Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I ragequit that video no less than 3 times, because of the sheer fuckwitery of most of his complaints. I think the guy has some legitimate gripes with MvC3 if you look at it from a purely casual standpoint. I see where he's coming from with the lack of full motion endings its kinda lazy. The fact that there is no spectator mode or replays is just unacceptable. The PS2 version of 3rd Strike has replays for crissakes. His complaints about buttons are invalidated because he thinks that MvC2 has the same layout as SF. So beginners get owned by people playing in simple mode? Thats the whole point of it. So people who are random mashers can have fun playing against casual fans. Randoms using simple aren't very common online so whats the worry?

I ragequit that video

23w2u4k.gif

Aside from the vid being 13mins long I think it's a great review, and humorous, who knew Cobra commander was the CEO of Capcom? The button complaint is easily the weakest point, but not something that uncredits the entire review. And honestly why the hell does this game (or any 4 button fighter for that reason) bother with "Simple Modes" the systems area already pretty dumbed down, especially in MvC3's case as it only allows for Magic series inputs and there are only like 2-3 notations in the entire game.

Aside from the vid being 13mins long I think it's a great review, and humorous, who knew Cobra commander was the CEO of Capcom? The button complaint is easily the weakest point, but not something that uncredits the entire review. And honestly why the hell does this game (or any 4 button fighter for that reason) bother with "Simple Modes" the systems area already pretty dumbed down, especially in MvC3's case as it only allows for Magic series inputs and there are only like 2-3 notations in the entire game.

For people who have ever seriously played a fighting game, doing a DP motion on reaction is very easy, and doing a complex combo is a daily thing. For casuals, children, and complete novices its a nigh impossibility. For anyone who is like, "I want to be good at this game." simple mode might as well not exist. Forget that its there and don't worry about it. Simple/beginner modes are for people who pick up a game and says, "I want to beat up my friends." Its kinda liked the difference between people who actually play instruments and people who play Guitar Hero at parties.

EDIT: P.S. Who cares about god killing furries?

who knew Cobra commander was the CEO of Capcom?

He's actually called Corporate Commander. LOL Corporate is everything that makes a game suck, even in Capcom. And I can already assume that a "Marvelous" Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is gonna happen.

Humorous review. Wouldn't use SSF4 as an perfect game since it basically an updated version of SF4 (which was bare bones too). Expect the same thing to happen too MVC3 in the not so distant future.

- KoF XII's gameplay was solid (hardly polished considering the previous entry) it's main problem was it was just very bare minimum (rectified in XIII).

- A legitimate excuse, some people are still salty in the format change, not everyone is used to 4 button fighters.

- Yes, but he goes on to say that experienced players (and those who take the steps to reach those levels) will have no trouble, but the purely casual crowd and beginners will be easily dishearten.

- Well cause...it kinda is. We were basically given the finished beta code with little consideration into anything else. Even by Capcom standards this game is pathetic in it's production values (outside the core combat) and I know "lolthisisafightinggame :v:" but it's also a video game trying to reach out to various consumers, and such blandness is pretty inexcusable,

-throws, movesets, meter, etc. really..just..no.

-marvel is a dumb game for a punch/kick dichotomy, period. moving from lk hk lp hp to l m h e is a harmless change, the only bitching that makes any sense with that is "why does E not have a crouching version and whatnot, and why is it not cancelable like other normals..?"

-it's still hilarious whining, might as well say "this random character beasts this random character so hard unless you play for more than 5 minutes." there's virtually no way to please absolutely every low level "balance" complaint

-i like how you transform "shallow" into "low production values" and not gameplay with little depth. good job just ignoring the word entirely

i'm not saying the review doesn't have some decent points, the spectator thing alone shows this game was rushed, but it's still a laughable review to praise

simple mode is for people who hate quartercircles but still wanna fuck around

~magical mystery~

The PS2 version of 3rd Strike has replays for crissakes.

Wait..third strike had offline match replays? Man, that's nice. I wish blaz and stuff had that. :(

Why everytime I read a topic about Marvel vs Capcom is a flame war... lord have mercy :v:

Because this is the internet, a place that makes everyone feels like their opinions matter, and when that happens everyone assumes their right.

:kitty:

EDIT: P.S. Who cares about god killing furries?

Who cares about Furries? I'm talk'n bout Nekomimi son :v:

Wait..third strike had offline match replays? Man, that's nice. I wish blaz and stuff had that. :(

After every Vs. match there is an option to save. I didn't even notice it until after SSF4 lol.

Why everytime I read a topic about Marvel vs Capcom is a flame war... lord have mercy :v:

Because its Mahvel baby.

Yo dawg, so I heard you like flame wars. So we'll put flame wars in YO flame wars so you can rage while you rage.

........you can punch me now. :psyduck:

........you can punch me now. :psyduck:

If you like :kitty:

Because this is the internet, a place that makes everyone feels like their opinions matter, and when that happens everyone assumes their right.

Yeah I know but it's a bit tiring sometimes. This is one of those games that you love it or hate it that's all.

the only bitching that makes any sense with that is "...and why is it not cancelable like other normals..?"

You can cancel the jump after the launcher with a special/hyper.

You can cancel the jump after the launcher with a special/hyper.

I meant on block/whiff, but yes. that's a thing i recently learned in a dormammu combo video. <3 jump cancel cancels

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S.!

So why are we being forced to not only pay for Jill and Shuma but also wait a whole month before use again?

I heard a bunch of stuff about Jill being incomplete on the disc in terms of some moves sucking and others lacking sounds, so even if Shuma is very done, Jill may not be...

Also mission mode I guess.

I heard a bunch of stuff about Jill being incomplete on the disc in terms of some moves sucking and others lacking sounds, so even if Shuma is very done, Jill may not be...

Also mission mode I guess.

Me too, but that video shows the missing sound files are in (as now Jill has tag in sound for others and vice versa, and she also has audio with her win quotes) and Shuma was stated as being complete from the start. A rumor is that ver 1.01 added the "fixes". My gripe is the characters were already/almost complete so why force us to wait a month (when they could've been released sooner) or the bigger question why wasn't the game pushed back a week or 2 to prevet us from paying for stuff that's already there...

why wasn't the game pushed back a week or 2 to prevet us from paying for stuff that's already there...

Because you have to ship at some point. They could add characters until the end of time but if they don't ship we don't get to play it. And then you have Duke Nukem Forever.

Because you have to ship at some point. They could add characters until the end of time but if they don't ship we don't get to play it. And then you have Duke Nukem Forever.

But by the time the game shipped 1 character was already 100% complete and the other was like 90%. And a week later a patch comes that makes the other 100.

So a week delay to include what was already there should've been within acceptable parameters. Or well at least allow us to buy them now, plenty of games have BS release DLC.

Not that I care, I bought the special edition and I probably won't play either one = w=