Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

This!

But anyway, the current roster is looking good right now (Dante/Joe/Deadpool & Trish/X-23/Morrigan is now a reality XD) and I'm rather pleased with most of the character decisions Capcom & Marvel has made (Although I need more awesome chicks, damn it! >.<), but I just realised that there are only ten more spots left on the roster. =O Any ideas on who the remaining ten are?

Remember, 30 isn't the final number. It the minimum that Capcom set themselves in early development. It's highly subject to change

some people on srk said that in the character select screen you can count aroun 40 slots, but i cant confirm or deny that

So. You guys think there's only gonna be 1 Megaman rep + Roll? Or you think we'll get a third?

Tron Bonne's in, and since they said X fans will be happy but deconfirmed X, expect Zero. I'd expect Roll too. I wonder if they'll re-use Volnutt, or throw a curveball and use Megaman.EXE or Star Force, but X is deconfirmed, and I don't see Classic or Volnutt coming when they have someone repping those already (unless they use Roll.EXE), though I expect a Megaman to show up.

I thought I heard no to silver surfer because he would be 'too difficult'. Maybe.

Of course, that could just be usual message board bullshit, so who knows. Also can't believe I forgot Spidey. They'd probably toss in a Spidey villain too.

LOL If not Spidey, watch as Marvel adds Spidergirl instead. :)

I thought I heard no to silver surfer because he would be 'too difficult'. Maybe.

http://shoryuken.com/content/seth-deconfirms-megaman-x-mvc3-pax-unity-live-stream-1652/

The article has statements buy Seth where he said that one of the characters in the game has one of the craziest things in the game, and would have been broken if not for a clever implementation by the designers.

Perhaps this could have been meant for the silver surfer?

I continuously hear Sigma might be placed in for X representation, but I'm indifferent to Sigma.

Nah, i've heard a lot of people saying it too, but that's who they want, not who will be in. If they decided to use Sigma though, the X4 grim-reaper-esque one would be cool. Actually, thinking of it, they could have took Tron out and put in Vile/Vava and it'd be all good.

But yeah, I hope they do use Zero. I liked that they put Zero in TVC, but they need to fix his movelist. His supers, Ryuenjin, and Hadangeki were ok. But Hienkyaku, Sentsuizan, and Buster need to be replaced, and Sougenmu needs to effect ALL ATTACKS, not just specials. If they keep Buster, lose Hadangeki, he doesn't need 2 projectiles.

if for clever they mean awsome moveset but crappy damage and shitty health then yeah is clever

if for clever they mean awsome moveset but crappy damage and shitty health then yeah is clever

Wouldn't surprise me, but we'll just have to wait and find out who it is.

The article has statements buy Seth where he said that one of the characters in the game has one of the craziest things in the game, and would have been broken if not for a clever implementation by the designers.

Maybe Virus Sigma? Like the virtual version in X2 or something.

I still say Vile in his badass armor would be really cool.

I just noticed, when an opponent jumps over your head the game's announcer yells out "Crossover!" warning the player =\.

thats kind of dumb.

It actually brings further mindgames! You could do reverse crossovers! Besides, everybody knows when a crossover is coming, so the announcer telling you it's coming would not make a difference.

I don't know crossovers happen until they happen, then I'm like " damn I got crossover'd that's raw "

I think announcer yelling " CROSSOVER " is dumb too, joking aside.

It's like the announcer yelling " 50/50 MIXUP " or " INCOMING THROW ATTEMPT "

Haha, that's funny. I actually hate it when the announcer says stuff you fail at.

TECH HIT (you failed to throw them)

COUNTER (you got hit instead of them)

THROW REJECT MISS (goddam inputs...)

YOU LOSE (FAIL.)

Actually, they should just say "screw it" and make Deadpool the announcer.

I don't know crossovers happen until they happen, then I'm like " damn I got crossover'd that's raw "

I think announcer yelling " CROSSOVER " is dumb too, joking aside.

It's like the announcer yelling " 50/50 MIXUP " or " INCOMING THROW ATTEMPT "

that would be super AWESOME!!

Haha, that's funny. I actually hate it when the announcer says stuff you fail at.

TECH HIT (you failed to throw them)

COUNTER (you got hit instead of them)

THROW REJECT MISS (goddam inputs...)

YOU LOSE (FAIL.)

Actually, they should just say "screw it" and make Deadpool the announcer.

LMAO, so true

^lol That line still annoys me to this day...>_> Meh, having the announcer spaz out on standard FG techniques will be a little irksome for me, but if his voice isn't annoying like CS's announcer then it probably wouldn't bother me much.

Well, my two cents are this...

-It's nice to see Tron Bonne back. Granted, I hated facing her in MvC2 because any time I face her, she became a king sized blockwhore. Her throw super is funny as hell... especially when the bot jumps up and falls without her in it. Very funny. :P

-X-23, on the other hand, was a character I never heard of (Turns out she's from the X-Men series. Namely, X-Men Evolution). Now, to me, she looks like a Wolverine clone, but doesn't play like Wolverine at all. The best analogy fighting game wise would be the clones from Samurai Shodown V. For example, Rasetsumaru looked like Haohmaru, but didn't play like him. X-23 fits that mold well. It'll be interestng how people will see her: Will they see has a original character or do they ride her because she acts like a female Wolverine?

-I'm still waiting on my Vile/Sigma, Capcom... Get on it!