Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

Thanks everyone for showing up yesterday. Everything ran pretty smoothly, even though we were one or two setups short of what we usually have for xrd. I'll try to set a date for next month's tournament asap, to give everyone time to make arrangements if they are able to go.

GGs everyone. Big thanks Darrel and everyone else who helped run the stream and brackets too. Maybe we can set up casuals once or twice at UAT before the next big event.

GG's all. It was another fun monthly and thanks to all who came despite the somewhat short notice. Dippy I promise we'll get around to aquapazza next time (right after Vanguard Princess).

When's Requiem Final tho

WHEN

So, there's been some misinformation about Xrd at Rewired. Xrd is still at Rewired as a side tournament -- nothing has changed. But there's only a few days left for registration (which closes November 1st), so if you haven't signed up yet, please do so soon! I'd love to see a good turnout.

The reason it wasn't showing up on the website was because of a problem where a backup copy of the site had to be used, which just happened to not have Xrd on it, and Nick missed it. So, yeah, Xrd is still happening. I hope to see you all there!

For the few people that don't follow shenanigans on Facebook or LINE, Rath has posted the page for the next monthly ranbat. Hopefully people can recover enough from Thanksgiving and Black Friday to make it out.

I'm thinking of running the MB side tournament a bit differently, as either a round-robin or a swiss-style event to get people playing other people more. And yes I will bring Aquapazza this time, nerds. :< (Watch as nobody actually asks to play it this time.)

I'm in the east side of Tucson for thanksgiving and I'd like to play in the monthly, but I don't know that I can get a ride. Is anyone here around that area who could give me a lift?

1 hour ago, Crimefighter said:

I'm in the east side of Tucson for thanksgiving and I'd like to play in the monthly, but I don't know that I can get a ride. Is anyone here around that area who could give me a lift?

Ah, damn. I usually end up driving people from Tucson, but I can't this week because I'm already in Phoenix for the holiday. Good luck finding someone.

On 11/28/2015, 12:31:49, Orrax said:

Ah, damn. I usually end up driving people from Tucson, but I can't this week because I'm already in Phoenix for the holiday. Good luck finding someone.

Hey, think I could hit you up sometime if I need a lift? I'm in the Tucson area and would like to get out here more! I'm also poor and a student please help me

Sure, that will most likely be fine. Just PM me/hit me up on Line/whatever a few days before the next monthly and I'll let you know if I can drive you.

Man, I'm posting March '16 monthly results on the same page as the results from October of last year. Dustloop really bit the....dust........ahahahahaha...........

Anyway, as usual, thanks again for everyone who dropped by and played. Hope ya'll had fun after our long break. Thanks for running the side games Dippy, DFCI is actually hella fun and the Nitro+ tourney was pretty hype. 

Results

Xrd: http://challonge.com/azairMarch16

Uniel: http://challonge.com/azairUnielMar16

BB: http://challonge.com/azairBlazMar16

My UNIEL rust is so apparent. I need to learn patience in Nitro+ though, once people just block I have a hard time getting in. This was lots of fun though, I wish we could make Nitro+ a regular thing but I guess that's not in the cards.

GGs ya'll.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

More nitro+ kinda sounds good. I really wanna run nitro on stream to get some match footage to look over. 

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to Dustloop, but I've been in Tucson struggling to play fighting games for like a year now, so I figured this was worth a shot! I really want to find people in the area to play against, since I haven't had much experience outside of netplay. I've been playing BB since CS up until CP, but lost some interest in the series since then, though I've been looking into getting CF whenever it comes out. Aside from that, I'm interested in UNIEL, and am currently trying to get good at Melty. 

Do you guys meet up in Tucson at all? Or is most of the activity in Phoenix? My LINE ID is hakanumi btw!

I searched that ID on Line, and I couldn't find it, can you recheck it? Your ID isn't necessarily the same others see you as.

2 hours ago, Chumaralupa said:

I searched that ID on Line, and I couldn't find it, can you recheck it? Your ID isn't necessarily the same others see you as.

