Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

So....... it's a side tournament or a main game? I'm confused.

Anyways, if there's a chance I can go, then I'll try my best to make it.

So....... it's a side tournament or a main game? I'm confused.

Anyways, if there's a chance I can go, then I'll try my best to make it.

The site currently lists it as a side game, and it looks like they're still looking for someone to run it.

Heck, at this point I want to know what's the difference for planning purposes on their end?

The site currently lists it as a side game, and it looks like they're still looking for someone to run it.

Heck, at this point I want to know what's the difference for planning purposes on their end?

i'm confused as well. If there isn't currently a TO for xrd then it seems like it was just thrown in to appease us and the job of running it is left to us.

We have been discussing running the tournament but we're by no means anywhere ready to officially announce it, let alone if any one of us will be able to act as TO. We're basically obligated to run it now...

From talking to Nick yesterday, I think he wanted to know if he could get enough people to warrant dedicating stream time to the game. He was asking me if we could get 20 people, and I told him we've had that many or more before, but that I haven't seen a bunch of them play for a while. I also thought he was going to post here -- maybe he just wants to gauge registration? That may also have to do with the "side game" status.

I'm also a bit concerned about not having a tournament organizer yet. I don't recall talking to Nick about it. We talked about setups -- between the people who said they could bring setups and Marvin's extra ASUS monitors, we thought we could get enough. I think he wanted to assure us that we would at least have Xrd since we should be able to bring enough setups, but I wish he had made that post here first to work out the details.

I created an event page for September's Monthly tournaments. Blablue replaces Persona this month, and they will alternate places afterwards (unless BB does very well, in which case I would prefer that it stays every month). Sorry it took so long for me to set up a page for this. I'll work with Jimmy to get a date set for next month asap, so that it will be easier for everyone to plan their time.

The event page is located here -->  https://www.facebook.com/events/157011647976022/
If I don't already have you added on facebook, go ahead and send me a friend request. This way I can invite you personally to future events, and make it easier for you to see when these things are happening.

Tournament Information:

This is the monthly event for fighting games in Arizona. There will be tournaments and casuals all day for all of the games listed below. Remember, this is a FREE event. There is no venue fee or entry fee! Stop by to practice, to learn, to compete, and show everyone what you're made of!

The event will be located at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) in room 201 on the second floor of the main building (the building closest to Baseline road). Just follow the sound of arcade sticks and you should be good.

I will be there by 1:00pm setting up the stream. Feel free to stop by then for casuals before the first tournament, and throughout the day.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BRING SETUPS FOR CASUALS. The more the merrier.

Games will be: 
-2:30pm, BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend [PS3]
*signups end at 2:15
-4:30pm, Under Night in-Birth Exe:Late [PS3]
*signups end at 4:15
-6:30pm, Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- [PS3]
*signups end at 6:15

Format/Rules (all tournaments):
-double elimination
-all matches are 2 out of 3 wins
-grand finals is 3 out of 5 wins
-regarding disconnecting controllers, paused matches, etc. it's up to the players what happens. I don't think anyone here is going to make a scene because your controller disconnected, especially since there's no money on the line.

All games will be run on PlayStation 3. If you use an xbox stick or pad, I'm sure you will be able to borrow a PS3 stick or controller for your matches. We're all pretty good guys, so just ask.
Please note that this is a tentative schedule. I'm not absolutely certain that each tournament will be completed within two or three hours. This is just a ballpark estimate of times for now. Please show up early for the tournament(s) you plan on entering so I can set up the brackets and ensure it runs somewhat smoothly. If you show up after the tournament starts and the bracket has been finalized, there wont be anything I can do. PLEASE BE ON TIME!

I'm going to reiterate that this is a FREE event. No money is involved with admission or entering tournaments. There aren't any tournament pots or prizes. I'm just working part time and can't really afford to throw any more money at these events than I already have. In the future I'll look into the possibility of some sponsors/donations and maybe we can have some small prizes that way.

I hope to see a good turnout! It should be fun!
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Is anyone here going to SCR? I just realized its the weekend that coincides with my fall break, so going may be a possibility for me. Curious if I'd be able to tag along with anyone.

So just saying as far as brackets go and pools etc. I could help run Xrd at rewired. I'm running KI and possible going to be running MKX. I'll talk more to nick about it and who I have to talk to in helping with it. Seeing as I already did this for TGZ ranbats I'm more then happy to help the community out. 

