Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Awesome, X-23 has the same outfit she sports on one of the variant covers for X-23 (2010) issue #1

Thanks for that, it makes me happy :3 (also, Captain Punisher?)

Disappointed with some character inclusions/exclusions like everyone (lol generic transplants, qq no Strider), but the roster is decent enough with some interesting new faces.

In terms of gameplay, I hope it really is "10 more years" of evolution and hype matches. Right now it's looking like TvC status "ABC chain launcher ABC super" for every character. All these screen-filling explosion supers, full-screen pushblocking and air exchange mashing looks scrubby. I know it's still pre-release, but I hope they find tons of broken stuff that will make interesting and exciting competitive play. Marvel was like crack, this is looking like marijuana status (decent enough but a bit mellow). :v:

Phoenix and Haggar revealed.

Looks like what's-his-name was right.

Dark Phoenix mode looks absolutely hype and broken.

Disappointed with some character inclusions/exclusions like everyone (lol generic transplants, qq no Strider), but the roster is decent enough with some interesting new faces.

In terms of gameplay, I hope it really is "10 more years" of evolution and hype matches. Right now it's looking like TvC status "ABC chain launcher ABC super" for every character. All these screen-filling explosion supers, full-screen pushblocking and air exchange mashing looks scrubby. I know it's still pre-release, but I hope they find tons of broken stuff that will make interesting and exciting competitive play. Marvel was like crack, this is looking like marijuana status (decent enough but a bit mellow). :v:

It's looking pretty broken to me. We've already seen tons of high damage setups plus insane lockdown and keepaway shenanigans just like in MvC2.

ohmahgawd @ phoenix

edit: they don't seem to be that broken lol. healing sphere might only recover red life, might be able to hit her out of it?

dark phoenix... lvl 5, lifebar drops like a rock, what's stopping me from running away when it goes off? and the fact its a lvl 5 means you have to hoard meter...

My life is now complete! Final roster; X-23, Amaterasu, and PHOENIX!!!

Seriously Phoenix doesn't get enough love in the Marvel universe and ever Phoenix except Jean Grey is lame in my opinion (F'n Cuckoos) so I'm really glad that 2 of my 3 favorite Marvel characters made it into this game (now all I need is Psylocke, but she'd only be icing on this already savory cake :3)

lol Dark Phoenix mode is super Hype but I'm not feeling the Healing Sphere *bad memories of annoying Roll fights in TvC* but all my friends are going to hate me = w=

Marvel said everyone who's being included they are either already do big things with them or are planning big things ahead for them, so hopefully the Phoenix will get a PROPER return to comics (is it aint Jean or her clone, I don't want her...well Hope may be a good Phoenix...)

Seriously Phoenix doesn't get enough love in the Marvel universe and ever Phoenix except Jean Grey is lame in my opinion (F'n Cuckoos) so I'm really glad the 2 of my 3 favorite Marvel characters made it into this game (now all I need is Psylocke, but she'd only be icing on this already savory cake :3)

You think Phoenix would get much love after being an evil WMD and and almost destroying the X-Men? Maybe, but it's better than having Jean Gray in the roster.

dark phoenix... lvl 5, lifebar drops like a rock, what's stopping me from running away when it goes off? and the fact its a lvl 5 means you have to hoard meter...

Um sure you can run away, but all the life she losses is recoverable so you can just tag out and let her healed, so if I were you I'd attack her, also this is a VS game, so it's not like hoarding a bit of meter means anything as you gain it at a rather good pace = w= Also why would you NOT want Dark Phoenix mode? Clearly the super gauge has no other purpose now :P Also note Healing Sphere is a lvl 3 super, so yeah meter is gonna be a major focus if you want to use all her tricks.

You think Phoenix would get much love after being an evil WMD and and almost destroying the X-Men? Maybe, but it's better than having Jean Gray in the roster.

But I hated most of the X-men back then, there honestly weren't too much worth saving = 3= and it's not like the Phoenix Force is an inheritly evil thing.

Now to wait for more footage from the "secret" event >.<

Ya but see, what I'm thinking is: you go into DP mode = you have no meter left = you have to rely on random tag to get her out to let her recover, and whoever comes in will get raped.

And if I have life lead no shit I'm gonna fucking run. lol.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and DP will be the best thing ever. We'll see.

Also ppl on srk are saying sphere is lvl 1? idk if thats true but thats prolly a better use of meter if it is.

It clearly shows in her reveal video her having a lvl 3 bar then using Healing Sphere and her bar is reduced to 0.

EDIT: Just noticed that Healing Sphere might also be an attack, as you can clearly see her dashing toward Chun-Li and Chun-Li blocking with each approach, even advancing guard at the end. Also her Flight seems to need a manual input as mid combo against Spencer she does something and her body is surrounded in flame, she appears to be held in place while in this state and is the only indication of a flight mode I see.

lol ok now it may be a little broken, but it's still a lvl 3 super, I'm pretty sure she can only heal scratch damage (red health), and we don't know it's duration and how/if it can be stopped. PHOENIX!!!

EDIT 2 - Also noticed she gains all her health back when going DPM, however she still losses health and it's a lvl 5 super, also it might be a self activating super when you die. lol I don't think it will be easy to abuse any of her tricks but they might make her annoying for lower lvl play. Also the opponent has to within the sphere for her to recover health during Healing Sphere (and it's a lvl 3 super). So all her "broken" elements are HEAVILY balanced out x.x

EDIT 3 - She does gain meter in DPM

Phoenix is nice and all, but no love for Haggar?

Shame on all of you. SHAME I SAY!

Oh, who am I kidding? Phoenix is fucking awesome. My team is now complete: Wesker, Phoenix, Dormammu - Team Unholy Trinity.

I'm crazy hype for Haggar. The manliest major walking the planet Earth finally appears in a fighter. The damage is beastly and mix up potential looks sick. He'll get my vote every time.

Haggar went from being the president of Metro city, to the Mayor of America, to the Mighty Mayor of Earth...and he deserved every single promotion he got. I was never hype for phoenix, Haggar will bring the Justice, and bring it HARD!

why is haggar so loved?

a wasted slot imo

well, at least he seems to be able to grab in combos, SNK Style BAYBE