Oh! I double checked my settings and I had the add by ID option off due a recent incident, sorry for the trouble! It should work now

2 hours ago, hakanumi said:

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to Dustloop, but I've been in Tucson struggling to play fighting games for like a year now, so I figured this was worth a shot! I really want to find people in the area to play against, since I haven't had much experience outside of netplay. I've been playing BB since CS up until CP, but lost some interest in the series since then, though I've been looking into getting CF whenever it comes out. Aside from that, I'm interested in UNIEL, and am currently trying to get good at Melty. 

Do you guys meet up in Tucson at all? Or is most of the activity in Phoenix? My LINE ID is hakanumi btw!

Hello hakanumi. There's not much going on in Tucson right now for anime fighters, as far as I know. You can try posting in the Tucson fighting game community Facebook page here and seeing if there's any interest: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tucsonfgc/?ref=bookmarks

There are regular meetups in Tucson, but it's almost all SF5 and Melee. I used to show up and bring Guilty Gear, and I'll probably start that again soon with Revelator. There used to be some interest in UNIEL, but it's waned over time, and the new version still not having a release date isn't helping. A few people (myself included) have some interest in Melty. I've seen a few people interested in Blaz (e.g. LustrolSeizaki's post above), so it might be possible to get a few people together, but I don't know who's currently playing it.

Most of the regular anime fighter meetups are in Phoenix. There's currently a series of bi-weekly Evo-prep tournaments being held. You can find info for the upcoming one here: https://www.facebook.com/events/248200072237824/254221351635696/?notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity&notif_id=1465279613492507

15 hours ago, Orrax said:

Hello hakanumi. There's not much going on in Tucson right now for anime fighters, as far as I know. You can try posting in the Tucson fighting game community Facebook page here and seeing if there's any interest: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tucsonfgc/?ref=bookmarks

There are regular meetups in Tucson, but it's almost all SF5 and Melee. I used to show up and bring Guilty Gear, and I'll probably start that again soon with Revelator. There used to be some interest in UNIEL, but it's waned over time, and the new version still not having a release date isn't helping. A few people (myself included) have some interest in Melty. I've seen a few people interested in Blaz (e.g. LustrolSeizaki's post above), so it might be possible to get a few people together, but I don't know who's currently playing it.

Most of the regular anime fighter meetups are in Phoenix. There's currently a series of bi-weekly Evo-prep tournaments being held. You can find info for the upcoming one here: https://www.facebook.com/events/248200072237824/254221351635696/?notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity&notif_id=1465279613492507

Oh, that's a shame. I'll see if I can post there sometime then. If you, or anyone else, would be bringing over any anime fighters, would it be posted in the facebook group rather than Dustloop/LINE? 

And yeah, currently I've only managed to play with LustrolSeizaki over at the university, but it'd be great if a bigger group could get together for it. They also have an interest in Melty and UNIEL, so if you were in Tucson and wanted to try Melty or something out, you should let us know. 

Thanks for the info! I'll be keeping an eye out for it, though I doubt I can make it to Phoenix during the summer unfortunately.

18 hours ago, hakanumi said:

Oh! I double checked my settings and I had the add by ID option off due a recent incident, sorry for the trouble! It should work now

Invite sent.

2 hours ago, hakanumi said:

If you, or anyone else, would be bringing over any anime fighters, would it be posted in the facebook group rather than Dustloop/LINE? 

Often times, nothing is posted. But I'll try to remember to post something on here/Line/Facebook when I bring anime fighters.

Hey there Dustloop, long time no see!

So, big things going down in AZ. Come November 1st, there's going to be an event by the name of Rewired. There'll be a multitude of games, with one of the main games being Guilty Gear.

EVO just got done with, but if you're able it'd be great to see folks come on out and get stomped by Arizona... I mean support the game that we all enjoy. Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

More information can be found here: https://www.rewiredaz.com/

Also, if you register, you get a bitching custom badge with an image of your choice on it. Hope to see you folks there!