Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chumaralupa

Arizona "Arcsys Release Dates Give Us Erectile Dysfunction", Thread

I mainly picked up Litchi cause I've always liked her, and apparently the Mu/Hazama matchup is horrible. Might as well be prepared with a backup in case it happens to be true (I don't see it.)

Ya know I disagree about a lot of the "great" matchups that Mu has, but I also have to disagree with that Mu-Hazama matchup, it looks even if not better for Mu. Actually if Hazama is a bad matchup for Mu, then Lambda has to be worse.

Spiteful plays axl and slayer as well.

Done.

Hazama != Lambda. They're very different characters.

Hazama has some decent mid/close range normals and a reversal for lots of free damage (yay jayoku houtenjin~) whereas Lambda has almost no reversal, and most of her close range normals get beaten out by all of Mu's.

However, I don't see how it could be anything but even - I don't see Hazama having the advantage at all. Yes, he can use his drive followups to dodge steins, but they don't give him any advantage other than forcing you to set more steins. His drive gets shut out by laser zoning, making it hard for him to approach, but once he gets in it's fairly hard to get away since he can hitconfirm anything into 30~ meter and knockdown...

I would say it's even.

The Mu v Lambda matchup is in Mu's favor, though. Maybe not by much, but Lambda doesn't have the closerange normals, and at optimum range for all of her attacks you're always in range for most of Mu's good pokes.

Man. Do NOT get me started on Haz vs Mu. It is probably the biggest pain in my ass in terms of match ups. Especially if there's lag. Oh sweet Jesus, fuck you lag. Although there's also the factor that I don't play too many Mus in the first place so my matchup experience is a bit lacking. But still.

Mmmmm, well I have to leave now so I don't have time to talk too much about the Mu-Lambda matchup but I just wanna throw out the fact that Lambda does have a reversal, which is the gravity well, and she doesn't need to set stuff up in order to zone well, also she can get decent damage off of almost anything whereas Mu has to fish for certain moves, and even if she gets those her steins need to be setup properly beforehand in order to get decent damage off, assuming you didn't get a counter hit J.2C or 6C. Also Lambda's normals aren't THAT far off from Mu's in terms of effectiveness, I know for a fact that Lambda's 3c beats Mu's all day and her 6a is probably better. I'm just saying the match-up between those two is probably even.

I just desperately need to get better, and I am not improving by playing online. In fact, I am currently on an 18 match losing streak. It's probably the most depressing thing ever, to spend so much time doing one thing and being terrible at that thing.

Mmmmm, well I have to leave now so I don't have time to talk too much about the Mu-Lambda matchup but I just wanna throw out the fact that Lambda does have a reversal, which is the gravity well, and she doesn't need to set stuff up in order to zone well, also she can get decent damage off of almost anything whereas Mu has to fish for certain moves, and even if she gets those her steins need to be setup properly beforehand in order to get decent damage off, assuming you didn't get a counter hit J.2C or 6C. Also Lambda's normals aren't THAT far off from Mu's in terms of effectiveness, I know for a fact that Lambda's 3c beats Mu's all day and her 6a is probably better. I'm just saying the match-up between those two is probably even.

Gravity Well is useless. 13 second timer, and they have to be on top of you (and I MEAN on top of you) or else you get CHed all day long. Mu's average BnB off an un-optimized hit matches most of Lambda's fullscreen non-CH options, and gives her much better oki. The reason that Mu excels in this matchup is BECAUSE of her steins - she gets a knockdown, and suddenly you are limited to certain areas of the screen and certain moves because she can punish with popped steins for stupid damage. Lambda has nothing like that on knockdown.

Also, Lambda's normals aren't bad on PAPER, but Mu's normals all outrange hers, excluding her drives. Sure, Lambda's 6A is better than Mu's and Lambda's 3C beats Mu's, but if you're that close, Mu has much better options than 3C and 6A, and if you're that close with Lambda you're doing something wrong. Sweep defense works to a point against rushdown!Mu, but she can just jump and set a stein and all of your grounded normals are worthless unless you're in her face.

Even with all of these things, it's not a TERRIBLE matchup for Lambda, it just has to be played VERY carefully - which seems to be the case for some of Lambda's even matchups - they're only even if you play very defensively and carefully. Because Lambda can cover so many vectors from so far away, she can stop Mu from doing a lot of fullscreen stein setups - however, you have to fish for these moves and they don't really give you oki or high damage unless you RC them (or get Mu into the corner for TK loop, I guess.)

I'm just talking about my experiences vs Ted (I play Lambda he plays Mu, sooo....)

But I may just be going about the matchup wrong - my Lambda isn't that amazing.

Mu's 6A is the same as Lambda's. I'm saying the matchup is either 5-5 or 5.5 - 4.5. It's not horrible at all. xD And even if I were to play Vince, he's much better than me and using our record wouldn't exactly be accurate. xD

Is anything going on tomorrow? I'll be in Tempe all afternoon, if anyone wants to play some games, or if anyone's getting together, let me know.

If anyone is open to play, add me on xboxlive. In-state should be low lag and I don't want to randomly add people who aren't going to want to play

Reminder!

Blaz tourney in Tucson this Saturday, the 11th @ AIAB! I'll be opening the doors @ 12pm, tourney starts @ 2pm. There will be a venue fee of 10$ and fee of 5$ per tourney. We'll be running both singles and doubles; most likely doing singles first. I advise everyone who has a copy of the game to bring it, HD aswell if you have characters!

We can always throw on some GG too (we have a couple of CRT set ups), and possibly even do a side tourney if people really want to.

Also, for the Tucson peeps (there seems to be quite a few of you who I don't think I've ever even seen): We host SSF4/Blaz ranbats on Fridays at 7PM, SSF4 Bootcamp Wednesdays 7-11PM, Blazblue Bootcamp Saturdays (non-tourney days) 7-11PM; all @ AIAB. It's MUCH better than online play :P

Thanks for the games Hsu-brothers.

Brian:always a pleasure, good games broskie.

Kevin: yeah I'd say your skill has increased more than mine have decreased, so you're totally a Hsu-in to place high in the AIAB tournament this Saturday, go get'em!

Too bad no hosting happened while I was in the valley, but there is always next time....

Mehraj: You didn't really think that was a real person did ya? This video should clear it up if you did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiC2jIboHIc&feature=related :yaaay:

Thanks for the games Hsu-brothers.

Brian:always a pleasure, good games broskie.

Kevin: yeah I'd say your skill has increased more than mine has decreased, so you're totally a Hsu-in to place high in the AIAB tournament this Saturday, go get'em!

Too bad no hosting happened while I was in the valley, but there is always next time....

Mehraj: You didn't really think that was a real person did ya? This video should clear it up if you did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiC2jIboHIc&feature=related :yaaay:

Stay free, Spiteful.

Hah, that's pretty funny, also props to the guy for doing a backwards flip like that.

I found the perfect video that would discourage ANYBODY from learning Japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIt_hedcBTc

/wrist

Also, god damn that BB tourney in Tucson happening THIS Saturday, I'll be out of town this weekend and won't be able to make it, but I still plan on going the following Friday/Saturday for whatever RanBat/Tourney/etc. there might be for BB.