Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

lol, what's the point in even having Morrigan and Felicia if you can't over-sexualize them.

Give the spot to someone better, jesus.

we could over-sexualize jedah...i'm down with that...

lol, what's the point in even having Morrigan and Felicia if you can't over-sexualize them.

Give the spot to someone better, jesus.

That's the only reason anyone likes those characters anyway. Replace Felicia with Talbain, and Morrigan with...whoever from the DS series you want since I won't give a fuck since i'll have Talbain, and i'd call that one even.

That's the only reason anyone likes those characters anyway. Replace Felicia with Talbain, and Morrigan with...whoever from the DS series you want since I won't give a fuck since i'll have Talbain, and i'd call that one even.

i can make dumb claims too

you only like talbain because you're a gay furry

air and ground fireball+command grab+airdash for grounddash >>> boring-ass talbain

just because she has a shoryu and a fireball doesn't make her as boring as ryu/ken

i can make dumb claims too

you only like talbain because you're a gay furry

air and ground fireball+command grab+airdash for grounddash >>> boring-ass talbain

just because she has a shoryu and a fireball doesn't make her as boring as ryu/ken

But she IS as boring as Ryu and Ken. As for ANYTHING she has, had, or ever will have being > than Talbain, lol no. Talbain is in no way, shape, or form boring. As much as I hate it, Morrigan's here to stay in crossovers, but remove that stupid bitch Felicia and put Talbain in. There are no characters, Darkstalkers or otherwise, greater than Talbain.

ohhh i just want my furry muscular man!!! who cares if the only thing cool about his moveset is a directional attack dash

that's nice

besides, when did you care about things being exciting? you already said balance is infinitely more important than things being interesting. mvc3 will never be as balanced as checkers.

I rather see Hsien-Ko and Victor make a comeback over Talban. They have more character potential than him and more fun to use. I like Felicia as well so her inclusion always makes me happy. I'll take a nun and inspiring pop idol and actress over a generic werewolf.

sigged

i'm in a sig?? how honorable

I rather see Hsien-Ko and Victor make a comeback over Talban. They have more character potential than him and more fun to use. I like Felicia as well so her inclusion always makes me happy. I'll take a nun and inspiring pop idol and actress over a generic werewolf.

victor would be great, yeah. grappler with charge moves is pretty interesting.

i still want donovan since he has so much shit, especially deployable sword that can work like rachel rods+litchi staff.

that's nice

besides, when did you care about things being exciting? you already said balance is infinitely more important than things being interesting. mvc3 will never be as balanced as checkers.

Don't you EVER call anyone a child after editing someone's words TWICE!

Talbain's very cool and fun to use, and I use far more than just his fireball dashing move. And you can definitely make things interesting and flashy, though balanced is definitely worth the sacrifice of flashiness.

But hey, go use your girly-looking fucking queer Jedah, who's infinitely lamer than any character of Darkstalkers, especially Talbain.

Hsien-ko for like, what, the fourth time? Meanwhile Talbain has NEVER made a playable crossover appearance? Victor hasn't either, so I can't contend that one as hard because it'd be nice to see the characters who haven't appeared in a crossover yet make a debut, but Talbain will always be #1 to me.

And Talbain's not fucking generic in any way, shape, or form, to even remotely think such a thing as Talbain being generic or boring is horrible. I'd love to beat the shit out of you just for saying that.

THE UNWRITTEN CODE OF THE INTERNET: DO NOT "EDIT" ANOTHER MAN'S WORDS.

I'd love to beat the shit out of you just for saying that.

woah gettin all degenerate barbarian up in here

Don't you EVER call anyone a child after editing someone's words TWICE!

arbitrary, less important than having no concept of subjectivity and going insane every 5 seconds and posting "LOL HERE'S A MIDDLE FINGER IN FLAMES FUK UU!!!" images

Talbain's very cool and fun to use, and I use far more than just his fireball dashing move. And you can definitely make things interesting and flashy, though balanced is definitely worth the sacrifice of flashiness.

so why aren't you play checkers or tic-tac-toe then

go play some game where everyone has the same moves. melee fox-only tournies?

But hey, go use your girly-looking fucking queer Jedah, who's infinitely lamer than any character of Darkstalkers, especially Talbain.

i..never even mentioned jedah? nice hateboner, kid

jedahmanly.gif

meanwhile, jedah cuts off his own head to attack the enemy. not manly at all

jedah's got a fun moveset. would love to see him in a new game.

p.s. good job using "girly-looking fucking queer" as an insult.

And Talbain's not fucking generic in any way, shape, or form, to even remotely think such a thing as Talbain being generic or boring is horrible. I'd love to beat the shit out of you just for saying that.

woah holy shit you are just insane

arbitrary, less important than having no concept of subjectivity and going insane every 5 seconds and posting "LOL HERE'S A MIDDLE FINGER IN FLAMES FUK UU!!!" images

Come at me and expect to get it back in kind. If you use images on me, i'll use images back.

so why aren't you play checkers or tic-tac-toe then

go play some game where everyone has the same moves. melee fox-only tournies?

