Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Hoping Haggar's body press super isn't really that horrible and it's just combo length making it suck. Maybe it does multiple hits with his body because just the OTG hit seemed like a waste of meter. Maybe he can go for TvC Polimar-style airthrow resets because combo into throw seems equally terrible. I don't wanna say "damage is too low" based off a sample trailer especially when I don't know shit either so...

Haggar predates Zangief anyways I think, and in-universe I think they are supposed to have ripped off/improved each others' throws. So... yeah.

(Note: no feelings either way on the character. My team's already set so whatever :3)

Wasted compared to Zangief? Go home. Haggar's waited a long, long time for this.

Is there a difference? I'm mean, don't get me wrong, I loved Final Fight, but is there a specific reason why he has a fanbase? If it was gameplay wise i'd understand, but it's not like he was given a 3-minute monologue about how much he hates the crime that is corrupting his streets or something...=/ SOOOO HYPE FOR PHOENIX THOUGH!! =D

why is haggar so loved?

a wasted slot imo

well, at least he seems to be able to grab in combos, SNK Style BAYBE

I've said this before. I'll repeat myself, in this drunken state. Haggar is the president of metro city, the mayor of america, and the mighty mayor of earth. If your brain cant grasp his bad-ass-ness the i truly pity you. Many young boys died at teh ahnd of his burning fists.

If you still think he's a waste of a character after these two videos, than you sir are not a fan of great justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRxospSt58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFomXCKdhSU&feature=related

You're the mayor of a city. Your daughter gets kidnapped. Do you call the cops? FUCK NO! You tear off your shirt and you fuckin piledriver every asshole in your way. THAT my friend....is Haggar Justice. He will beat every man, woman, and child that stand in his way.

why is haggar so loved?

a wasted slot imo

well, at least he seems to be able to grab in combos, SNK Style BAYBE

First, you have a professional wrestler turn major. When a gang kidnaps his daughter instead of waiting around helpless and have the police handle it, he grabs his daughter's boyfriend and Japanese American friend, rips off his shirt, hits the streets and piledrive every scumbag he encounters to get his daughter back. That my friend reeks of awesomeness and very manly.

Hoping Haggar's body press super isn't really that horrible and it's just combo length making it suck. Maybe it does multiple hits with his body because just the OTG hit seemed like a waste of meter. Maybe he can go for TvC Polimar-style airthrow resets because combo into throw seems equally terrible. I don't wanna say "damage is too low" based off a sample trailer especially when I don't know shit either so...

The body slam hyper appears to be a ground pound. Deadpool was nowhere near him when he did it and it stilled connected.

The body slam hyper appears to be a ground pound. Deadpool was nowhere near him when he did it and it stilled connected.

Duh. That's what I meant by the OTG hit. If that's all it does it seems like a waste of meter. Zero's Rekouha(sp?)/DEATH RAINBOW does this kind of thing much better than Body Press, for example. As far as combo>aircombo>OTG>super goes anyways.

Though Haggar built a ton of halfway decent? meter in the combo leading up to it anyways so whatever I guess :X

Profound sadness.

Capcom lied about showing off Phoenix and Haggar at the secret event :/

Still the stream was awesome and made me even more hype to play the game :3

Only good thing about Haggar being in is it confirms that one list pretty much, seeing how that guy was right about Haggar and Phoenix, along with how her Dark mode works. Can't wait to see Sentinel, if he's more like Storm and not horribly nerfed like Magneto was he as a spot on my team automatically.

Wasted compared to Zangief? Go home. Haggar's waited a long, long time for this.

who said that i wanted lamegief? :rolleyes:

snip

snip

bah

people would whine if he is not in

People are gonna whine no matter who gets put in :/ With two companies with such a wide selection of franchises and characters it just impossible to please everyone, but ya know what? I don't care because for once I got everyone I wanted in :3 But honestly with such a big and diverse (gameplay wise) roster (I wasn't even expecting this game to have near 30 characters honestly) people in general need to stop being so salty at (blank) inclusion.

