Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

Jam looks nerfed from #Reload. She got a few buffs, but nothing can replace the absurdity of throw FRC with no proration, and her charged kicks got really nerfed. Charged dragon kick in #Reload did 1/4 life raw. That said, she looks fun in this version. I'm curious to see how she turns out.

Hey guys new around here, and new to the scene in general. I played BB back when CT was around and a tad bit XX (#Reload I want to say?) back when hamachi was how you played on net. I've been playing a bit of melee lately but that just got me thinking about 2Ds, so I picked up a stick and XRD. I'm on the scottsdale / phoenix edge (near PVCC if anyone knows about that) if anyone ever wants to play.

Do you think going to the monthly would be an ok experience tomorrow even if I'm literally a scrub? I don't mind losing I just don't want to be the annoying guy that people are bothered to play since its not much challenge / fun haha.

Are there more frequent meet-ups? Do you guys play at Endgame or anything?

Also Ill be at Rewired for melee / XRD so if I don't go to the monthly I guess I'll meet you all there!

Hello, and welcome!

I don't know what's going on in Phoenix these days, but I think going to the monthly would be a good experience. At the very least, you'll get to meet people in the local scene, get some tournament experience, and play some casuals. And I wouldn't worry about being a newbie. Everyone was there at some point, and you need to play to get better. I think everyone understands that.

Hey guys new around here, and new to the scene in general. I played BB back when CT was around and a tad bit XX (#Reload I want to say?) back when hamachi was how you played on net. I've been playing a bit of melee lately but that just got me thinking about 2Ds, so I picked up a stick and XRD. I'm on the scottsdale / phoenix edge (near PVCC if anyone knows about that) if anyone ever wants to play.

Do you think going to the monthly would be an ok experience tomorrow even if I'm literally a scrub? I don't mind losing I just don't want to be the annoying guy that people are bothered to play since its not much challenge / fun haha.

Are there more frequent meet-ups? Do you guys play at Endgame or anything?

Also Ill be at Rewired for melee / XRD so if I don't go to the monthly I guess I'll meet you all there!

Do you have a smart phone? If so, get Line and join our chat group.
You should come tomorrow at the very least for causals with us, but yes there's nothing to lose for playing in the tourney.

Do you have a smart phone? If so, get Line and join our chat group.

You should come tomorrow at the very least for causals with us, but yes there's nothing to lose for playing in the tourney.

I don't know what's going on in Phoenix these days, but I think going to the monthly would be a good experience. At the very least, you'll get to meet people in the local scene, get some tournament experience, and play some casuals. And I wouldn't worry about being a newbie. Everyone was there at some point, and you need to play to get better. I think everyone understands that.

Ok you've convinced me, I'll probably get there around 4:30-5ish. I do have a smartphone and I just got Line, whats the name of the chat group? Not sure how it works really. My "Line ID" or whatever is rozweld though so maybe you can add me. 

Thanks for being so welcoming guys, psyched to get good and be a part of this local scene.

So gg's to everyone, was great to see a lot of you again. The next part of this is gonna be kinda long. On our way back me and Luke thought of some absolutely wonderful ideas for ranbats in the future. First we have the Happy Merkava Dance Day  ranbats, the main game obviously being UNIEL, but everyone may only play Merkava and may only enter the ranbat with a tag that fits the character theme. Some approved names would be are: Spagoooter arms, Dubstep Bat, Death Chicken, Jazz Hands, Spin that Shit DJ Merkava, and waky wavying inflatable flailing arm tube man. Other handle suggestions are welcome, but again must fit the character. The next one up  is Lizard Wizard Weekend, again the game would be UNIEL, Just everyone must play Choas nothing else to it. Third we have the Trash bats, this will be a double load ranbat with DFC and BBBR. For DFC everyone would have to play Shizuo, and for BBBR everyone would have to play Ren. Lastly and possibly what will be the most intense ranbat of them all is SHO-Time. P4U2utgrehio;gfrbiualsgfbui I don't even know the title to this game anymore fuck it #besttyperhurrr would be the game and everyone has to play one of the Sho's. For steam matches if any of this actually becomes a thing that actually happens and is streamed, Shades are required for both players and anyone found to not have shades on will result in an automatic game loss. I'm probably forgetting something so there might be some edits to this post or just some new posts depending on how lazy I feel.

yo trash bats? We need some poverty up in this and I know the perfect game

REQUIEM FINAL

look at this game and tell me you don't want to play it

(as shitty as it looks it's actually really fun)

AZ is the poverty state and I feel this should be reflected in our majors. Someone talk to Nick about streaming this game at Rewired.

I'm also in favor of running a random games tourney where we randomly pick like 5-6 poverty games out of a hat and run sets in those.

