Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I'm become pretty excited about X-23 for no reason.

Do her hop combos that look the closest to old MvC2 shenanigans have anything to do with it?

What exactly about Strider do you not like anyway, Capcom?

According to the producer, Strider didn't "fit with the concept" which is of course bullshit.

It's code for either "we couldn't get the rights to him" (seeing as he was designed by a manga artist), or "he is gonna be DLC but we don't want to say it yet".

EDIT: It is even possible that Marvel said no for some reason or another.

I'm interested to know how copyright and trademark laws work in Japan. I find it ridiculous how a company could lose the rights of any portion of their own work.

Do her hop combos that look the closest to old MvC2 shenanigans have anything to do with it?

That and she has an invisible Chaos Dimension and a amazing looking command throw and a low assist and that jd.C move that looks awesome.

I'm pretty sure the weapon X looking super has invincible startup, I remember in an early video she went through Trish's sparda spin on reaction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAibSTmquDU at the end.

That and she has an invisible Chaos Dimension and a amazing looking command throw and a low assist and that jd.C move that looks awesome.

I'm pretty sure the weapon X looking super has invincible startup, I remember in an early video she went through Trish's sparda spin on reaction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAibSTmquDU at the end.

Don't forget that her Level 3 is a free guard break.

Also, I think what we're seeing is more a case of second hyper out wins. I've seen other hypers activated at around the same time beating out the one before (Morrigan's lvl. 3).

It's code for either "we couldn't get the rights to him" (seeing as he was designed by a manga artist), or "he is gonna be DLC but we don't want to say it yet".

EDIT: It is even possible that Marvel said no for some reason or another.

This better be truth, Capcom, otherwise I will eternally brand Moto Kikaku and the producer of MVC3 as a pair of douches. Strider WAS the reason I played MVC and MVC2 in the first place, that goes for Namco X Capcom RPG as well!

As for Marvel, anything by Todd McFarlane is out of bounds I think.

Don't forget that her Level 3 is a free guard break.

Oh haven't forgotten that. That's part of what I meant about the Chaos Dimension thing. I used to do that with Shuma a lot in MvC2.

I was gonna say something about Trish should fulfill all your xxxx/Doom lockdown needs, then I realized this wasn't a place that cared for that.

I was gonna say something about Trish should fulfill all your xxxx/Doom lockdown needs, then I realized this wasn't a place that cared for that.

Guilty Gear has lockdown, friend. Please just stop...

Guilty Gear has lockdown, friend. Please just stop...

I meant caring about actual gameplay since most of the talk has all been about individual characters.

Knowing Capcom, be glad they're not taking out half the characters, then releasing them as DLC.

And then making another game for all the "additional" characters.

I meant caring about actual gameplay since most of the talk has all been about individual characters.

Oh, I see. I thought you were trying to say GG doesn't having zoning or lockdown, lol...

Knowing Capcom, be glad they're not taking out half the characters, then releasing them as DLC.

But we'd never know if they did that. Not that I care. I'll gladly let Capcom milk me for every cent in MvC3.

...which is kinda sad...

...isn't that what Blazblue is doing?

yeah, if like 3 dlc chars are the half of the cast :rolleyes:

are people still complaining for the 3 dlc chars, seriously

i would like to know, since i barely go the mvc3 section of srk

They weren't taken out. They weren't done when the game got released. They were purely added later, unless you count the graphics for their names/artwork.

I stopped readin this thread for a while and the front page is certainly not being updated, so what are we up to now?

They weren't taken out. They weren't done when the game got released. They were purely added later, unless you count the graphics for their names/artwork.

I stopped readin this thread for a while and the front page is certainly not being updated, so what are we up to now?

Well where were we when you left off?

People complaining about how the game will be be broken because every character in the game looks to be broken.

You forgot the rampant complaining about X being in an dhow X should be in due to X being X.