Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Yeah i know, i just posted those two because.

Ryu - Chun : Sf1, SF2

Dante - Trish : DMC3, DMC

I suppose we can count Chris for RE1 for RE5.

I suppose we can count Morrigan for DS1 and Felicia for DS2.

Tron - Zero : Megaman Legends, Megaman X

Wrong, Felicia was in DS1. And despite being in his DMC3 outfit, he's not the same Dante(as in young dante) as he was in that game.

Your reaching. The other Capcom games ain't like Street Fighter where each entry can count as it's own sub-series.

Only in M.u.g.e.n., 2nd_God, only in M.u.g.e.n.

speaking of.. care to pm me your current list?! Mine could use an update.

also, more onto topic..

I'm certain this game will be shit, because felicia is clothed.

Wrong, Felicia was in DS1. And despite being in his DMC3 outfit, he's not the same Dante(as in young dante) as he was in that game.

Wesker was in RE1. I mean different characters for different games to differentiate the series. I know that Felicia was in DS1, but since Morrigan is representing it, Felicia could represent the 2.

Any way you slice it Jill Wesker and Chris are all either from RE1 or RE5 so yeah.

I was going to say if anyone says SFI and SFII (Ryu vs Chun) are "different series" I'd punch them in the face but...

Megaman is about the only series Capcom has represented right now that has different enough sub-series to make this kind of distinction. I doubt some people make that kind of argument for Dante + Trish or Felicia + Morrigan. The official site even lists just the first game in those two respective series anyways on their character pages.

If anything it's strange there are 3 reps for RE (granted 2 not counting DLC) and only 2 for SF and X-Men, arguably the two most major factions of MvC (I dunno, X-Men vs SF was first right?). Not that I'm complaining really.

Have they mentioned how ENG/JP voice select will operate? IE: either all one language or can toggle on a character to character basis? IF they're still including both that is, been awhile since I've heard JP voices in the previews.

EDIT: I keep forgetting about Magneto when I think X-Men. :psyduck:

If there is one thing that SF4 did right is the voices. Select who you want in japanese or english.

Sf is most likely getting another rep, Bison or Viper. Kensk said that we could get Taskmaster, Storm and Lei-Lei(Hsien-ko), so i'm prolly to believe this is true.

The only thing the game lacks is Capcom villains. Seriously, Wesker and HISS HISS RAWR Jill do NOT form Capcom villains.

Agreed. I, for one, am NOT pleased to see Zero back. Not because there are better characters in the MMX era they could have (Vile and/or Sigma, people! They do exist, Capcom), it's all the bad memories from TvC when people used Zero and smoked people left and right.. I should know, I've ran into a few damn good Zero players online.

Lol is DS2 a different series? Is DMC3 a different series?

Why couldn't they just say Axl is from MegamanX7 or whatever one he's from?

Chris, Wesker, and probably Jill are all clearly their RE5 versions, from moves to appearances to voices.

If there is one thing that SF4 did right is the voices. Select who you want in japanese or english.

Sf is most likely getting another rep, Bison or Viper. Kensk said that we could get Taskmaster, Storm and Lei-Lei(Hsien-ko), so i'm prolly to believe this is true.

The only thing the game lacks is Capcom villains. Seriously, Wesker and HISS HISS RAWR Jill do NOT form Capcom villains.

Capcom has de-confirmed additional Darkstalker characters. Hsien-Ko has no chance.

Tron is a villain. A fact that people seem to forget about.

Capcom has de-confirmed additional Darkstalker characters. Hsien-Ko has no chance.

This was said to be a mistranslation a few pages back.

morigan could easily be a villain if they wrote her as one

and theres a lot of rumors about bison, which would be another one

List is fake. Amongst many other things, It was posted yesterday, after the DLC characters were already announced. If He has predicted that Jill/Squiggly would've been DLC a month ago, then i might have believed him.

No, the list was first posted on the 5th. It's not quite a month, but it was still a while before the DLC was revealed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24227379&postcount=1331

Of course there still is the possibility that he just had inside information from GameStop.

Yeah thats not really true. All he said was that if he could add another Darkstalker it would be Talbain. He didn't say whether or not there were any already included but not announced.

Yeah thats not really true. All he said was that if he could add another Darkstalker it would be Talbain. He didn't say whether or not there were any already included but not announced.

This was said to be a mistranslation a few pages back.

I must miss it. I don't object to more Darkstalker characters. I would love to see Victor make a comeback

Jedah or Pyron, and both are villains. Actually, Jedah would be perfect. Capcom Fighting Evolution(yeah it sucked) even had Dante appear in jedah's ending, it would be kind of a nice throwback to that.

Jedah or Pyron, and both are villains. Actually, Jedah would be perfect. Capcom Fighting Evolution(yeah it sucked) even had Dante appear in jedah's ending, it would be kind of a nice throwback to that.

Sadly Capcom will not use them this time. Pyron has the same problem as the Human Torch, and Jedah...it's my favorite DS character, but with him alone the rate of the game will go up. I mean, the guy drips blood in his idle stance.

So, now that’s been refuted, to be honest it looks like they’re going to have three characters of the same series so people can make teams but, cunningly, one of those characters will be DLC.

I remember someone at Capcom saying Jedah couldn't be included because he self-mutilates to draw blood for his attacks and that could rise the game's rating.

So, now that’s been refuted, to be honest it looks like they’re going to have three characters of the same series so people can make teams but, cunningly, one of those characters will be DLC.

You assume too much.

I must miss it. I don't object to more Darkstalker characters. I would love to see Victor make a comeback

Well, the producer's quote was something like "We couldn't include more Darkstalkers characters than we did because it's not hugely popular overseas, but I wanted to use Talbain". Everyone assumed he meant that there are no more Darkstalkers characters, but the wording is kind of ambiguous.