Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Technically isn't it 1/3rd? Cause I thought you could escape forward/backwards switches with either one. Forward can be escaped with backwards and vice versa. Up and down I know are separate though...

Whoops yeha you're right, still 1/3 isn't bad, and even if your countered you still got a few good licks in and can't really be punished for it :3 and it makes me looks so pro :kitty:

I suck at this game. :3

That's my line! :kitty:

just a quick question, is there a way to set the BGM on the menu and char select screen to the classic "take you for a ride" always?

Sorry, Take you for a Ride ONLY plays during the character select in training mode. Makes me wonder why they would make 3 new remixes (2 of which are actually good = w=)

what irritates me more is that some fuckers voted for the lame ass ken, who the fuck wants another fucking shoto

Ken is totally different from Ryu AND Akuma! Unlike Ryu he has fire with his attacks, and unlike Akuma his fire is pure and righteous :kitty:

people who have no real conception of airdashers/marvel itself and are just interested because they're capcom fanboys

Or anime game fanboys have never played a versus game. Ken was the strongest shoto in MvC2 and had a godlike shoryuken assist. For low tiers he was way more useful than the crap that most low tier scrubs liked to play with.

Ken has always been strong in most the games hes been in, but i guess having good characters in a game would be silly because that would mean it'd be cheap right?

what irritates me more is that some f-----s voted for the lame ass ken, who the f--- wants another f----ng shoto

Sorry at work lol, but yeah - I agree. Placing in Ken now would be absolutely absurd with the plethora of options they might have......ohhh I dunno some personality beyond that of "karate man" #3

I was really dissapointed to see a lot of the most popular choices for both Marvel and Capcom votes. Hard to get excited about DLC when its probably going to be rehashes of older characters mostly. I would like to see some fun surprises.

Or anime game fanboys have never played a versus game. Ken was the strongest shoto in MvC2 and had a godlike shoryuken assist. For low tiers he was way more useful than the crap that most low tier scrubs liked to play with.

Ken has always been strong in most the games hes been in, but i guess having good characters in a game would be silly because that would mean it'd be cheap right?

No, having a redundant character would be silly because it would be a total slot waster where there could be a more innovative character. 2 shotos is MORE than enough for this game because they at least serve 2 different roles. What the hell would Ken bring to the table that Akuma and Ryu can't?

Please put some thought into posting before being smug and pretentious. :/

im not against having good chars on the game, im totally down for it

the problem here is that ken would barely add something new to the game, bringing him back would take the spot for a potentially new char that easily can add more variety on gameplay and roster, we already have 4 sf chars on the game, there are a lot of series besides sf that have chars that can be very interesting options for gameplay on the game

sorry for wanting variety on gameplay and roster smiley-rolleyes008.gif

No, having a redundant character would be silly because it would be a total slot waster where there could be a more innovative character. 2 shotos is MORE than enough for this game because they at least serve 2 different roles. What the hell would Ken bring to the table that Akuma and Ryu can't?

Please put some thought into posting before being smug and pretentious. :/

I echo this. Its not about whether Ken was ever good, it's about the fact that he would bring absolutely nothing to the roster isnt already there.....in abundance I might add.

Oh and when I said "older characters" in my last post I meant characters who've already made outings in previous Vs games instead of fresh faces. All these people screaming for Venom...he's cool and all but wouldn't you like to see a someone from Spiderman you like that's yet to have made an appearange. Carnage would be similar and yet different. Just a thought (not that I want carnage that much either... >_>)

Ultron (after assimilation with Warlock/Phalanx) wouldve been boss.

http://www.mltimelines.net/images/ultron2.jpg

They could have given him the awesome cape he had in Annihilation Conquest. I think they should give She-Hulk the actual alternate costume she wore as her Red incarnation instead of the body suit thing or whatever. Be so much cooler looking:

http://fullbodytransplant.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/redshe-hulk2.jpg

When people want "fun and exciting" new characters we essentially get throw away characters to appease the non competitive players. Look at Hakan, Juri, and Fuerte in SSF4. All have completely new and different playstyles that offer nothing to the game because they can't compete against the original world warriors.

