Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I like how you're calling people out for liking animuu games when you host a stream for BBCS and GGAC, which are considered animuu games just on their art style, let alone wanting another shoto from Street Fighter, just because 'it's Ken gaiz, he's gotta be in because any people with new playstyles are just going to end up trash!'

You lost my respect when you started in with that shit, and I see no reason to take you seriously now.

ROFL I love animu games personally, It just this specific subforum in particular makes me facepalm so hard. Every now and then ppl need to realize how idiotic some people's opinions really are.

One of my top favorite SF characters is Ken, I will not take disrespect about him so lightly.

stupidity

indeed

One of my top favorite SF characters is Ken, I will not take disrespect about him so lightly.

and yet you complaint because other people want chars that they like and think that can add more gameplay value than ken, way to go :8/:

ROFL I love animu games personally, It just this specific subforum in particular makes me facepalm so hard. Every now and then ppl need to realize how idiotic some people's opinions really are.

Okay, Ken is one of your favorite characters in SF.

The question to ask here when you think Ken in MvC3 though is: "What can he do that other people can't?" To which I say; "What can he do that Ryu and Akuma can't do?"

And the way you defend your opinion, you'd think you were up against the entire forum flaming you. What the hell was up with the whole 'DL likes aesthetics over gameplay' comment, for starters? That just makes you sound like an asshole, especially when you say it as if it's going to justify Ken being in MvC3.

Well I saw what i was expecting from DL about other games that are not anime, if its capcom and has anything to do with SF its instant hate. You guys speak volumes about the kind of people you are that play these games. Funny as much as you guys bash SRK, the people on there have an overall more open mind about fighting games.

Stay anime guys! You guys can have your trash characters.

lmao you are just a gold mine

Somehow I knew you'd throw out a random, new accusation. This time it's that we just hate shotos just because they're related to SF/Capcom. Let's examine the facts, since you appear to be completely incapable of doing that yourself:

-I bought SSF4 and like Juri, Dhalsim, and other characters in it. I would even like to see Juri adapted to MvC3.

-I think MvC3 is interesting though I don't intend on maining it because it is too nuts for me, as seen by the fact that AG is fucking strong only so that people don't get completely run over. I like the cast a lot, though I was hoping trish would be more "developed" as a testament-esque character....

-Neo likes SF3

-I like vampire savior a lot

And then we have this random attempt to be arbitrarily rebellious against the popular understanding that SRK hosts to a huge amount of retards, simply because you want to vent your anger on random accusations.

Let's compare what you've seen recently in this thread:

-Don't want a cast bogged down by characters that bring nothing to the table, don't advance the genre, and we have seen many times before in games

-Possibly skeptical of capcom games

....to common SRK comments:

-lol airdashers are broken and are all rushdown

-lol melty blood is such a gay pedo game even though there's only 2 lolis and one is not even remotely sexualized and all the other girls are like 17-20+

-OMG, Umineko Ougon has panty shots, a maid with big tits, and a grope super that can be used on guys! Fucking gay hentai pervent pedo game is only good for fapping, i'm going to go play my game with Sakura and Viper that zooms in on Juri and Cammy's asses.

-KOF? That's not capcom. fucking shitty broken ripoff game

-nobody cares about bb or gg where's my sf

-tekken is all juggles!!

Why yes, not wanting a shoto when you have advanced LITERALLY NO VALID REASON for having that shoto clearly just shows we're close minded Capcom haters.

But really, none of that isn't as hilarious as how you haven't:

-justified picking ken over a character who was ACTUALLY STRONG AND INTERESTING IN MVC2, especially considering your concern over a new choice being potentially weak

-justified your claim that ken would definitely be strong even though he's rarely strong AND WAS LOW TIER IN MVC2 AS YOU POINTED OUT

-justified why anyone would give a shit about ken's strong DP assist or about his gameplay in general when applied to mvc3, especially since you supposedly care about gameplay so much

-justified your random accusations that i don't want ken because he'd be "cheap"

-justified your claim that newly designed characters are weak in mvc3

-justified your claim that "classic" characters are always strong and so should have precedence over new designs which will probably be weak, despite exceptions such as ryu in marvel 3, ken in marvel 2, guile in vanilla sf4, etc.

