Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Team her up with a good battery. Say Felicia for her meter building special, then have Morrigan Y-assist since it also builds meter.

Yeah but that would go against the team I'm trying to make, also that implies I would have to put Felicia on my team :/

Nah I think X-23 and Amaterasu have Phoenix more than covered, Amaterasu has some excellent range and can really lock her opponent down, X-23 will be good for getting in their face, and Phoenix herself has some good looking normals and definitely specials so I don't have to worry to much if she's left on her own (trying to use her as the anchor of my team)

Honestly I think Dark Phoenix mode is being over analyzed, it's a nice trick but I don't think it will be an integral part to her gameplay, I'm more looking into Healing Sphere (needed if she wants to even live), her Dizzy like projectiles, and the safety of all her specials/super like the dash attacks. But we'll see, either way I'm pretty much set on Woman's Fighting Team (X-23, Amaterasu, Phoenix) and I shall make them work!

Yeah but that would go against the team I'm trying to make, also that implies I would have to put Felicia on my team :/

Nah I think X-23 and Amaterasu have Phoenix more than covered, Amaterasu has some excellent range and can really lock her opponent down, X-23 will be good for getting in their face, and Phoenix herself has some good looking normals and definitely specials so I don't have to worry to much if she's left on her own (trying to use her as the anchor of my team)

Honestly I think Dark Phoenix mode is being over analyzed, it's a nice trick but I don't think it will be an integral part to her gameplay, I'm more looking into Healing Sphere (needed if she wants to even live), her Dizzy like projectiles, and the safety of all her specials/super like the dash attacks. But we'll see, either way I'm pretty much set on Woman's Fighting Team (X-23, Amaterasu, Phoenix) and I shall make them work!

The thing is though, she is meter hungry and going with a point/assist/assist type team would likely not be as effective as if you had at least one battery.

The thing is though, she is meter hungry and going with a point/assist/assist type team would likely not be as effective as if you had at least one battery.

You're right, and I'm not going to argue that point, your setup is undoubtedly better but I think mine will work out just as well, although should I finally build up the courage to actually compete this year I'll probably adjust my team as such.

However I don't feel Phoenix is exactly meter "hungry" unless you are specifically going for the DPM trick (since it's been confirmed Healing Sphere is a lvl 1 super, thank science!) and at this point it seems more like a gimmick than a viable option really (one note for optimum DPM you'll need to hold out on your X-Factor, preferably lvl 3 to get the most use out of no life drain on top of stronger attack stacked on an already insane amount of damage). Going back though the limited footage we have now (reveal trailer and G4 hands-on) it seems like she builds up meter at a considerable rate on her own, I saw one of her fireballs make contact and give her about more than 1/5 meter and her combos were easily almost filling bars (note I'm talking about while she's in regular mode, also it was hard to compile meter gain from this thanks to the G4 preview being in training mode ; A; ). Also I'm under the impression DPM just gives you powered up versions of your specials and in the G4 preview Phoenix (in DPM) drops a ground hex (similar to Testament/Trish) but I have yet to see a similar move while normal... Having this would help her alot.

In honesty we'll have to wait for the game to come out to see where she might ultimately stand.

does anyone have anything to convince me that advancing guard isnt retarded in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaGC1PEDick#t=2m50s

seriously, wtf :psyduck:

And later i see shit like dante's 2a-esque move get AG'd across the entire screen after just one damn quick poke.

I understand that they want a universal defensive option to help against retardedstrong mixup, but this is just silly

does anyone have anything to convince me that advancing guard isnt retarded in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaGC1PEDick#t=2m50s

seriously, wtf :psyduck:

And later i see shit like dante's 2a-esque move get AG'd across the entire screen after just one damn quick poke.

I understand that they want a universal defensive option to help against retardedstrong mixup, but this is just silly

You're kidding me right? *sighs* Why didn't more people play TvC...