In the case with MvC3 we have 5-8 flying runaway characters that lay projectiles and traps across the screen. 4 Grapplers in a game where everyone is jumping/flying. 6 Xmen characters. And a character whose moveset consists of specials from other characters already in the game. Now compare that to only two shoto characters, one with substantially better playability than the other. I'd rather have another unoriginal character in a game full of unoriginal characters than one who looks new but will completely suck to the point of unplayability.

i get your point, really, but for having Ken, i would preffer another char for another proven game, the game has various shotos or shotoesque chars already, if they want to add one more, i would preffer someone from another series before sf, its marvel vs capcom, not sf marvel vs street fighter & friends

and all of the new aditions on mvc3 dont look to be bad, mvc3 != ssf4, so far the only char that looks bad is ryu, and he still looks playable if paried well

we already have 4 street fighter 2 of which are shotos.

and honestly there are tons of interesting franchises with cool characters that capcom has to choose from. id rather have some guy i've never heard before over ken

Yo, quick Wesker related question. After some practice (and lack of knowledge) I know that a character grounded by Cobra Strike can be combo'd in the corner with his 3H. So I tested an aerial combo and then followed it up with 3H to see if I could combo it again. I get the 5L off sometimes but between the short wait to avoid Phantom Step, it doesn't seem possible to combo it, and even with that 5L, I can't follow it up. So should I just 3H it then do H Phantom Step and hope to confuse them or is that second combo actually possible but with really strict timing?

I'd rather have another unoriginal character in a game full of unoriginal characters than one who looks new but will completely suck to the point of unplayability.

Then Streetfighter is the game for you. Pick up a copy and enjoy it. No more Shota's

The fact remains that SF characters represent a small minority of the cast compared to how many xmen/marvel chars that are in the game all with the same playstyles and abilities. I know DL cares only for aesthetics over actual gameplay, but any more nonuseable characters is more of a waste characters really.

Yo, quick Wesker related question. After some practice (and lack of knowledge) I know that a character grounded by Cobra Strike can be combo'd in the corner with his 3H. So I tested an aerial combo and then followed it up with 3H to see if I could combo it again.

Cobra Strike can be follow up from any on the screen with 3H, same with Ghost Butterfly. After 3H you can do M > H > f.H then combo again into the launcher.

So should I just 3H it then do H Phantom Step and hope to confuse them or is that second combo actually possible but with really strict timing?

If you got a good assist like doom rocks or unibeam for example you can use those back into the launcher for a second air combo. You can also just 3H then go for an air grab or just cross someone up on their wake up with a good assist/frame trap then command grab.

Yo, quick Wesker related question. After some practice (and lack of knowledge) I know that a character grounded by Cobra Strike can be combo'd in the corner with his 3H. So I tested an aerial combo and then followed it up with 3H to see if I could combo it again. I get the 5L off sometimes but between the short wait to avoid Phantom Step, it doesn't seem possible to combo it, and even with that 5L, I can't follow it up. So should I just 3H it then do H Phantom Step and hope to confuse them or is that second combo actually possible but with really strict timing?

some examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZoPMzvNOx8

you don't have to use these assists, there are many other assists that can provide a similar function, but it should give you the general idea. sometimes if the combo has a lot of hits you need to shorten your last air combo a lot to something like j.B j.S or they will tech out before you get the j.S floorslam

where is my monster hunter character already, I don't care if the MH development team doesn't want one put in

afdslkhslfdkh what the fuck am i even reading?

I love how you accuse someone of ignorance of MvC2, then go on to justify his theoretical inclusion just because he had a very strong DP assist.

Surely having a strong DP assist, and being a strong shoto, is enough justification for not having actually interesting and strong characters who were much more significant to MvC2 than some low tier shoto. Those strengths aren't easily replicable with the others or anything.

"Ken has always been strong in most the games hes been in"? What? Wasn't he midish in sf4 and ssf4, mid in sf2, and low tier as you said in mvc2? It seems to me that the only game he was strong in was sf3.

And what's this random point accusing be of not wanting him because he's cheap? What's the matter, genuinely upset for getting hatemail while playing online on SF4? Apparently so much so that you have to get defensive about a character who brings almost nothing to the table that Akuma/Ryu couldn't with a little more generousity with their movesets, so defensive that you then claim that not knowing why he should be in means someone doesn't know shit about Marvel, even though there's many, many more pivotal characters who aren't easily replaced by other characters.

In response to your random, desperate accusation, I don't give a shit if more "cheap" characters are added to this game, but it'd be more interesting for it to have something we haven't seen before to advance what the genre has done, as opposed to adding a character simply because he was "strong" relative to other low tiers once.

When people want "fun and exciting" new characters we essentially get throw away characters to appease the non competitive players. Look at Hakan, Juri, and Fuerte in SSF4. All have completely new and different playstyles that offer nothing to the game because they can't compete against the original world warriors.

In the case with MvC3 we have 5-8 flying runaway characters that lay projectiles and traps across the screen. 4 Grapplers in a game where everyone is jumping/flying. 6 Xmen characters. And a character whose moveset consists of specials from other characters already in the game. Now compare that to only two shoto characters, one with substantially better playability than the other. I'd rather have another unoriginal character in a game full of unoriginal characters than one who looks new but will completely suck to the point of unplayability.

