Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

MvC3, from what I've heard so far, is going to be like a faster version of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. They're porting over the same four button system from that game, so you have three attack buttons and a assist button. What attack happens with the assist depends of which one you chose on the character select screen.

From what I've seen, a lot of the elements from MvC2 are in there. A new feature, though, is the Crossover Airial Rave, which involves your team mate(s) in a current air combo. Another big thing are Level 3 Supers. These, of course, are bigger and flashier then your typical Super Move.

MvC3, from what I've heard so far, is going to be like a faster version of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. They're porting over the same four button system from that game, so you have three attack buttons and a assist button. What attack happens with the assist depends of which one you chose on the character select screen.

From what I've seen, a lot of the elements from MvC2 are in there. A new feature, though, is the Crossover Airial Rave, which involves your team mate(s) in a current air combo. Another big thing are Level 3 Supers. These, of course, are bigger and flashier then your typical Super Move.

In addition to the three attack buttons, there is also a launch button.

Seth Killian talked about another new feature called the X-Factor. The way he described it it's gotta work as a roman cancel that will give your characters minor buffs. Though Capcom is still undecided if they want for X-Factors to grant buffs or not

How does Crossover work exactly? You do XX combo, then press assist or swap?

In a nutshell, yes. As for the X-Factor, it works similar to the Rage Mode that was introduced in Tekken 6, but they've been tweaking it since the game's debut to make sure it works properly.

For the X series, they could add lesser known characters, too.

To name a few:

Agile (X2)

Magma Dragoon (X4)

High Max (X6)

Alia or Layer (X8)

Aside from the buttons and tagging in mid air combo, the game is pretty far from Tatsu. From what I've read of the build shown at Chicago, it's pretty much "Mahvel" with very strong keepaway and lockdown. Trying to play it like Tatsu is a sure way to get killed.

That said, GG players should definitely give it a spin. Word on the street is that Trish (arguably the best character in the recent builds) plays like Testament.

yet again we're talking about megaman? do you guys ever get tired? surely there are other more important series that they can get into this game, hmm? ever time i check in it's megaman megaman hate axl (who was my favorite) and megaman. nobody knows anything about the character statup or lineup other than what they've announced and nobodys telling, they said you were going to be happy, leave it at that already.

the cycle of DL continues...

yet again we're talking about megaman? do you guys ever get tired? surely there are other more important series that they can get into this game, hmm? ever time i check in it's megaman megaman hate axl (who was my favorite) and megaman. nobody knows anything about the character statup or lineup other than what they've announced and nobodys telling, they said you were going to be happy, leave it at that already.

the cycle of DL continues...

The copy ability from Axl could be interesting in MvC3 if they add him.

I hate Axl, and Zero was in TVC so he's easy to fix up and port over. Axl's a little queer anyway, nobody likes him.

Then again, i'll take any and all Megaman characters over seeing Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura, Gouken, and Chun-Li all in MVC3. I hate SF over-representation, since most of the cast is pretty damn bland, and they could use those slots for far more interesting characters (say, from Darkstalkers or Red Earth)

yet again we're talking about megaman? do you guys ever get tired? surely there are other more important series that they can get into this game, hmm?

More important series? There are few series more important to videogame history than the Megaman series. Megaman is Capcom's original claim to fame, one of Capcom's first big hits, and probably their longest running series.

Then again, i'll take any and all Megaman characters over seeing Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura, Gouken, and Chun-Li all in MVC3. I hate SF over-representation, since most of the cast is pretty damn bland, and they could use those slots for far more interesting characters (say, from Darkstalkers or Red Earth)

As much as I dislike SF4, I think Juri (or maybe another SF4 exclusive character like C. Viper or Seth) could be a good addition to MvC3. Just as long as they don't add any other SF characters.

The SF series is an easy pool to pick characters from, though. It's their most popular fighting game series, and longest running. That's why you see so many characters from SF in versus games. I think TvC did a good job of only having 3 SF characters, and I wouldn't mind a 3rd one in MvC3 as long as it's not Ken or some other very common SF character.

down with the copy characters in crossover games, at least give us original ones like c.viper or something =p and i'd love to see axl get in and megaman not and watch the hate flood in :3 still waiting on gambit as well =p

I wouldn't count on Breath of Fire. Capcom has treated that series like an unwanted stepchild after the failure of Dragon Quarter. No new games since, no new ports of the older games, the characters haven't made cameos in other games to my knowledge nor has the music.

I wouldn't count on Breath of Fire. Capcom has treated that series like an unwanted stepchild after the failure of Dragon Quarter. No new games since, no new ports of the older games, the characters haven't made cameos in other games to my knowledge nor has the music.

Yeah, it's like Capcom is too hardcore and MLG for RPGs. Part of my childhood was ruined when I played DQ.

Being totally fair, BOF3 was ported to PSP in Japan and Europe 2 years after Dragon Quarter, they just didn't bother to port it to America for some reason.

Being totally fair, BOF3 was ported to PSP in Japan and Europe 2 years after Dragon Quarter, they just didn't bother to port it to America for some reason.

america is dominated by a shooter population, they probably want to save some money by going with the areas they KNOW will get them the money and maximize profit.

I forgot about that port. It not coming to America is Sony's fault. A guideline issue prevented it's release here.