Advancing Guard is an instrumental part of staying alive in MvC3, watch the tournament vid from Capcom's "Secret Event" and you'll easily see that chip damage in this game is RIDICULOUS, AG not only helps minimizes damage (you'll still take chip unlike in TvC, but it won't be anywhere NEAR as bad as it could be) it also plays out like Barrier Guarding in GG/BB and pushes the opponent off of you, allowing you to create openings for yourself. Also if yo're on your last leg and AG a move and get chipped to 0 health, you won't die from chipping and will be left with 1 HP.

Honestly I don't know why you're mad about AG though...

You're kidding me right? *sighs* Why didn't more people play TvC...

Advancing Guard is an instrumental part of staying alive in MvC3, watch the tournament vid from Capcom's "Secret Event" and you'll easily see that chip damage in this game is RIDICULOUS, AG not only helps minimizes damage (you'll still take chip unlike in TvC, but it won't be anywhere NEAR as bad as it could be) it also plays out like Barrier Guarding in GG/BB and pushes the opponent off of you, allowing you to create openings for yourself.

Honestly I don't know why you're mad about AG though...

i dont see how "chip damage is a big deal" justifies "hi im going to just push you across the entire screen because of one blocked poke and prevent any meaty pressure whatsoever"

i dont see how "chip damage is a big deal" justifies "hi im going to just push you across the entire screen because of one blocked poke and prevent any meaty pressure whatsoever"

Moves that move you forward can negate it, also assists cannot be pushblocked, also if you bait pushblock(they like to mash on it) and they wiff it they get a wiffed normal that you can punish.

It's still annoying though.

So you're mad because the game allows interesting matches rather than turtle fests?

I really can't tell you anything to make you think otherwise about AG, if you don't like it I'm sorry but you're going to have to get used to it if you plan on playing the game. Maybe it is dumb, but I personally find it to be one of the best defensive options in a game like this.

So you're mad because the game allows interesting matches rather than turtle fests?

... :psyduck:

What the fuck are you even talking about? How old are you? What does "I don't like this because it allows people to end solid pressure with jack shit effort" have to do with "YEAH IM SOME RANDOM STRAWMAN WHO LIKES TURTLING." Do you even know what pressure is? You think it's acceptable that someone can easily just turn being forced to block into getting a full screen of distance? That's more like turtling than anything fucking else. Takes a ton of the consequence out of blocking.

Way to white knight without any regard for logic, wow. I love to pressure, so I love to turtle! Brilliant!

Moves that move you forward can negate it, also assists cannot be pushblocked, also if you bait pushblock(they like to mash on it) and they wiff it they get a wiffed normal that you can punish.

It's still annoying though.

Footage of forward-moving moves negating it? I'm sort of doubting that considering trish couldnt move forward at all when her projectile was the thing being blocked and not even her.

The assist thing is a nice note though.

... :psyduck:

What the fuck are you even talking about? How old are you? What does "I don't like this because it allows people to end solid pressure with jack shit effort" have to do with "YEAH IM SOME RANDOM STRAWMAN WHO LIKES TURTLING." Do you even know what pressure is? You think it's acceptable that someone can easily just turn being forced to block into getting a full screen of distance? That's more like turtling than anything fucking else. Takes a ton of the consequence out of blocking.

Way to white knight without any regard for logic, wow. I love to pressure, so I love to turtle! Brilliant!

Ok you're right, maybe I didn't choose the best words for my argument but Dizzy showed you there are plenty of options around AG, it's not a perfect defense, also if you look at the "Secret Event" footage you'll see that AG really doesn't mean AS much as you're trying to make it out to be on higher level play. (also around 1:17:25~30 you can see C. Viper's charge move beating AG, you can still apply pressure to an AG user, it'll just take different tactics then in most other games)

Footage of forward-moving moves negating it? I'm sort of doubting that considering trish couldnt move forward at all when her projectile was the thing being blocked and not even her.

The assist thing is a nice note though.

