Sign in to follow this  
brainof7

Learning the Game

Like for me, my two biggest problem match ups are vs Litchi, Noel, and Rags. When I play them, I screw up a pressure game and they punish me. They combo, and combo, and combo and before I know it, I'm left with a sliver of health.

There's your problem. You screw up your pressure and you get punished. And how do they make you screw up your pressure?

Footsies, Yomi, and Blocking.

Combos are purely punishment. Your opponent can only land a combo if you make a mistake: as in, you're overly aggressive or you screwed up on his pressure. But at the end of the day, how does pressure get started? Footsies.

actually instead of setting it to 3 bars, set it to 2, I had a few good games that way. While your in training mode, record the things you strugle against and try blocking and punishing them.

actually instead of setting it to 3 bars, set it to 2, I had a few good games that way. While your in training mode, record the things you strugle against and try blocking and punishing them.

3 bars and Same Area Only is, like, the only way to get a playable match on ranked. If you don't set it to Same Area Only, sometimes the game just gives up and sticks you with a 0, 1, or 2 bar connection and then you gotta restart the game or pick Tager/Jin/Ragna if you don't want to spend the next ten minutes not being able to do anything thanks to crippling lag.

The only way I can play good plays is on 2.

If I don't set to 2 then I will have to wait 5 mins to get a match.

As a guy coming from CvS2 and traditional fighter mostly, air dash is a mechanic i'm fairly new to and I don't really know if i'm doing/utilizing it right.

I use Lambda, so of course I whore it out so much to run/space myself that i'm always on autopilot when I do it. Anyone want to give me some tips? I don't even remember the last time I single jumped....

Edited by No Limitz

@No Limitz

Be careful about airdashing predictably or when you think you have an opening. Especially against a seasoned Tager, they're always waiting to whip out an AC to punish a careless forward dash. Also be careful about jumping in general due to magnetism.

On a more general note: For the most part, try to use jumping for more combo extensive purposes (i.e. when sword juggling) instead of means of escape. Work on learning opponents mixups in order to block/counter effectively. Then once you've put your opponent back to the wall (with a reset such as crescent blade) go back to using your swords to poke and find an opening.