Any questions you guys need answered. I have my own I need to ask him but if you guys want to include something let me know and I will get back to you. 

Does anyone know the internet situation at the venue for rewired? I might be able to stream, but I don't want to haul all my stuff down there if it's just going to be a slideshow.

Hey Dippy, I was trying to find that tool for Melty that you mentioned at a RanBat awhile ago that you said supposedly tunes the game's input lag to more closely emulate an arcade experience, I found the ez button remapper tool (which is cool) but I couldn't find anything else. Can you point me in the right direction, or correct me for hearing what you meant incorrectly?

Hey Dippy, I was trying to find that tool for Melty that you mentioned at a RanBat awhile ago that you said supposedly tunes the game's input lag to more closely emulate an arcade experience, I found the ez button remapper tool (which is cool) but I couldn't find anything else. Can you point me in the right direction, or correct me for hearing what you meant incorrectly?

Is CCCaster what you're looking for?

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/melty-blood-auditorium/cccaster-v1-0a-netplay-client-for-mbaacc-1-4-0/msg106419/#msg106419

It looks like that's just the netplay client, not what I was looking for.

If I remember correctly, that Caster client plays similar to the arcade version. You can do versus offline and training mode with it too.

Though I may be wrong so don't quote me on that.

I dont know of any tool that tunes the input buffer. CCCaster lets you set input delay and rollback as well as map buttons really easy for offline play which is probably what he was talking about.

Does anyone know the internet situation at the venue for rewired? I might be able to stream, but I don't want to haul all my stuff down there if it's just going to be a slideshow.

I'll get more info and get back to you. From what I was told we should be solid on internet since we will have a main stream but if we could do multiple streams I think that would be solid. 

Alright so I spoke to the main TO and for stream they will work out a way to get xrd on stream but no promises. Unfortunately the bandwidth might not support multiple streams and they want to guarantee the main stream won't have issues. As for pools and brackets if anyone wants to help out please volunteer at www.rewiredaz.com I'm going to work along side the main TO to help run the bracket but any other support is helpful. As well as if you have any other questions you can contact him directly on the website under contacts. 

Let me know if you guys have any other direct questions I might be able to answer. 

Someone either really wanted to feel nostalgic again or was just really bored. Can't tell yet.

"Nostalgic" and "Bored"
Yes. That's what we call it nowadays.

For real though, Jam is looking interesting. It makes me wonder why people keep saying she doesn't look as good as she did in previous iterations.

Must be the frame data.

For real though, Jam is looking interesting. It makes me wonder why people keep saying she doesn't look as good as she did in previous iterations.

Must be the frame data.

Have not looked at her move data since I'm done with Xrd until further notice, but FB Puffball, the bullshit properties on AC 6HS, or her old throw FRC went a long way in making people love/hate her.  Given that Xrd has been making characters closer to their #R iterations, she likely doesn't have the stupid shit from AC, and the new RC system screws her throw FRC.  Not looking as good as previous iterations doesn't mean she can't be good in the present one.  Look at Zato; Xrd incarnation is shit compared to #R or AC, but he's still really good.

From what i've seen, she's pretty good. You dont need meter to convert off her throw anymore, her new 5HS vacuums, you don't need cards to do her rekkas, and carded rekkas give all the combo potential in the world. I'm thinking they might just be trying to compare her to her AC version too much in their opinion of calling her current version not as good.

I would think that the new roman system is a boon for her like it is for nearly everyone else in the cast.

Nah her animations and waifuness got upgraded but everything else looks kinda meh.

Also I just booted up AC to check - they weren't striped before.

Hey guys new around here, and new to the scene in general. I played BB back when CT was around and a tad bit XX (#Reload I want to say?) back when hamachi was how you played on net. I've been playing a bit of melee lately but that just got me thinking about 2Ds, so I picked up a stick and XRD. I'm on the scottsdale / phoenix edge (near PVCC if anyone knows about that) if anyone ever wants to play.

Do you think going to the monthly would be an ok experience tomorrow even if I'm literally a scrub? I don't mind losing I just don't want to be the annoying guy that people are bothered to play since its not much challenge / fun haha.

Are there more frequent meet-ups? Do you guys play at Endgame or anything?

Also Ill be at Rewired for melee / XRD so if I don't go to the monthly I guess I'll meet you all there!