Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Sorry, I was wrong, DLC is March 15. But he did say he had a pic of Strider...I need to double check this.

Well if Strider is in I can have an alternate team and have Team Paper Shield (Phoenix, Strider, and a big character) :D

Also don't know if it's been noticed but there's a little chink in Phoenix's DPM...

I just got off from fighting a team with Phoenix in it, she was the last character and had 4 1/2 bars, I was worried so I tossed out projectiles to catch her, I went in for a melee hit and it killed her, but on hit she gained 5 bars but she did NOT transform!

In other words Phoenix needs to have 5 bars BEFORE dying in order to go DPM, it seems you can't last chance it.

Okay guys...don't kill me for this, but I'm hearing a rumor from a guy named ZeroAlucard who apparently works at a Gamestop and says he's got a Cardboard poster confirming Strider will be released as DLC sometime in March (March 22?? I think it was??).

I work at gamestop as well, my manager gives me basically all the MvC3 swag (posters and such) so when i go back in friday ill check

Well if Strider is in I can have an alternate team and have Team Paper Shield (Phoenix, Strider, and a big character) :D

Strider and Phoenix are both meter hogs though.

What's up with people using Morrigan ONLY for the meter assist?

I mean using her last as the pocket carry is just so amusing.

Sorry if I don't wanna read through the last 188 pages to find a possible answer to this so I hope somebody wouldn't mind telling me, but do you still mash buttons for extra super damage in this game like MvC2? Just curious, thanks.

Sorry if I don't wanna read through the last 188 pages to find a possible answer to this so I hope somebody wouldn't mind telling me, but do you still mash buttons for extra super damage in this game like MvC2? Just curious, thanks.

I watched a vid from Shoryuken which had Yipes (I think...it was one of the vids from FrameAdvantage) showing some random stuff. The other guy (Seb?) asked the same question, and Yipes said no.

Strider and Phoenix are both meter hogs though.

I was only joking :kitty: I don't care for Strider or Big characters really XD

Well meter means alot, especially for my team, but also her other two assist can be fulfilled by SO many others it's almost a waste to pick anything else. I have personally mained Morrigan in every Darkstalkers/Cross Over game so she's just a natural selection, plus Dark Harmonizer + Vert (ground)/Horizon(air) Soul Fist + True Flight = awesome.

And it's not like she's a hard character to learn, be good with.

ALSO!

Waste. of. FLESH!

I really hope I end up liking Shuma Gorath. I haven't tried everyone yet, but I think there's seriously only two people (Taskmaster and Storm) that I'm even remotely interested in the current cast.

I'm one of these guys. :3

I have her as my anchor. Just stocking up the meters and go to town with Astral Vision shenanigans. Also, Shadow Servant > XFC > Darkness Illusion is such a sexy combo!

Just a little FYI;

X-23's lvl 3 hyper (Silent Kill) CAN be countered as it's an unblockable hit and not a grab. Just had a run in with Wesker that ruined my beautiful kill ; A;

Not very good at game and playing my Doom/Trish/X23 team. Using basic BnB combos.

Everyone thinks I'm using simple mode and call me a scrub

Well shit.

I guess this was to be expected.

Loving the game though.

so im on a little dillema here

i can buy mvc3 at a local store, like now

but i already got charged for the copy that i bought at amazon, and that one it wouldnt be here until the next week

what to do, my hype for playing the game is killing me, but im not sure if i would be able to sell the other copy to get my money back :/

but i already got charged for the copy that i bought at amazon, and that one it wouldnt be here until the next week

what to do, my hype for playing the game is killing me, but im not sure if i would be able to sell the other copy to get my money back :/

Just ask around. My friend had the same dilemma here, since he accidentally ordered 2 copies from different times of the year. He was able to find someone also hype for the game.

Just a little FYI;

X-23's lvl 3 hyper (Silent Kill) CAN be countered as it's an unblockable hit and not a grab. Just had a run in with Wesker that ruined my beautiful kill ; A;

Good to know. Although I've only been using it on forced tag-ins :D

but i already got charged for the copy that i bought at amazon, and that one it wouldn't be here until the next week

I would wait unless you can talk someone into buying your copy (at a discounted price). Currently the online play is pretty sub par compared to recent fighting games. Would love to join my usual crowd of online friends, but the spectator mode is non existent. Bought the game on release day and I'm still trying to learn the in and outs of my current team.

Oh, Wesker Pingpong super loses to almost every crouching antiair (IE Doramammu 2M) if he manages to whiff it for some reason.

Oh, Wesker Pingpong super loses to almost every crouching antiair (IE Doramammu 2M) if he manages to whiff it for some reason.

It's gotta be an attack that angled up, I'm guessing?

There's no invul on it, you'll get smacked by damn near anything I'm sure.

Best used as long range punish, or if you catch an assist in your combo. Maybe post-tech mixup too if you want.

Man I'm having difficulty dealing with all these beam spams = _= and I think I'm gonna drop Hsien-ko simply because she just moves far too slow for me to properly handle in this kind of game.

Also anyone know how the stats are broken down/grouped together? Currently I'm;

Stability - 3.5

Basic Offense - 4

Advance Offense - 3

Basic Defense - 2

Advance Offense - 3