-justified why having another shoto is more important than adding new designs that may advance the genre, create interesting matchups, and increase the diversity of the cast and interesting team combinations

-proven that ken brings anything to the game in terms of gameplay over other characters like strider

-justified at all how other characters like strider would be a wasted slot in ken's place

Except he deserves disrespect because he is overused, is boring in the context of a Marvel game, would bring nothing to the game in terms of gameplay, and you have simply done nothing to back up your claims that he is a logical gameplay choice, so of course people are going to make fun of your nonsensical opinion even further. :eng101:

Also, look in the mirror.

In conclusion, you're angry because other people don't like ken enough to waste a spot with him and you're flinging out a thinly veiled facade of reasons to try and justify your rage, followed by absolute nonsense because you have no substance whatsoever. :keke:

In before you make another post that responds with no logic whatsoever to this and just throws a new accusation at me. How about you wrap this up instead: "I'm sorry for bullshitting like my subjective desires meant anything to anyone else, I just want ken in because I think he's cool and i really like how he says ORA ORA ORA ORA during that one ultra in SF4.

i always choose asthetics first in a fighting game, might be why I suck at all of them =p but i need my character to look good while i'm trying to win.

makes it especially hard in this game since marvel goes mostly with marvel and capcom with capcom D= and i hate doubleing up people from the same series

Alright If I may be serious or truthful for a second here:

When I stream BBCS or go around and have discussion within the community I hear a lot of, "Boy I'm not very good or play this game all that seriously, but it sure looks pretty and thats why I play it." or "I play such and such character because they look so cool/kawaii/like some other awesome anime character."

When I see or hear people say that, in my opinion its like why the hell are you playing with competitive people within a competitive community. That kind of attitude isn't gonna help anybody take the game seriously. Thats why I see the local community for games such as these die. DL community games lets face it has a rather weak community of live players.

And secondly one of the most wanted character's that everyone wants to see in this game is Phoenix Wright. He's a motherfucking LAWYER, what the fuck can a LAWYER do in a FIGHTING GAME?! Ken is notably different from other shotos as he is mainly rushdown oriented with loads of frame traps and high damage Ryu can't touch. When people want PHOENIX WRIGHT over actual useful characters like Ken or Cammy, we get throw away fan service characters.

Well I saw what i was expecting from DL about other games that are not anime, if its capcom and has anything to do with SF its instant hate. You guys speak volumes about the kind of people you are that play these games. Funny as much as you guys bash SRK, the people on there have an overall more open mind about fighting games.

Stay anime guys! You guys can have your trash characters.

BARK BARK BARK

dustloop sure doesn't have a reason for disliking SF or Capcom's trends as players of GG/BB, it's just cause SF isn't anime and BB/GG is yep yep absolutely same games different aesthetics no difference otherwise

please continue to disillusion yourself because people not liking ken just steams your carrots

When I stream BBCS or go around and have discussion within the community I hear a lot of, "Boy I'm not very good or play this game all that seriously, but it sure looks pretty and thats why I play it." or "I play such and such character because they look so cool/kawaii/like some other awesome anime character."

What a coincidence--I virtually never hear this ever.

He's a motherfucking LAWYER, what the fuck can a LAWYER do in a FIGHTING GAME?!

She-Hulk says hi :kitty:

Again this is a Dream Match game, also when does previous fighting ability denote usefulness of a character? TvC had several characters that aren't combatants and they rock (Doronjo, Roll, Saki). If they want to make a character good they have the ability to do so, I mean look at Dan, dude was a joke for like ever, but he's actually really viable in SF4.

