Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Are people honestly tossing round 'broken' as a derogatory term on a Guilty Gear forum? Guilty Gear? The game where everyone being broken actually works out?

hey guys, have you heard of this really bad game called guilty gear?

First one was epic broke, but I love it.

GGX was more refined, but still had issues (Venom's 63214 Ball summon = lol).

Petite 1+2 were meh

GGX Advanced Edition was kinda neat, but not as good as GGX+

GGXX had even MORE new issues, but still decent.

#R made me sad for replacing Old Robo-Ky (the hunched over one with Aces High)

Slash was meh (Order-Sol was kinda lame, input-wise). I still played Ky even if they said he was broke (I always play Ky).

AC was better, but game-ending crashes make me lol.

AC+ well, I play that now, not too bad (Chipp's Ninja Duplication Technique Glitch is still epic tho).

Isuka was double meh (or quadruple lol if you saw the 4-way Potemkin match)

Judgment #R more of the same

Judgment Slash more of the same

Duststrikers WTF?

If everyone is broken, does that mean no one is actually broken?

I say yes. You cant really complain about getting beaten by a broken character if you're playing as one too. All is right with the world ^_^

But obviously, the character you just lost to is -more- broken.

This is something you must learn about fighting games.

You could always have lost because of a lack of skill, really. Skill is something you are supposed to learn from playing fighting games.

Who's crying? i think this is going to be a great game. Im not going to take it as seriously as BB, This'll be a great game for when friends who casually play fighting games come over.

You could always have lost because of a lack of skill, really. Skill is something you are supposed to learn from playing fighting games.

You missed the point.

You missed the point.

No, I saw it. It's just there is more in fighting games than who is more broken. I have a feeling if they are all broken, things will be fine.

No, I saw it. It's just there is more in fighting games than who is more broken. I have a feeling if they are all broken, things will be fine.

Nope you still missed the point.

So I guess that some scrubs just can't deal with a game where you are one step away from both winning and losing at any and every point in a match.

IMO, there are different kinds of broken combos.

Broken combos that take skill and timing and practice to do and still have a chance of being dropped or teched out of.

And broken combos that any nub worth less than his salt could do that most people would never fail to drop.

The latter is something I think people are more worried about, here.

People are forgetting that it's gonna take a helluva lot of work and skill just to get those combos to connect as the game is very friendly to keepaway/lockdown. The speed at which you can fill the screen with projectiles and shizz in this game (as in MvC2) would make CT Nu-13 blush with envy. It doesn't matter if you have Zero and Dante on your team when he other guys Trish/Doom is chipping you to death (same way having a good touch of death team in MvC2 was nothing against someone running Scrub or Cl0ckwork, unless you were really good).

People are so worried about character balance thàt they forget MvC2 had great rushdown/keepaway balance that is hard to achieve. Then again, anyone who is dumb enough to care whether every character is viable is also likely yo think only rushdown should exist.

What about type styles~! I don't even know (mostly because I'm too lazy to read anything relevant) if they are even planning on returning the 'rush, anti-air, ect' type styles. That alone could balance the game where it needed it's 'patchwork'.

Only thing that makes me worry is if this game will suffer from Fate/Unlimited Codes syndrome. Essentially, characters will be so broken and combos will be so long and do so much damage that it'll make matches boring.

Only thing that makes me worry is if this game will suffer from Fate/Unlimited Codes syndrome. Essentially, characters will be so broken and combos will be so long and do so much damage that it'll make matches boring.

the only person i've seen with REDICULOUSLY long combos is Zero =p though that only say's i've seen other characters that do the same epic damage in half the hits (thor for instance)

Average health is low enough that combos don't really go for long until someones knocked out (as they should be in a Marvel game). And, as mentioned, it's not all about that rushdown. Half the fun is trying to get in on a really good keepaway team or trying to keep a good rush team out.

the only person i've seen with REDICULOUSLY long combos is Zero =p though that only say's i've seen other characters that do the same epic damage in half the hits (thor for instance)

Yeah.Seeing Zero doing damage is like seeing an ant biting a steel wall. Damage is shit, but possibilities of doing it are not. By the way, with the deconfirmation of Strider the other day, courtesy of Gfaqs:

I hate, Trish.

I hate, Felicia.

I hate, Spencer.

I hate, Dante.

I hate, Arthur.

Ya know what I don't hate? Ya know what I don't hate? I don't hate Strider.

I hate, Ammy.

I hate, She-Hulk.

I hate, X-23.

I hate, Joe.

I hate, Thor.

You know what I don't hate? Ya know what I don't hate? I don't hate Captain Commando.

I hate Ryu.

I hate Doom.

I hate MODOK.

I hate Magneto.

I hate Zero.

Ya know what I don't hate? Ya know what I don't hate? I don't hate Roll.

Eff wanting so-and-so character in the game. All I want is to eventually find some team with broken shizz that I can use competitively.