So gg's to everyone, was great to see a lot of you again. The next part of this is gonna be kinda long. On our way back me and Luke thought of some absolutely wonderful ideas for ranbats in the future. First we have the Happy Merkava Dance Day  ranbats, the main game obviously being UNIEL, but everyone may only play Merkava and may only enter the ranbat with a tag that fits the character theme. Some approved names would be are: Spagoooter arms, Dubstep Bat, Death Chicken, Jazz Hands, Spin that Shit DJ Merkava, and waky wavying inflatable flailing arm tube man. Other handle suggestions are welcome, but again must fit the character. The next one up  is Lizard Wizard Weekend, again the game would be UNIEL, Just everyone must play Choas nothing else to it. Third we have the Trash bats, this will be a double load ranbat with DFC and BBBR. For DFC everyone would have to play Shizuo, and for BBBR everyone would have to play Ren. Lastly and possibly what will be the most intense ranbat of them all is SHO-Time. P4U2utgrehio;gfrbiualsgfbui I don't even know the title to this game anymore fuck it #besttyperhurrr would be the game and everyone has to play one of the Sho's. For steam matches if any of this actually becomes a thing that actually happens and is streamed, Shades are required for both players and anyone found to not have shades on will result in an automatic game loss. I'm probably forgetting something so there might be some edits to this post or just some new posts depending on how lazy I feel.

I just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly approve of this post. Also, for Lizard Wizard Weekend, perhaps we could require people enter with a name suitable to the Lizard Wizard theme? Like, I don't know, Gila-mancer or something. Ok, maybe that's not a very good example, but you get the idea.

GGs everyone! Thanks to everyone who helped run it, and congrats to all the winners.

The highlight of my Guilty Gear career appears to be doing Dragon Install and running full screen into an already active 5D.

The scream at 1:14:22 describes the amount of hype this is. Rewired please.

GGs everyone! Thanks for being so welcoming. Sorry about my crappy XRD set up, Ill hopefully bring a better monitor next time. 

yo trash bats? We need some poverty up in this and I know the perfect game

REQUIEM FINAL

I'm willing to go pretty low for fighting games, but this looks like it's currently boiling in hell. I thought my Youtube was lagging as I watched the character select screen, but turns out it was just the game.

That ranbat was way more fun than I was expecting, damn. Although I'm still kind of confused as to how I ended up doing commentary for Xrd the entire tournament.

When are the true AZ ranbats (MBCC and +R)? (Whenever I get off my butt and do it, I guess. Maybe for the next ranbat?)

The highlight of my Guilty Gear career appears to be doing Dragon Install and running full screen into an already active 5D.

Here's the stream archive, for anyone that cares. Definitely the buss-ass play of the night. :p Although Chumaralupa and myself trying to find out who can mash Eltnum's 2B harder was right up there, as well.

Although Chumaralupa and myself trying to find out who can mash Eltnum's 2B harder was right up there, as well.

I was honestly more interested in seeing how far we could go with those trades than winning itself.

Here's the stream archive, for anyone that cares. Definitely the buss-ass play of the night. :p Although Chumaralupa and myself trying to find out who can mash Eltnum's 2B harder was right up there, as well.

Well, it's not like it's the first time I've done something embarrassing in a fighting game.

Speaking of Eltum's 2B battles, here's one of the 2B trade wars: http://www.twitch.tv/rathfgc/v/17913249?t=3h06m20s. I think there are two more in the set.

I was honestly more interested in seeing how far we could go with those trades than winning itself.

I'm just gonna imagine that those 2B wars were you guys brushing off the dust since last ranbat.

GG's to everyone yesterday, it was great seeing all of you again since EVO. Thanks to all the newcomers for coming out: Roz, Var, and Squish (as well as Gunth, Project L, and Mat whom I'm not sure are here on DL). I hope you guys enjoyed it and come out next time as well. It's looking like the next one will be on the 24th of October since Ryan and I will be busy with SCR and Ceo-taco til then. I'd wait to plan until Ryan makes the official announcement though. 

Brackets:

BBCPEX: http://challonge.com/bearellBB

UNIEL: http://challonge.com/bearellUNIEL1

XRD: http://challonge.com/bearellXrd1

I understand that some folks hate Facebook. Alternatively, I also understand that some people despise Dustloop. To give as many people as many ways to find out about what's going on in the world of the games labeled as "Airdashers", I've went ahead and opened up a page specifically for that branch of fighting game style.

Feel free to hop on, but seeing as how this was literally thrown together within the past 10 minutes and nobody has joined yet, it's still a bit of a WIP. That said, have at it folks.

Don't worry though. I'm still gonna be around to pester you. ;)

Edit: Here's the link by the way. forgot to post it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AZAirdash/

Oh wow I didn't even notice we had a thread here. Now I can promote my mixtapes here too!

Hi guys Don here making my absolutely late announcement, see you next year

Just in case anyone is looking here, there is a ranbat at UAT tomorrow for BBCPEX/UNIEL/GGXrd. I will also have a setup for MBCC/GGAC+R and will probably run a quick side tournament for MB (and probably corral someone into running one for GGAC+R).

I also had a couple people ask about Aquap**ow**.

GG's all. It was another fun monthly and thanks to all who came despite the somewhat short notice. Dippy I promise we'll get around to aquapazza next time (right after Vanguard Princess).

Here are the brackets for those who are interested. Congrats to all the winners: Steve with his second consecutive BB win, Ryan with another UNIEL win, and Luke taking his first Xrd tournament. Also good showing from Will making it to grand finals in xrd. 

BBCPEX: http://challonge.com/AZ_BB_October

UNIEL: http://challonge.com/AZ_UNIEL_October_Backup

Xrd: http://challonge.com/AZ_XRD_October