The two projectiles that are free moving(Trish harvest and Dorm's Floating Bomb) are kind of a special case. you can just mash AG on them once block starts and they will be glued to the other wall. They both chip really nicely though and are good for DHC's.

Got some delicious Phoenix gameplay for SolxBaiken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rajiYxZy1LM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIn3292nOU&feature=player_embedded

Remarkably less boring than her reveal trailer. Her teleport shenanigans makes me cry. That's gonna be a bitch to deal with.

Can't wait to get my hands on Haggar. My man is a beast

Got some delicious Phoenix gameplay for SolxBaiken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rajiYxZy1LM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIn3292nOU&feature=player_embedded

Remarkably less boring than her reveal trailer. Her teleport shenanigans makes me cry. That's gonna be a bitch to deal with.

Can't wait to get my hands on Haggar. My man is a beast

*squeals and gets as giddy as possible* I...love...YOU!!! + w+

Phoenix looks amazing and as I've been saying DPM is just a really flashy trick, I doubt it will ever become a main focus of her gameplay. This will be my first time playing a character that has a teleport so I'm going to have to work extra hard on that, also I love her low projectile that causes the ground hex, this will be important for taking out rushers. Also it seems she doesn't take nearly as much damage from projectiles (chip or direct) as she does from melee attacks... Sadly my suspicions about Healing Sphere were confirmed and it can only heal scratch (red) damage, but it's still a great tool and last for a good amount of time (10 sec) so I'm not complaining. Ugh after watching this the wait for release just got that much harder >.< Thanks so much for sharing Hawk + w+

Yeah Haggar easily looks like the best grappler in the game! His range is great and of course being able to combo into throws is a huge plus, gonna have to watch out for him >.<

EDIT - Rewatching the vid it looks like while Healing Sphere is activated Phoenix doesn't receive ANY scratch damage while guarding as it is automatically healed, she only receives the bare minimum of chip damage. Healing Sphere just got that much more awesome :kitty:

Also a little note, the guys doing graffiti in the background is doing it real time :3 that's a pretty nice touch.

What I noticed is that the Phoenix player was playing it safe until he used Healing Sphere. From there he started rushing. The Sphere must her a defensive boost among with the healing.

with the bonus of receiveing a massive amount of scratch-regen with healing sphere once the enemy is in the bubble, it looks like it's valid for both defense as well as regen while you're beating the crap out of someone. as long as you're close to the opponent HS>?>profit

What I noticed is that the Phoenix player was playing it safe until he used Healing Sphere. From there he started rushing. The Sphere must her a defensive boost among with the healing.

Yeah you may be right about the defense bonus, hard to tell since we don't see her take a direct blow, either way Healing Sphere is undoubtedly the point of focus in Phoenix's arsenal. lol when Seth claimed she was a rush down character I thought he was tripping balls, but now I see, and I like what I see :3

My poor Laura, she only showed up to die in that vid ;A; I'm just glad she was on the same team as Phoenix (just needed Amaterasu and that would've been my team :3)

I'mma call it now and say that anyone wanting to main her will need to master fireball + teleport shenanigans.

I'mma call it now and say that anyone wanting to main her will need to master fireball + teleport shenanigans.

I'm thinking about playing her just because I love shit like that. I don't really want to play such a fragile character though... we will see.

Hype level for this game reached super hype levels of hype after all that CES footage.

One month-ish to go~

New info.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/11/marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-feature-disconnecter-hell-feature/

The game will keep an invisible stat which monitors your connection habits. If it notices you pulling the plug during online games, it will start marking your reputation down. No-one else will see it, but the utterly amazing outcome is this: Rage quitters will be matched up with other rage quitters, allowing everyone else to enjoy the game in peace. Amazing.

This is amazing

EDIT: More info

Update regrading Jill. Seth confirmed that Jill will have a completely new moveset

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/26618565/Will_MVC3_Jill_play_like_MVC2_Jill&post_num=6#481232293

His is the 6th post