Mirror matches suck

i..never even mentioned jedah? nice hateboner, kid

meanwhile, jedah cuts off his own head to attack the enemy. not manly at all

jedah's got a fun moveset. would love to see him in a new game.

p.s. good job using "girly-looking fucking queer" as an insult.

I knew it was coming that you were going to mention "OMG JEDAH BEST DS CHARACTER EVAR!!!!" because everyone loves to ride that loser's dick, so I thought to pre-empt you. He's not manly at all, only his voice implies that he is a man. Jedah is basically a grappler with a projectile and the ability to fly, but nothing about him or any of his moves are original or cool whatsoever.

woah holy shit you are just insane

I've explained time and time again, countless times, how Talbain is NOT generic and boring, and if people STILL want to make this argument on me after explaining in thorough detail to the contrary, well, seems like I might have to beat it into some of them.

Come at me and expect to get it back in kind. If you use images on me, i'll use images back.

nice dodge, kid

Mirror matches suck

irrelevant to you; balance>fun

I knew it was coming that you were going to mention "OMG JEDAH BEST DS CHARACTER EVAR!!!!" because everyone loves to ride that loser's dick, so I thought to pre-empt you. He's not manly at all, only his voice implies that he is a man.

nope, he's not one of my favorites. Was not planning on mentioning him.

also: characters don't need to be manly

i have never seen jedah's specials or normals

that's nice

I've explained time and time again, countless times, how Talbain is NOT generic and boring, and if people STILL want to make this argument on me after explaining in thorough detail to the contrary, well, seems like I might have to beat it into some of them.

no you haven't. stating your opinion=/=providing an objective, agreeable explanation

in my personal opinion, talbain is generic, boring, and obviously homosexual which is not a negative trait by any means. you are free to have a divergent opinion

Hsien-ko for like, what, the fourth time? Meanwhile Talbain has NEVER made a playable crossover appearance? Victor hasn't either, so I can't contend that one as hard because it'd be nice to see the characters who haven't appeared in a crossover yet make a debut, but Talbain will always be #1 to me.

Hsien-Ko only had two crossover appearances. Super Puzzle Fighter and Pocket Fighter. The girl needs more love. Great design, awesome backstory and interesting playstyle and she gets passed over every time.

And Talbain's not fucking generic in any way, shape, or form, to even remotely think such a thing as Talbain being generic or boring is horrible.

Tell me what's so interesting about Talbain? As a character there's nothing special about him. Some unfortunate fellow he's cursed to be a werewolf and is a dick about it. This characterization is no different from classic werewolf tales. Sounds rather generic to me.

I'd love to beat the shit out of you just for saying that.

I have a image marco for this but I'm going to resist the urge to use it

Jedah is basically a grappler with a projectile and the ability to fly, but nothing about him or any of his moves are original or cool whatsoever.

the entire roster of SF4 decapitates themselves as an attack and as such jedah is not original at all

STOP FUCKING CHANGING MY QUOTES! And once again, when is 20 years old a kid?

I've seen Jedah's normals and specials, I make a habit of playing with every character at least partially. Every one of Jedah's moves other than his spinning sawblade and the decapitation counter is a command throw.

As for my explanations on how Talbain isn't generic or boring, I didn't do so in that post, but i've done so plenty before. lolwut at Talbain being homo though.

Hsien-Ko only had two crossover appearances. Super Puzzle Fighter and Pocket Fighter. The girl needs more love. Great design, awesome backstory and interesting playstyle and she gets passed over every time.

Conveniently completely forget about Namco X Capcom and Cross Edge.

Tell me what's so interesting about Talbain? As a character there's nothing special about him. Some unfortunate fellow he's cursed to be a werewolf and is a dick about it. This characterization is no different from classic werewolf tales. Sounds rather generic to me.

Yay for kung-fu werewolves being generic...wait, who did it again? The only one of those before Talbain was the one in the first Star Ocean. Sabrewulf came AFTER Talbain. He's not "cursed", it's a bloodline thing, he just thinks it's a curse until he discovers his father having the same. And he can control his transformation, unlike other "classic werewolf tales".

Moveset wise, along with the flaming dash (which had only really been done by Bison, but his is more maneuverable and versatile), he has a command throw and flash kick sort of move (not going to say command throws or flash kicks are original), and his nunchaku slashing attacks. His supers were also pretty unique, and one of his was the basis of the Custom Combo supers we know today. To my recollection at least, he was also the only one capable of cutting the opponent in half with a move in DS, with them staying in half like that if the move killed them.

I have a image marco for this not I'm going to resist the urge to use it

You're all very predictable, I imagine your completely unoriginal image is something like this:

internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerlifter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confines_of_a_keyboard.jpg

the entire roster of SF4 decapitates themselves as an attack and as such jedah is not original at all

Counter moves aren't original, the only difference was the visual on his own, it didn't function differently than any other counter.

