifus, otakus, weaboos and w/e you call em at? IDK... but I know where they should be! The new AZ Regional because GUILTY GEAR IS NOW ON THE OFFICIAL GAME LIST. REGISTER NOW." --Driftwood

We're live as an officially recognized side tournament! So, let's do what we can to not have this flop. Sign-ups are available on the main site right now.

I'll look further into communications and stuff, but I'm gonna stream for a bit then get right back in it.