~.~ so many vids have popped up since yesterday yet so little of it features good X-23 gameplay, even the stream her time was very limited = 3=

sentinel was one of the most popular/infamous (and broken) characters in 2. I personally die inside knowing I have to deal with that again but it just wouldn't be the same without him.

in the alt color link that was posted a while back, the person explaining the alt designs stated that Magneto's old light blue costume from 2 was included for no reason other than it was featured in the famous 'Mahvel Baybee' video. I'd be suprised if they didn't bring back mango sentinel as well.

I'm sure there's an option to set time to infinite, but you may be right....god I hope you're right...

edit: re-checked the reveal video. starts with lvl1, my mistake.

Haggar's Body Press super did quite a lot of damage when he hit Zero physically as opposed to just the shockwave like in his reveal trailer. Wonder if you can do something simple like Pipe bounce>BodyPress

His punch mashy super I guess will require mashin' dem buttons.

Lol flailing around with Phoenix.

So Pheonix starts out with a max heat bar? jesus christ the OP mayhem that will cause...also means that you need to do literally nothing to get DP mode...

cant tell if you're trolling or just really that retarded.

Awful though it may be, I'm glad to get SOME footage (the preview by Seth was pretty nice) on my leading lady (although I must say I'm disappointed she calls out Scott's name during chip death >.>) Dark Phoenix mode looks even better than I thought with all the auto-projectiles (bullet hells here we come!) I'm still not sure how I'm going to make her work though seeing how she has SUCH low health and alot of her cool tricks are heavily kept in check <.<

Feb 15, why must you torture me so...

Also note Healing Sphere is a lvl 3 super

Nope. That's just editing making it look like that. 1 bar but you have to keep your opponent in the sphere for it to work. She used it in another video(look through the Phoenix thread on SRK if you don't believe me) and it was clearly 1 bar. It doesn't have that lvl 3 sound effect thats on every other lvl 3 anyway.

So Pheonix starts out with a max heat bar? jesus christ the OP mayhem that will cause...also means that you need to do literally nothing to get DP mode...

No, training mode starts out with a full super bar.

Nope. That's just editing making it look like that. 1 bar but you have to keep your opponent in the sphere for it to work. She used it in another video(look through the Phoenix thread on SRK if you don't believe me) and it was clearly 1 bar. It doesn't have that lvl 3 sound effect thats on every other lvl 3 anyway.

Awesome, I'm glad it's a 1 super, it makes it more useful and integral to her gameplay now also since she's more of a rush down character I don't think you have to worry too much about trying to keep your opponent within the sphere.

My only question now is, does it only recover scratch (red) life? If so the super almost seems pointless as Phoenix is pretty much dead with 4~5 hits from ANYONE x .x and she doesn't appear to get anymore scratch than anyone else, also a bit of a redundant question but can she activate Healing Sphere and/or X-Factor while in Dark Phoenix mode?

Awesome, I'm glad it's a 1 super, it makes it more useful and integral to her gameplay now also since she's more of a rush down character I don't think you have to worry too much about trying to keep your opponent within the sphere.

My only question now is, does it only recover scratch (red) life? If so the super almost seems pointless as Phoenix is pretty much dead with 4~5 hits from ANYONE x .x and she doesn't appear to get anymore scratch than anyone else, also a bit of a redundant question but can she activate Healing Sphere and/or X-Factor while in Dark Phoenix mode?

Probably the sphere in Dark mode, definitely the X factor. She does it in the trailer.

Awful though it may be, I'm glad to get SOME footage (the preview by Seth was pretty nice) on my leading lady (although I must say I'm disappointed she calls out Scott's name during chip death >.>) Dark Phoenix mode looks even better than I thought with all the auto-projectiles (bullet hells here we come!) I'm still not sure how I'm going to make her work though seeing how she has SUCH low health and alot of her cool tricks are heavily kept in check <.<

Feb 15, why must you torture me so...

Team her up with a good battery. Say Felicia for her meter building special, then have Morrigan Y-assist since it also builds meter.