Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

LOL at scrubs valuing characters over gameplay.

Being a crossover game the characters will be the game's biggest draws. If the roster selection isn't to someone particular taste than interest is lost. I don't put their value over the gameplay but no harm done if they chose to miss out.

Just because Megaman isn't in doesn't mean the game won't be awesome. Play the damn game before condemning it just because it broke some nonexistent promise to have every character you expected. Megaman isn't in GG or BB either.

What the fuck

I didn't stutter, what dont you understand? There are still people who play fighting games with friends in the same room rather than online. Rumors about Frank/Human torch being complete characters but axed because of online play? Here's an idea, leave them in for people who still have friends and for people who play in arcades(i know we're a dying breed). I dunno... i may be old school by thinking you should unlock things based on skill rather than spend MORE money on a game that you already paid $60 for. New costumes, New characters, New stages..... shit i remember a time when i'd have to beat the game on hard for that kind of stuff rather than fork over an extra $2 a costume, $6-8 a character, $2 a stage. Soundtracks? Yeah they cost money too. I just think companies should go back to making great games rather than making decent games and over charging for DLC to make them good games.

Blazblue CT and CS: Both worth the asking price, everything that was added was either to enhance your experience, or to add NEW characters that weren't finished yet.

I play BB in arcades. If you tried that shit on me I would smash your teeth in.

You know, there's a term used to describe people that put arbitrary rules in the game (like no such and such character because he's too good, baaaw) because they can't handle it in it's purest form.

The arcade is different dipshit, and trust me i'd crack your skull if i cared about the situation enough to do so. Im talking about games between friends, Where a shittier player picks a top tier character just to win.

Hmmmm. when did i ever say i lost to them? If i really must explain myself, Im talking about people that pick the God Tier characters in an attempt to win rather than learning the game and playing it for what it is. Im drunka nd you're boring....lets get back on topic

Attempting to win using God Tier involves learning the game AND playing it for what it is. Anyone who has a problem with players using God Tiers are the ones who don't play the game for what it is.

LOL at scrubs valuing characters over gameplay.

But it's not scrubbish in the least bit to play characters for who they are or how they look. Playing them based on gameplay strength only seems shallow and noobish.

I mean despite being off track I toughed it out with CS Rachel. And my MVC2 team is Megaman/B.B Hood/Morrigan I played the because I liked them. And since this roster is balls and there is no one I really like I guess I will value characters over gameplay. I mean the gameplay looks nice but this roster doesn't wow or suprise me in a good way that much.

Also pretty much any game can have good solid gameplay but bore people half to death because of some asthetic issues ya know.

You guys have no idea what the fuck he's been saying mother of god. He didn't say you had to play the strongest characters, he said to play the characters you feel most comfortable with gameplay wise. Characters with fun attacks, characters with setups you want to experiment, characters that make you want to learn them and do all sorts of gimmicks.

That is the entire point of having a lot of characters with a lot of different assist attacks. To build your team based on a strategy you learn along the way and try to apply.

Jesus christ.

Attempting to win using God Tier involves learning the game AND playing it for what it is. Anyone who has a problem with players using God Tiers are the ones who don't play the game for what it is.

This!

Playing a proper God Tier/High Tier team forces you to have to understand team synergy since you can't just put 3 good characters in and expect to win. This is a real team game where you need all 3 characters to gel together (not like other "team" games where all you need is 3 points).

But it's not scrubbish in the least bit to play characters for who they are or how they look. Playing them based on gameplay strength only seems shallow and noobish.

I mean despite being off track I toughed it out with CS Rachel. And my MVC2 team is Megaman/B.B Hood/Morrigan I played the because I liked them. And since this roster is balls and there is no one I really like I guess I will value characters over gameplay. I mean the gameplay looks nice but this roster doesn't wow or suprise me in a good way that much.

As much as I love Morrigan, I was pretty much ready to drop her if she turned out just like MvC2 Morgs (and run Trish/Doom or similar). Thankfully, guys like Justin and a few other deomonstrated that she has beastly potential in this game so I might be using her yet. Morg/Doom lockdown with Doom rocks + Morg Astral Vision just might be the new Strider/Doom.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with valuing a character over anything. There is nothing wrong with having a character you like and wanting them to be in a certain game.

Anyway, don't derail the topic with this conversation. Nobody cares if you believe people pick their favorites because they want an excuse for losing to bad players using God-tiers, or whatever it is you wacky kids think now days! Keep it to marvel vs capcom 3 discussion please.

Horray!

Nekkid Arthur costume

/speculation

Um... Arthur always has that... Whenever he looses his armor in battle he runs around like that, just like the actual game

Also calling it, Uroborous is the defining plot of MvC3 :3 (but only RE fans will know why that would be horribly WRONG/LAME)

Um... Arthur always has that... Whenever he looses his armor in battle he runs around like that, just like the actual game

Also calling it, Uroborous is the defining plot of MvC3 :3 (but only RE fans will know why that would be horribly WRONG/LAME)

"Calling it" , as in.. "Time of Death" ??

Magneto having Uroborous peaked my interest. Watching that I couldn't help but think that Mags may think that it's another variant of the Legacy virus

I read "Magneto having Uroborous" as "Magneto having Oroborous" aka Striders hyper. That shizz would have been hype.

Ouroborous is just here because Wesker is one of the big bads of the game. Just like Dormammu was in the first trailer, and Doom in the second. Don't overthink. It'll probably be mentioned once in the "story" and then be forgotten because besides a few lines in between fights and the stills at the end, there's not gonna BE a story.

Tonight is the night! The night where MVC boards either become FLOODED with Mega-Salt or Mega-Hype!

Place your bets! I'm sadly goin with salt, I want a Megaman so bad I don't care if its Geo Stelar!

I read "Magneto having Uroborous" as "Magneto having Oroborous" aka Striders hyper. That shizz would have been hype.

Lol.

Tonight is the night! The night where MVC boards either become FLOODED with Mega-Salt or Mega-Hype!

Place your bets! I'm sadly goin with salt, I want a Megaman so bad I don't care if its Geo Stelar!

Anything less than volnutt will make me Mega-salt