STOP FUCKING CHANGING MY QUOTES! And once again, when is 20 years old a kid?

stop getting mad for no reason and maybe i will

good job at reinforcing how childish you are by citing your age constantly in the midst of your behavior

I've seen Jedah's normals and specials, I make a habit of playing with every character at least partially. Every one of Jedah's moves other than his spinning sawblade and the decapitation counter is a command throw.

While he has a lot of unblockables(one is only an air unblockable+overhead, wont work on crouchers), that doesn't make him feel like a grappler like zangief/tager do.

Also, his moves are still original and cool, despite your ability to reduce things to

fukken gay!!

status for no reason. Having a very meaty projectile, long range unblockable, anti-air unblockable, good air mobility, and his interesting array of normals makes him original.

As for my explanations on how Talbain isn't generic or boring, I didn't do so in that post, but i've done so plenty before. lolwut at Talbain being homo though.

doesn't matter. they're probably just "talbain is awesome and you're worth beating up if you disagree with my childish outbursts"

Conveniently completely forget about Namco X Capcom and Cross Edge.

because that makes up for not being in a nice, worldwide fighter right

Yay for kung-fu werewolves being generic...wait, who did it again? The only one of those before Talbain was the one in the first Star Ocean. Sabrewulf came AFTER Talbain. He's not "cursed", it's a bloodline thing, he just thinks it's a curse until he discovers his father having the same. And he can control his transformation, unlike other "classic werewolf tales".

Moveset wise, along with the flaming dash (which had only really been done by Bison, but his is more maneuverable and versatile), he has a command throw and flash kick sort of move (not going to say command throws or flash kicks are original), and his nunchaku slashing attacks. His supers were also pretty unique, and one of his was the basis of the Custom Combo supers we know today. To my recollection at least, he was also the only one capable of cutting the opponent in half with a move in DS, with them staying in half like that if the move killed them.

he looks like just a boring werewolf. the kung fu shit doesnt matter when it only manifests in some ki crap and boring nunchakus specials.

Why would the cut-in-half thing matter, when, judging by jedah, you only care about the absolute originality of the use of each move itself, not the arrangement of moves? Samurai shodown did it before. Talbain's moveset is all functionally unoriginal except for his attack dash and custom combo super, just like jedah, how

fukken gay!!

ps internet tough guy heavily applies to people who tell other people on the internet they want to beat them up over character preference and then get offended when they're called childish

Alright then

stop getting mad for no reason and maybe i will

good job at reinforcing how childish you are by citing your age constantly in the midst of your behavior

Whatever, pathetic piece of shit

While he has a lot of unblockables(one is only an air unblockable+overhead, wont work on crouchers), that doesn't make him feel like a grappler like zangief/tager do.

Also, his moves are still original and cool, despite your ability to reduce things to

status for no reason. Having a very meaty projectile, long range unblockable, anti-air unblockable, good air mobility, and his interesting array of normals makes him original.

Claw slash? Unblockable and puts you in the ball. That's a command throw. Diving throw from the air where he drills you into the ground? Yep, another throw. His supers are grabs too. The only non-grab he has is the projectile. So basically, he's just a flying grappler with a projectile.

doesn't matter. they're probably just "talbain is awesome and you're worth beating up if you disagree with my childish outbursts"

I explained for your courtesy below

because being in jp-only games like that makes up for not being in a nice, worldwide fighter right

You can't fucking use that excuse. Being in a bad game, or being in one that isn't worldwide, doesn't negate the fact that they appeared before.

he looks like just a boring werewolf. the kung fu shit doesnt matter when it only manifests in some ki crap and nunchakus.

kung-fu stuff only comes out in nunchakus specials, which are boring

Why would the cut-in-half thing matter, when, judging by jedah, you only care about the absolute originality of the use of each move itself, not the arrangement of moves? Samurai shodown did it before. Talbain's moveset is all functionally unoriginal except for his attack dash and custom combo super, just like jedah, how

Samurai Shodown only managed to do it in SS3, a year after Darkstalkers. Kung fu stuff comes out in his normals and the nunchaku + nunchaku is different depending on which version you play. Old nunchaku kicks ass.

ps internet tough guy heavily applies to people who tell other people on the internet they want to beat them up over character preference and then get offended when they're called childish

It's just predictable someone would say it. And since i've been saying how predictable things are, I am expecting a Geese picture with "PREDICTABO!!!" on it.

Hsien-ko being in Puzzle Fighter, Pocket Fighter, Namco x Capcom, and Cross Edge means nothing really (out of that list there is only one actual fighting game and she isn't even really the "same" character from the VS series given the style of the game...) But all that aside I'm happy with any Darkstalkers/Vampire characters included; all of the characters are more interesting than the average character in my opinion.

Anyway Super Robot War, as an outsider to this conversation you're getting trolled, falling for it continually, and looking less and less intelligent in your plight to argue why talbain is awesome. My advice, just let it go; I'm sure most people get that you prefer wolves...

On some semblance of topic

Really happy tron bonne made it into the game, however, I'm feeling (given the relatively small roster) there are a lot of copy and paste characters...