Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

This is gonna be the best fighting game ever made. Want balance? EVERY character is broken! Try to talk shit. You're character's broken, oh so is yours.

Let's just see who has the easiest to do/abuse broken shit :kitty:

Let's be honest: see some of those combos. Dante, Deadpool and Zero (maybe more, but I'm not so sure) didn't really need to use X-Factor shit or mid-tag to deal atrocious amounts of damage, they only needed some normal bar. In the other hand, just look at Hulk :v:

This is gonna be the best fighting game ever made. Want balance? EVERY character is broken! Try to talk shit. You're character's broken, oh so is yours.

This is what I wanted Guilty Gear to be like. :O

If the goal is to make everyone play like top tier MvC2, then I believe they're on their way to succeeding.

That said, what the video doesn't show is that fact that Trish/Doom can kill you from the opposite end of the screen.

So...nothing's changed... *sigh* why did I think Capcom could pull through for me this time (what with the promise of characters I actually like...)

Ah well once the Umineko fighter is out I won't even be worried about this shit >.>

Hahaha!! New look, same retarded game! XD I swear this video has confirmed my suspicions that despite all of Capcom's "precautions" to prevent brokenness, this is quite indeed: BROKEN!! XD Can't wait for frivolous Zero & X-23 BS!!! :3

Hahaha!! New look, same retarded game! XD I swear this video has confirmed my suspicions that despite all of Capcom's "precautions" to prevent brokenness, this is quite indeed: BROKEN!! XD Can't wait for frivolous Zero & X-23 BS!!! :3

Capcom isn't doing anything to prevent brokenness. In fact, Seth was quoted as saying "Broken is good, we like broken." Only difference now is that we might actually see more characters with broken shenanigans that are actually tournament viable.

Aw c'mon guys....Broken VS Broken = ???

It can't be as bad Hokuto no Ken's glitch loops, especially since they said loops will be techable after so many reps and prorated.

People need to realize that this type of heavy damage is fine, heck even desirable in a Marvel style 3v3 tag-team game. The fact that there are 3 characters means that, outside of glitches, most big combos will only take out around 30% or so of your cumulative total life. At the same time, it allows a player down to a single character the ability to mount a comeback even if they're opponent still has all 3 characters. Look at Justin's famous comeback against yipes at EVO 2k7 or Amir's comeback against bbhood in their money match at FFA Ranbats, it's Marvel's high-risk/high-reward nature (fanatiq compares it to high stakes all-in poker) that made those possible.

People need to realize that this type of heavy damage is fine, heck even desirable in a Marvel style 3v3 tag-team game. The fact that there are 3 characters means that, outside of glitches, most big combos will only take out around 30% or so of your cumulative total life. At the same time, it allows a player down to a single character the ability to mount a comeback even if they're opponent still has all 3 characters. Look at Justin's famous comeback against yipes at EVO 2k7 or Amir's comeback against bbhood in their money match at FFA Ranbats, it's Marvel's high-risk/high-reward nature (fanatiq compares it to high stakes all-in poker) that made those possible.

I do hope we see more of those kind of matches, actually. :D Of course 30% of Cumulative Life = Approximately 1 whole Life Bar...oh well. :toot:

I dunno how you can call someone full of crap for making a statement that the community pretty much agrees with.

Yeah big damage and broken stuff does not equal imbalance. That's the difference between this game and two. Dustloop should know this better than anybody with HnK.

You all act like you've never played Accent Core before

vs series is ALL ABOUT BROKEN

I don't see how this is hard for some people to get

You're just happy that Trish plays testament :p

And if the commies say poop is good and you should eat, would you do it? :v:

Yes. I would do that.