Sign in to follow this  
Trace

Newbie... Tons of questions

Hai gaiz... Im new to the game, only played for like 1 and a half day so far. I have some questions I was wondering if you guys can answer.

I picked Jin for main but looking at all these complaints about Jin in CT about Ice Car Jins I dont think I'll play online for CT. I saw the changes for Jin in CS looks like those lamers would be gone. So Im planning on play online only on CS for anything competitive. I picked Jin for main because he has a Katana. and thats the only reason.

Im new to the game but im not new to gaming. (but I'm from MMOs and just switched to a fighting game!) I want to eventually get as good as the ones in Japan's Blazblue tournies (im azn myself so should be no prob).

(note some of these questions i found the answers to but not clear on it, so probably hearing from you guys I can make better understanding. Also Ive read the gamerfaq's guide on the techs like rapid cancels/barrier burst and all)

1. I see that I cant even find a single store online selling Blazblue for PC. This must mean most players here play on console?

2. Anyone know when CS for PC comes out? or should I just buy a console for Blazblue :8/: And what is CS II? is it a sequal or balance change?

3. I was playing against V-13 in Hell AI difficulty and she used her special that shoots 50 blades and I block against them, but then she shoots a ground rolling energy thing and unless I duck while blocking I'll get it. But ducking while blocking seems to make me get hit from the special move blades. How to avoid this when I'm far away? Jumping doesnt seem to last long enough and against players they'd probably nail me down to the blades with anti air.

4. Any tips on quickly moving across the screen... Right now I only know of pressing up+forward twice which makes me jump foward quickly (is there a simple term for this) and just sprinting across...

5. Im playing the PC version atm and there are buttons for the DD moves... just press C and Jin uses Kyoga Hyojin. While this is convenient for storymode clear endings... this is a little ezmode. Im thinking this is only for PC and there isnt something like that for controllers.

6. some terms im not clear on...

BnB

Punish

Counter Super

Poke

Overhead

DP and EX DP

recovery time

CH state

Guard Primer

7. During one of the fights I was about to cancel/stop riding the infamous Ice Car (basically fake it) then attack with 6C... how do u cancel out?

8. I tried to throw an opponent but then i canceled out some how and did a CCCCC attack. I dunno how this happened but can someone tell me how to do this

9. I saw on Mikado tournies they dont ever use Barrier Burst ever. Anyone know why

10. How are the NA tournies done... through Xbox or PS3? (sry im completely new to consoles and never owned one before, but I do know they have multiplayer internet)

Later on ill ask a ton of questions probably too haha, thx gaiz.

I'm gonna try to help you in order

1: I don't think there is a PC Version yet.

2:No Clue.

3:F*cking Nu. DD Swords can be blocked low. Spin Wheel needs low block. Do both. Look out for overhead sword.

4:Airdash(what I think you are refering to), Dash, RIDE ZE ICE CARZ or Vivace.(Safety not guaranteed)

5:In CT there was something similar but it's not in CS. By my INCREADIBLY BAD LOGIC, when the PC Version comes out there might not be one.

6(here it comes):

BnB: Bread(B) and(n) Butter(B):A combo that is generally performed in most situations as the primary damage dealing 0 meter combo.

Poke:A move that may or may not be comboed(ie Carl's 5C) with intent to establish range.

Punish:What it says on the tin. Attacked the enemy for unsuccessfully using an attack(ie Whiff Ragna's Inferno Divider) With something painful. Often a counter hit.

Counter Super: Either:1: Winter's Repost from either Hakumen or Jin 2: A super used to beat another super

Overheads:Must be blocked high

DP/EX DP: Special Move Anti Air Attack. EX Consumes 25% Heat(Only Jin)

Recovery Time: An attacks ending lag. May be Cancelable by certain moves.

CH State:When you are in frames of an attack move you input and the enemy hits you first you will suffer 2(or 3,IDK) Additional Frames of unrecoverable time for each attack and some times a special effect will occur from certain moves(Wallbounces,Farther Knockback,Crumple)

G Primers: The new Libra. Use a set number of times for each character that they may be hit by certain moves that break primers.

DONE WITH THAT SH*T

7:You can Dash Cancel(Guess) into 5C

8:You Canceled the throw with that spammy spam move. You can cancel His throw into specials.

9:IDK

10:Depends.

Writing this took a bit of time so if someone else wrote it already.(Curse my bodicious hands) Sorry. Pysduck use LOLWUT!

1: Yes

2: There is no announced version of CS for PC. If it happens, it'll probably be at least a year. I brought a PS3 for fighting games (also linux support, but sony nuked that) .

3: Switch your blocking back and forth for high (4b, 4d, TK saber) / low (wheel, 2b, 3c) attacks. The portal super only hits mid though; it mostly just lets her do mixups.

4: Instant airdash works pretty well - input 956 or 754 on the ground, and you'll jump then immediately airdash. Other than that and ground dashes, just be patient and wait for holes to approach.

5: CS replaced the easy buttons with beginner mode (which is handicapped in several ways - no bursts for one)

6:

B
read a
n
d
B
utter - a character's basic combos, generally a character will have one or two B&Bs for any given situation.

Punish - What it sounds like; use after blocking something unsafe.

Counter Super - Yukikaze (Hakumen only in CT; Jin gets this as well in CS). May also refer to using a super as a reversal.

Poke - An attack used for controlling space. Most good pokes lead to BnBs on hit and leave the opponent out of range or recover too quickly to be punished on whiff/block

Overhead - An attack that hits high

DP and EX DP - Dragon Punch and EX Dragon Punch. Named after the uppercut Ryu/Ken have in every Street Fighter game; the most well known attack to use a 623x motion. In Blazblue, EX DP refers to Jin's 623d.

recovery time - How long your character takes to get back to a neutral state after an attack

CH state - Counter hit state (if you're in CH state, every attack you take will be a CH). Counter hits can lead to much stronger combos.

Guard Primer - CS Specific, replaced guard libra.

7: IDK

8: My guess is to be mash C exactly one time fewer than needed to start the Cx8 attack, then input a throw immediately. Because the throw input includes C and special moves trump throw inputs, you'll get C mash instead of a throw.

9: In CT, you take extra damage after you have burst, and can't kill with burst -> followup combo (they sit at 1hp till the combo ends, then they can die). Bursts are pretty bad in CT.

10: Varies by location. Evo (the largest fighting game tournament in the world; held in the US) uses PS3, however.

Most of your questions coulda been found by just looking at basic faqs about fighting games, character forums or the system guide or other threads..

If you want to get good you have to learn how to find things out for yourself. Nobody's going to spoon-feed you how to play. Asking questions like this gets a bit annoying because they're all basic stuff found in the manual or are just scrubby tactics.

And stop mashing.

Does anyone notice that there is a Beginner mode section in the forum? The Gameplay thread is for more serious stuff than newbie questions.

Also, LURK MOAR. Seriously, like Fieryda said, most of these questions could be answered if you just took some time to look around the damned forum.

And hello to another Jin masher. I swear, this forum attracts them like flies on rotten meat...

closed.

the answer to everything is to lurk more and find people near you to play in real life. Look for people near you in the Match Finder Section. Read the Beginner Forum, and the forum for the character you want to play. If you're playing CT, then check out the archive section.