Dude seriously quit clogging up the thread with your narrow view opinions, at first I understood where you were coming from but now you're just straight trolling.

battler from umineko is baisically a lawyer and he looks fine in that game >O>

Honestly if Mr. Wright does make it into the game, I imagine him to be JUST like Battler :kitty:

When I see or hear people say that, in my opinion its like why the hell are you playing with competitive people within a competitive community. That kind of attitude isn't gonna help anybody take the game seriously. Thats why I see the local community for games such as these die. DL community games lets face it has a rather weak community of live players.

so you vented random steam at us that has nothing to do with this convseration

so you confirmed that u mad

cool

And secondly one of the most wanted character's that everyone wants to see in this game is Phoenix Wright. He's a motherfucking LAWYER, what the fuck can a LAWYER do in a FIGHTING GAME?! Ken is notably different from other shotos as he is mainly rushdown oriented with loads of frame traps and high damage Ryu can't touch. When people want PHOENIX WRIGHT over actual useful characters like Ken or Cammy, we get throw away fan service characters.

-this is a dream match, it's supposed to be about taking characters from all over the place and making them fit, like how GG takes characters with extremely different playstyles and makes them relatively balanced against one another, and naturally capcom fans will want phoenix

-i have no idea how phoenix would work either but anyone with a brain would much rather see capcom try that than add something we've already seen before and does nothing for the gameplay and only satisfies some random angry ken fanboy

-Everyone knows that Ken is more rushdown oriented than Ryu. Nobody gives a shit because they are THINKING ABOUT HIM IN A MVC GAME AND NOT AN SF GAME. Ryu has high damage in mvc3, they could give him frametraps(or maybe he already has these!), ken would have to have a command grab to have a kara throw since mvc3 has 1 button throws(or give it to ryu to not waste a slot on ken), they could give ryu more rushdown tools. Or akuma. KEN HAS NOTHING THAT COULDN'T BE EASILY ADDED TO THOSE TWO CHARACTERS. HE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE.

-THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RYU AND KEN ARE TINY IN THE CONTEXT OF MVC3.

-Ken would probably be weak as shit like ryu, especially if all he has are a few frametraps and a kara throw.

-none of us brought up phoenix wright in competition with ken

-Please point out throw away fanservice characters in MvC3. The only one appears to be ryu, everyone else seems strong and interesting.

-You still haven't justified your random accusations of UR JUST MAD BECUZ HEL BE CHEAP and you STILL HAVENT JUSTIFIED PUTTING HIM IN OVER SOMEONE LIKE STRIDER.

In short, you only care about fanservice because you blindly want ken even though his gameplay contribution would be miniscule compared to other choices, including choices of strong, unincluded characters from marvel 2. You just want to waste a slot on your favorite because you think he's cool even though his significant differences in sf4 would be tiny in mvc3 and would contribute much less to team building and the breadth of gameplay than other choices like Cable.

oh shit son!

also in all seriousness is MvC3 really that broken? im balancing either MvC3 or re buy rorona and alot of other games.

is MvC3 really that broken?

Define broken?

IMO the game is easily accessible, almost to a fault, and people shout broken at tactics which have existed since the beginning of time (at least for games). Everyone has access to the same tools and everyone is a force to be dealt with. Game is fun as crap (IMO) but play it like your typical fighter and you might not like it.

Find a person (or store) that has it and just give it a shot, that's really the only way (for everything really) to know if it's for you or not.

MvC3 is not broken by virtue of everyone being broken.

Also lol @ trying to attach realism to a game like MvC3. How dare people want someone potentially unique and new like Phoenix Wright over a tried and true boring shoto, especially when there's already two in the game.

"MVC3 is so broken, its fair."

Don't play it to be serious, Capcom fails horribly at trying to make things serious (staring right at you Resident Evil).

147409_o.gif

Just enjoy the damn game.

Think I played too much today, I was on fire all day but the last 30 mins were just horrible for me >.<

Guess I'll call it in for the rest of the night...

i always choose asthetics first in a fighting game, might be why I suck at all of them =p but i need my character to look good while i'm trying to win.

Says the nigga who plays the most horrible character aesthetically in BB, a fucken BLOB.

This is why I love you FU.

BTW, you posted a song of some red haired chick in an older XBL gen, you mind posting it again?