Even more sheer brilliance here. We've moved from random accusations of "u just dont want him because ur scared he'll be cheap" to some babbling about how if a character isnt something that has clearly been done before, then capcom will fail to balance the character and they will be noncompetitive. Why yes, it is absolutely brilliant to think of MvC3 as a game where the characters should all be something that has been done before so that we don't get any surprises or unexpected balance issues. Because if a character with very strong command grabs isn't given the tools to compete, then clearly we should just not bother with having diverse casts with differing movesets ever again, especially in a Marvel Game! It's not like guile was weak in SF4 vanilla, or other exceptions to this baffling "done=strong undone=worthlessly weak". Nope. Don't include new characters in a game that 's supposed to be wild over characters that gain very few interesting attributes from being in a marvel game, they might be too weak!

Anyway, nothing you said make sense, you're just a ken fanboy. I mean, seriously, "he should be in instead of other MvC2 characters because he had a strong SRK assist and was a good shoto," even though either of the two shotos in this game could have his properties. "He should be in this over new characters because those characters will probably be too weak." Nice premature tier list for characters like x-23, Amaterasu, Dante, etc.

The fact remains that SF characters represent a small minority of the cast compared to how many xmen/marvel chars that are in the game all with the same playstyles and abilities. I know DL cares only for aesthetics over actual gameplay, but any more nonuseable characters is more of a waste characters really

>actual gameplay

>wants another character whose gameplay we have already experienced before several times, even in games like this, over a character who could advance the genre or at least bring back certain awesome shit from mvc2

>nonuseable characters, as if the non-shotos of the game are weaker than the shotos, or as if ken wasn't low tier in mvc2

yo i heard ryu was strong in dis game and that ken would bring anything significant in terms of gameplay or aesthetics

your desires for a shitty, weak character totally outweigh desires for a strong, interesting character like strider.

and i love how you complain about the marvel characters being all the same and just..yes, ironman, x-23, dormammu, taskmaster, deadpool, skrull, and phoenix are all so similar and much less interesting than ken.

Honestly, by your logic, you should be happy that there are few SF characters in MvC3, since it takes a lot more effort to make an SF character viable and interesting in a Marvel game than to make a new character viable, or make a strong MvC2 character viable in 3.

I mean, damn, really, none f this makes sense. You're arguing that a new character, possibly with strengths fitting for a marvel game, would inherently be non-competitive compared to a character simply not wild enough for marvel and was low tier in the last game, and brings absolutely nothing to the game that other shotos couldn't.

I know DL cares only for aesthetics over actual gameplay, but any more nonuseable characters is more of a waste characters really.

yeah because wanting interesting chars with interesting gameplay over another lolol shoto is caring only for aesthetics, stay free pal

yeah because wanting interesting chars with interesting gameplay over another lolol shoto is caring only for aesthetics, stay free pal

[ ] Not told

[ ] Told

[ ] FUCKING TOLD

[X] AFTER THE END OF WORLD WAR II, THE WORLD WAS SPLIT INTO TWO—EAST, AND WEST. THIS MARKED THE BEGINNING OF THE ERA KNOWN AS THE TOLD WAR.

1171735-metal_gear_solid_super.jpg

^I loled

And Thanks, that pretty much answered my question. Looks like I'm gonna have to figure what assists will work for it with Sentinel and Dormammu....Maybe Purification or Rocket Punch.

Well I saw what i was expecting from DL about other games that are not anime, if its capcom and has anything to do with SF its instant hate. You guys speak volumes about the kind of people you are that play these games. Funny as much as you guys bash SRK, the people on there have an overall more open mind about fighting games.

Stay anime guys! You guys can have your trash characters.

Bro, we hate on everything including (if not especially) our Anime games. We don't discriminate. We're just mean spirited people.

Where have you been?

Bro, we hate on everything including (if not especially) our Anime games. We don't discriminate. We're just mean spirited people.

Where have you been?

On SRK more evidently, to bad the MvC3 forum is an even bigger dump than one can imagine.

I like how you're calling people out for liking animuu games when you host a stream for BBCS and GGAC, which are considered animuu games just on their art style, let alone wanting another shoto from Street Fighter, just because 'it's Ken gaiz, he's gotta be in because any people with new playstyles are just going to end up trash!'

You lost my respect when you started in with that shit, and I see no reason to take you seriously now.

*cough* *cough*

*walks out of the flames*

x.x

FunkyP I think you need to calm down, why are you letting the opinions of a few shape your opinions of the whole? When you boil it down the VS series is one thing first and foremost before anything else;

A Dream Match game.

People want to see their favorite characters, it's as simple as that, and when two companies as big as Marvel and Capcom collide of course crap is gonna hit the walls. People aren't thinking mechanics, skills, or balance when they see the roster, they're just seeing if their number 1 made the list. Everything else comes afterwords.

Honestly ALL forums fluctuate between crap and tolerable. I'm just super lazy to go anywhere else besides DL :v: